Reply to topic The Sims 2 Seasons
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Sims 2 Seasons
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:51 pm
I just watched the preview video of the Sims 2 Seasons, here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep5_videos.php?movieID=1&play=hi

This looks like it could be the most fun expansion pack yet!

It also looks like the only weird voodoo they introduced with this expansion pack is the Wishing Well, a reward object. That's a very good thing, too!

I just might be an Early Acceptor, if not a First Acceptor, for this one! Grin

Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:20 pm
Oh wow!That looks really cool!I was trying to zoom in and spin the view using my mouse.Does anybody else do that? Grin
Weather!Butterflies!Fish!Greenhouses!Round pools!That looks so fun!i want it!But not until somebody's fixed it...

Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:41 pm
<chants I will not be an early adopter of the EP>

Greg, you do not want it until your favorite hacks have been updated. Period.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:50 pm
miros1 wrote:
<chants I will not be an early adopter of the EP>

Greg, you do not want it until your favorite hacks have been updated. Period.

'Tis true! 'Tis true! Must have my hacks!

Re: The Sims 2 Seasons
kelly
Ruler of The Sim Republic
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:11 pm
Greg wrote:

I just got my Seasons today... It, in my opinion, is the best sims ep... I love it!
I actually had trouble w/ this one though... (I NEVER have trouble w/ this game or anything)....
I decided to play in the new neighborhood.. and the fish wouldnt show in the ponds, the snow ans rain wouldnt show...
I was getting pretty mad.. Lol.. I know my graphics card is not listed as compatible, but my game actually looks really good! Almost as good as my desktop, which actually has a really good card...
But ... i just changed neighborhoods, back to ol' Veronaville... and it is working just fine... ? LOL.. just glad is is ok..

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:15 pm
Thinking I wonder if there's a bug in the routines that create a new neighborhood.

Oh well, whatever it is, they'll fix it soon. smile

Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:35 pm
EEK! I didn't realize it was out! LOL

I'm still trying to find time to install PETS!! I've never, EVER been two xpacks behind. shaking

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:05 pm
Gonna leave this one a while.
It took me so long to get game sorted out again after the last disaster (when I installed the EA patches for all the games), in fact I don't think I have all my downloads in yet.
Actually I am still in the alternate universe, haven't played Sims since - erm - whenever it was I installed Second Life.... so it won't hurt the game shop up the road to wait a little longer for my money. (Maybe I can even get it second hand or reduced in a month's time!)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:24 pm
I'm getting kinda worried about installing new stuff. I updated my graphics card drivers (nVidia GEForce 5200) and now my game is already running pretty slow. I think I'm going to need a new graphics card before I can handle any more expansion packs.

The game has also developed an odd quirk since updating the graphics card drivers: Edge scrolling doesn't seem to be working on the right-hand side of the window but it works everywhere else. Thinking

Re: The Sims 2 Seasons
tomssimstuff
Extreme SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:22 pm
kelly wrote:
Greg wrote:

I just got my Seasons today... It, in my opinion, is the best sims ep... I love it!
I actually had trouble w/ this one though... (I NEVER have trouble w/ this game or anything)....
I decided to play in the new neighborhood.. and the fish wouldnt show in the ponds, the snow ans rain wouldnt show...
I was getting pretty mad.. Lol.. I know my graphics card is not listed as compatible, but my game actually looks really good! Almost as good as my desktop, which actually has a really good card...
But ... i just changed neighborhoods, back to ol' Veronaville... and it is working just fine... ? LOL.. just glad is is ok..

What card have you got Kelly, I have seasons now too and I get fish and weather effects in mine. (My card is a Nvidia 7600GS btw)

Peake1981
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:50 pm
I bought Seasons today(3/1/07), but I'm waiting until my new graphics card arrives to put it on.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:01 am
Quote:

What card have you got Kelly, I have seasons now too and I get fish and weather effects in mine. (My card is a Nvidia 7600GS btw)

In my laptop .. it is a HP dv1420us.... got it last year.... It's graphics card, I don't know, just whatever was built into it:)
But it's not Nvidia or Ati or anything like that... My desktop has a good card, and the comparison between them both is nearly the same:)... But everything actually works great now! Just that one new neighborhood Maxis made that I wanted to play in, nothing worked in there, lol.. So I went back to my Sim and Dog in Veronaville and everything is fine.. nice snow, rain, even fish!

Maybe it was just my sim, but I had her fishing, and I'm not sure if it was because she was close to a tree... but she went to recast, and it seemed like the hook got caught and she then fell.. I thought that was soooo funny, because that happened to be like 7 times during 1 fishing trip! embarrassed

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:04 am
Quote:

In my laptop .. it is a HP dv1420us.... got it last year.... It's graphics card, I don't know, just whatever was built into it:)
But it's not Nvidia or Ati or anything like that... My desktop has a good card (what one? I really don't know on that either, we got that back when Sims 2 first came out), and the comparison between them both is nearly the same:)... But everything actually works great now! Just that one new neighborhood Maxis made that I wanted to play in, nothing worked in there, lol.. So I went back to my Sim and Dog in Veronaville and everything is fine.. nice snow, rain, even fish!

Maybe it was just my sim, but I had her fishing, and I'm not sure if it was because she was close to a tree... but she went to recast, and it seemed like the hook got caught and she then fell.. I thought that was soooo funny, because that happened to be like 7 times during 1 fishing trip! embarrassed Everytime I went to cast, my hook got caught in weeds/branches, and my hook would tear off and I'd stumble.. LOL Fishing is fun! Probably won't be able to do much until the baby is bigger, but I've not gotten into tying flies for my husband:) cheers

edit:

I looked it up....
laptop : Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family

desktop: Geforce Nvidia FX 5500 256mb

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:33 am
That's a neat thought! The boys can go fishing together! I really enjoyed going fishing with my brother when we were kids. We liked to paddle a canoe around, too.

Hmm... an nVidia GEForce FX 5500 must be 300 better than a 5200! I don't know 300 what, but at least the number is higher! Grin

kelly
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:23 am
Ya, I didn't really know about cards and stuff back then, so I just bought what was gonna fit and something that was not $$$$.. LOL..

I'd like the laptop to have something better, but I am not gonna mess w/ that, Lol..