Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Life and Love, Lost and Found
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Life and Love, Lost and Found
WhiteSaber
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 am
Chapter 1: Meet Zack

Name: Zack. Aspiration: Romance. Occupation: Slacker. Ego: Off the charts.

This is Zack Morris. Recently arrived in Pleasantview, Zack comes from a large city where he spent many a night out partying and hitting on the ladies. Something he was quite succesful at to be sure. Tired of the same old scene, he decided to head to a small neighborhood and scope out the lay of the land as it were. And of course, the women. He was not to be dissapointed. But even though Zack had loved many, many times. He still felt like something was missing, and although his aspirations centered on scoring with plenty of new loves, he felt deep inside that what he really wanted was to settle down....no, that couldn't be right, 10 loves are better than 1! Right! Right?

Soon to be the love shack

Zack moved into a small house on the side of town, across the street from a single mom with 2 kids and one on the way. He used what money he had to spruce it up a bit and add a double bed of course. He also started his job the next day parking cars or something. He really wasn't to sure since he spent most of his time in the breakroom catching up on his sleep. Not wanting to waste valuable energy on cooking, Zack ordered a lot of pizza, and that was how he met Lauren.

Hot pizza, Hot girl, Cool deal.

Zack didn't waste anytime in building his relationships. He was a natural and soon had several woman swooning for him.

There was Marylena

Fun loving Jan

Delicate, Ivy

Angela, the well dressed, and seemingly unfazed by Herb.

Demi the cop. Good with cuffs, that one.

And...oooh..what was her name? They're getting hard to keep track of!

Through amazing feets of intelligence, Zack was able fall in love over and over again without any of his loves finding out. Zack knew how to do his thing and do it well, but that one idea was still gnawing at the back of his head. Is this really what I want?

Then he met Nina Caliente. She was a little different from his other lovers. More substance, more flare. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he was going to find out why out of all of his many lovers, she seemed special.

Amidst all his loving, Zack managed to work his way up the short ladder of his career, becoming a professional party guest. $4200 for 12 hours a week? Yes please.

Little did Zack know, part of the allure to Nina Caliente was that she was alurring to everyone. And she even already had a steady boyfriend known around the town as Don Lothario. Zack had spent so much time on his relationships with the women of Pleasantview, that he had failed to see whose turf he was honing in on. And the Don wasn't going to take to Zack moving in on his main squeeze Nina.

What will happen when Zack and Don meet? Will Nina be the one to lasso Zack's heart all to herself? And just what about that nagging feeling that this isn't the life he was meant to lead? Find out next time in Chapter 2: Fisticuff failure.

Authors Note: So yeah, that's the start of my story. I like to do pictures, so I apologize if there are too many of those and not enough text. This is kind of like a teaser opening. The rest of the story should get more substance. On that note, I also got better at taking pictures as I went along. Zack is my own created sim. A romance aspiration. Ironic in that I dislike the romance sims most of all. I find woohooing tons of different sims to be kind of, well, I don't know, boring. After awhile, fulfilling wants to woohoo becomes less meaningful and more mechanical. So why did I create my first sim a romance sim? I wanted to experiment with giving wants and also giving fears and also to fit the aspirations to the characters in the stories. Zack is romance now, but events in his future might sway him to some other direction. Hope you enjoyed Chapter 1. Post your comments, criticisms, off topic remarks or whatever below. I can take it! Thanks!

Last edited by WhiteSaber on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:33 am
This looks like it's going to be good! Grin
I don't think you used to many pictures, but what graphic card do you have? They seem a little grainy...
WhiteSaber wrote:
Angela, the well dressed, and seemingly unfazed by Herb.

The real question is, why was Herb there???? shocked

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:05 am
Hmm, they are a little grainy. I didn't notice when I posted them last night, but I'm looking at them on a different computer now and it's not the quality I had expected. I think my picture quality in the game was set to medium so the first thing I'll do is change that to high. Since I already have some other photos ready to go that might be grainy, I'll try adjusting them smaller or something to reduce the graininess until I get to the newer pictures

I don't remember why Herb was there exactly. I think he randomly stopped by and I greeted him because Zack rolled up a want to met someone new. Then I snapped the picture because I found it humorous.

Herb and Coral Oldie are now busy taking care of their new cats, Tiger and Muffin, that I created for them while experimenting with creating cats. At the moment, that's unrelated to this story, but I might throw it in for good measure later on.

And, for anyone so interested, this story will eventually grow to incorporate most, if not all, the families from Pleasantview. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but as soon as I started playing the game, I started planning out the stories for each family and how they would intertwine, starting with my own created sim. Hope you enjoy.
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 am
Zack Morris....Saved by the Bell! YAY!!! LOL

Where's Kelly Kapowski??? geek

WhiteSaber
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:29 am
Heh, darn. Someone caught me. Yes, I ripped the name from a favorite adolescent TV show. I didn't know at the time I named him all the fun I would have throwing him into the life and times of Pleasantview. I should probably have a disclaimer.

The names and situations of the characters in these stories are fictional. Any resemblance to real life or other fictional characters is unintended and have no bearing on this production.

So yeah, I don't intend to have a Slater or Kelly or Lisa or anything...although a Screech might be fun. cool
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:51 am
Now you have me wondering if it's possible to have too many pictures in a Sims story, and if so, how would one go about it? lol

The reductio ad absurdum would be to have so many pictures that that they take so long to load that the reader grows impatient waiting for them; not a reasonable limit. It's a good idea to break up a story into parts with no more than half a dozen images in each post, just to save bandwidth, but I doubt that it's likely anyone will put so many pictures in a story that the loading lag becomes noticeable.

If the pictures got to be really repetitious, that might indicate that there are too many; but if there's a conversation going on, you need a lengthy series of similar images to convey the feeling of the action.

So, at the moment, barring other brilliant thinking on the subject, I would conclude that no, there ain't no such thing as too many pictures in a Sims story! Grin

WhiteSaber
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:26 am
Cool, I'll try and break up the story a bit more so I don't have so many pictures in one post. It was mostly just to showcase his love interests anyway and we'll be moving on from there shortly. I really just have a few pictures that I posed and took with the intent to tell the story, so I'm looking forward to getting that up later, and also improving the picture quality. Thanks!
Chapter 2
WhiteSaber
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:32 am
Chapter 2: Fisticuff Failure

While Zack was contemplating the meaning of love and life, things were brewing at the Caliente household.

Dina had just proposed to Mortimer Goth, who accepted the proposal whole heartedly. Secure in her financial future, Dina began to muse over other plans. While she was entirely committed to Mortimer, or at least his money, she had seen nothing wrong with a little fling with the Don on the side. She had recently discovered that her fling was also woohooing her sister Nina, and that didn't sit well with Dina.

You can hear the wheels of revenge turning...I think.

She thought to herself, "Self, you have to teach Nina a lesson. She's been flirting with all the men in Pleasantview! Why does she need to take one of the two that I'm involved with!"

With that she devised a sinister plan. She knew that Nina was going to have Don Lothario over that night (under the guise of a business dinner. Pssh, whatever). Before Dina left for her night shift at the hospital, she would invite one of Nina's other loves over and leave him relaxing in the hot tub when the Don showed up. With that in mind, she sneaked up to her sister's room and thumbed through her little black book of addresses. Randomly placing her finger somewher the middle, she looked down and read the name and number to herself. "Zack Morris..."

Later that day, Dina had left for work, her plan in action. Nina, oblivious, greeted her business partner outside.

Um, interesting outfit to meet your business partner in...

"So, uh..." said Nina, "tell me about those quarterly financials, partner."

The Don grinned and replied, "Sure, I'll just lay out the spread sheets in your bedroom."

They got the business stuff out of the way quickly and relaxed on the bed. A cuddle here, a smooch there...and well, you know the rest.

Unbeknownst to them, Zack was in the hot tub above Nina's room. Hearing noises below, he thought Nina might be home like Dina said she would be and he ran downstairs.

Part 1: The discovery
Also, you can see the Don making a hasty retreat. He didn't stick around to see the outcome.

"Nina! I'm so glad you're finally here I was jus...what the..." but Zack's mouth failed him as he ran in on the lovers hastily getting out of the bed. He was shocked. Sure, he knew the women he dated were not committed to him, but he had thought Nina was different. And who was this...this...skanky, greased head, Mr. Suave that she was with? He couldn't control his emotions and in a jealous rage he went over to Nina and...gave her a light slap on the face.

Part 2: The reaction

Distressed, Zack left Nina and went home. Nina was distrought as well, and she retreated into her work as an up and coming military cadet. She had a vague notion that her sister was behind this, but she didn't have the energy to think about it.

Back at the Morris household, Zack was both enraged and dejected. He needed something to take his mind off of it. Looking around his house, he saw the only things to do were study books, or watch reruns on the television. He thought about retreating to the arms of another lover, but that just didn't seem right. He needed something else to focus on, like a video game. So Zack called a cab and got a ride to the local game and magazine stop.

Zack perused the vast selection of 3 games at the store and settled on a snowboarding game. He'd never seen snow in his life, every season looked the same to him in Pleasantview, maybe some day though. He bought his game and then made his way to the bathroom before calling a cab home. Maybe he should have held it.

Entering the bathroom, Zack came face to face with Don Lothario. The Don smirked at Zack, and that was the last straw.

Part 3: The mistake

Zack shoved Lothario. Zack had been working out and he figured he could take him, and now was as good a time as any for a fight. Zack took a swing at Don's head and missed. The Don retaliated with a swift punch to Zack's ribs, knocking him to the floor. The rest of the fight was a no holds barred ruckus.

Part 4: The result

The fight was not long. And Zack found himself rubbing bruises on his rear end while the Don dusted off his hands and left the store. "How could I lose! I was at peak fitness! I'm a loser at love and life....well, at least I have my game. Time to go home and play my worries away."

Zack got home and walked into the kitchen. It was then that he realized he didn't have a computer to play the game on. He slumped into bed and turned off the lights.

With Zack depressed, will he ever love again? Or will a failure to see his aspirations realized leave him a mess? Answers and more may be found next time in Chapter 3: If it's Broke, she'll fix it."

*Author's Notes: Sorry again for the grainy pictures. Last night I changed my settings. In a couple more chapters they should be looking better. Thanks for reading!
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:37 am
There's a fightclub hack that takes Body skill and number of fights won/lost into consideration when determining outcome...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 am
Woot yeah! Smack him Zack! Dammit! Don won! Throw something at him! *Hands Zack a mallet to beat Don with*
embarrassed Guess I got a little carried away there....

WhiteSaber
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:17 pm
Chapter 3: If it's Broke, she'll fix it.

Zack woke up the next day utterly depressed. Out of all his loves, Nina seemed like she could make him a one sim kind of guy. But that relationship was in shatters. And thus, so was Zack. He tried to make breakfast, but it was just too much, remembering how he always made omelettes for Nina and himself after a night of hot tubs and limousines. As the days went on, Zack stayed to himself, not meeting up with a different girl every night like the usual. He only made brief appearances at parties to keep the bills paid, but other than that he sat in his house alone. Eventually the phone stopped ringing and pretty soon after that, Zack's many love interests became a thing of the past. Then, one morning, distressed over omelettes yet again, Zack lost it.

This is an unhappy sim.

Zack may have curled up and died at that very moment, but a passing psychologist heard the sound of aspiration failure from the sidewalk and rushed into check on Zack. First, he gave Zack the all important chicken test.

Can you lay an egg? No? Good. *scribbles on his clipboard* "not a chicken"

Then a quick check for vision.

How many fingers do you see?

The shrink gave Zack a clean bill of health and informed him that he needed to get some company of the romantic variety if he wanted to really get better. Zack thanked the man and sent him on his way. He felt a little better, but the hurt of Nina's betrayal and Don's fist had left their mark.

"I can't stay alone, but I can't bear to be with anyone either. What am I gonna do?" thought Zack. "I know, if I can't bear to have company, I'll make company!" And with that he set about the house looking for supplies. In the end, all he could find was a half used tube of lipstick, a paper plate and his mop. It worked out quite nice.

Oh Moppy, what would I do without you?

Meanwhile, across the street, Brandi Broke was working in the garden on one of the rare occasions where here elder sons, Dustin and Beau were at school, and the newest addition, Brad, was asleep. Glancing across the street she noticed Zack dancing with a mop, which caused her to pause and scratch her head a moment.

*flashback* Doodeleedoo, Doodeleedoo, Doodeleedoo...

Zack and Brandi met early after Zack moved in to town seeing as how they were neighbors. Zack liked Brandi, but knew she was trying to make it as a single mom and didn't get involved with her for that reason. And at the time, there were other women to worry about. Still, over time Brandi and Zack became very good friends. One day, when Zack had several people over to check out the new hot tub, he taught Brandi how to use his hydroponic garden.

"So all you have to do is push the dirt around a bit?"

Brandi enjoyed Zack's company but knew what went on from all the parties and women she saw hanging around the house when she wasn't there. Deep down she pitied Zack a little. He was always searching for love. This brought to mind her marriage to Skip before his unfortunate accident. They had had a love that she thought would last forever, and in a way it was still continuing. But it was harder without him there, and she was being pushed to her limits with 3 children to take care of. Which brings us back to the present day...

Doodeleedoo, Doodeleedoo, Doodeleedoo...*end flashback*

Brandi realized that something awful must have happened to zack for him to be dancing with mops. Dustin had just arrived home from school and she asked him to look after Brad while she went next door to see Zack.

"Awww, but Mom!" screamed Dustin. "I was gonna go over to Angela's and hang out before my job."

"It will just take a few moments, so quit complaining and do as I say. You want to go to that school social this weekend, right?" retorted Brandi.

Dustin heaved a big sigh, shrugged his shoulders and then gave a defiant "Fine."

Brandi had no time to get angry as she hurried across the street.

By the time she got there, Zack had stopped dancing and was soaking silently in the hot tub out back. Before he had a chance to say anything, she had whipped up a batch of hot dogs on the grill and asked him to eat with her.

Brandi Broke: Hot dog griller and depression killer

"Zack, I saw you dancing with a mop, are you okay?"

"I don't know, Brandi, everything was going so well and then...oh, I don't want to talk about it, it's just that..." and Zack proceeded to tell Brandi everything.

Brandi listened intently and when he was finished, offered him some friendly words. "Zack, you've been with a lot of women, but I don't think you really loved any of them, not even Nina. You've told me before that you think there's more to this life than having lots of girlfriends and going out to parties, and I think you're right. I want to do you a favor. You've always been kind to me and my boys, so now it's my chance to do something for you. This place has a lot of bad memories, so I want you to sell all of your things and move in with us. You can help me take care of my kids, and we'll show you the importance of family."

Zack dropped his hot dog mid bite and gazed into the kind eyes of Brandi Broke. It was the most hearfelt offer he'd ever had, and he could see no reason not to take her up on it.

"Okay Brandi, I'll do that. And thank you."

Brandi smiled and helped Zack up from the Table. "Well, don't just stand there, come on over. We're gonna have to make room for you!"

And with that Zack moved out of his house, sold his belongings and moved in with the Brokes. Which, was good for them since Zack was kinda rich. Not only was life as a professional party goer fairly lucrative, but he had scored $20,000 for making a party more jumpin' than it was supposed to be.

Will Zack learn from Brandi the true meaning of family? Will he be able to satisfy his romantic needs? And how is he going to handle living in a house with three kids? Does he even like kids? Find out next time in Chapter 4:From Toast to Toasts.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:52 pm
Ack! Whitesaber, it looks like yours was among the accounts I accidentally deleted just a moment ago.

It's not your fault; I screwed up. I was blowing away spammers and inadvertently deleted all accounts that were created after 1/25/2007.

Try creating the account again. I think that you should be able to create the same username again, but I'm not 100% sure that some remnant isn't lurking in the database. If it is, I can probably find it and fix it.

WhiteSaber
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:13 pm
Ooooohhhh, so that's why I all of sudden couldn't log in, and I thought I couldn't remember my password. Thanks for the notice. I think everything's fine now. At least, I don't feel any different. ;-)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:31 pm
Hooray! It worked!

It looks like you're disconnected from your original account so your earlier posts look like they were posted by someone else, but at least you're back!

Sorry about the screwup! My little admin tool was *supposed* to remove only the three users I had checked (all spammers who joined today) but instead it blew away everybody on the page!

Fortunately, most of the accounts that got blown away had never posted anything at all, so those users weren't using their logins anyhow.

WhiteSaber
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:05 am
Yeah, I'm glad at least the story didn't get deleted along with the user account. That might have been traumatic. And we were just gonna get to the good part! Well, hopefully it's all been good, but I like the next chapter.
Life and Love, Lost and Found