Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Star-Crossed
Star-Crossed
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:38 pm
Star-Crossed
Preface

Stay tuned. This post is just a place-holder that might someday become a table of contents.

Dramatis Personnae

Virginia: Virgo, 9 - 2 - 6 - 3 - 4
Capricia: Capricorn, 7 - 4 - 1 - 8 - 5
Gemini: Gemini, 4 - 7 - 8 - 3 - 3
Quarryman: Aquarius, 4 - 4 - 4 - 7 - 6
(Neat - Outgoing - Active - Playful - Nice)

They all have the Family aspiration and the same turn-ons and turn-offs.
Turn-ons: Formal wear, fitness.
Turn-offs: Vampires.
Since none of them is in formal wear, fit, or a vampire, this should be a null factor.

The tale of the Starcrost family grew from our discussions in the Zodiacal Attraction topic about what the heck causes lightning bolts in The Sims 2.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:16 pm
Yay!More story! Grin

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:52 pm
Star-Crossed
Chapter 1: Destiny of Doom

The Starcrost Family
The Starcrost Family: Virginia, Capricia, Gemini, and Quarryman
Spine-Tingling Special Effects: This is another of those tricky mouseover animated thingies.
Move your mouse over the picture to see character info. Don't bother clicking on it.

Thrown together by the wandering winds of fate, the Starcrosts moved into a home together near the city of Marilyn's downtown business district. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time! In the bright light of Monday morning, however, the brilliant decisions they had made on Saturday seemed considerably less lucent.

It happened at Normacon in downtown Marilyn, at a party in the bidding suite for the Minneapolis in '73 Worldcon. The punch bowl was a plastic trash can, and its contents seemed quite benign. Ethanol is like that; in its nearly pure form, it has little flavor to betray its lurking betrayal of cogent thought. Mixed with ice and Gatorade, even more so. That especially holds true when one is already three sheets to the wind, and on that fateful Saturday night, Virginia, Capricia, Gemini, and Quarryman could have counted among them quite a few more than a dozen sheets even before they individually staggered into the retrobid party.

A cozy love seat in the bid suite had seemed quite inviting to Gemini at the time, the greatest part of the invitation being that there was an unoccupied spot and the furniture didn't appear to be moving nearly as much as the walls.

An affable Miplan had placed a glass of ice water on the small table next to his elbow. At least he thought it was ice water, though it did seem to have a little kick to it. Maybe lemonade.

Some indefinable time later, he rested his hand in his lap, only to discover that his lap was already occupied by the head of the most beautiful girl he had even seen in his life. Well, maybe not the most beautiful, but she was really all right, if you like girls, and that was a point about which Gemini held a very strong opinion, though it occurred to him to wonder what she actually looked like.

He lifted a lock of her raven tresses and made the miraculous discovery that she did, indeed, come equipped with a face. A rather nice face, in fact. Quite pleased with his discovery, he pondered what he might with this newly acquired knowledge. Speech seemed like a good idea; he should say something.

"'Scuse me, mad'm," he said carefully, "but 'fore you commence to doin' anything there, haf we been probably innerdoosed?"

"Oh, h'lo," the raven-haired beauty said. "M'name's Jervinya... um... no, that's not it. Virgin. Jinya. Vir-ginia! Yeah, thass it! I wuzzen doin' nething. Jus' tryin' t' sleep."

"Thass a nice name. I'm Gem."

"Gem sowz like a girl name. Hey, wanna git married?"

"Huh. No, I don' think so. Never did that. Don' know how."

"Me neither. Wanna live together?"

"OK."

"Good. Thass wut we'll do." She extended a shapely leg and kicked someone.

Gemini concentrated on following the leg. It took some effort, but with great determination and focus of what little mental acuity remained available to him, he accomplished the nearly overwhelming feat. He was sure it was a very nice-looking leg and that if he were just a little more sober he would certainly enjoy the fact that Virginia's skirt was hiked up almost to her waist. At the end of the treasure trail he found that Virginia's bare foot had collided with the shapely beskirted backside of the other most beautiful woman he had ever seen, a ravishing brunette in a red sweater who at that moment seemed more intent in napping in some guy's lap than ravishing anyone. He realized that he was not alone on the love seat and that, in fact, it was rather cozily crowded by four bodies, one of which was probably his.

"Hey Preesha," Virginia said, "wunna lib wit me an' Gemmie? We're gonna buy a house in Mare-lun so thuh con don't ever end!"

"Sure," Capicia said. "Gotta stinky job anyhow. I'll jus' quit an' move here. Wunna come, Quarry?"

The man whose lap Capricia occupied stirred. "Soun's good t' me. We gonna do it now?"

"Naw, I'm too drunk to do it," Capricia said. "Sides, I'm a virging."

"No, das not righ'," Virginia said. "I'm da virgin. Yore da caprin. And dis is da gem."

"Oh. Yeah. Dass it. Gem, dis is Virjunya, my bes' fren' dat I jus' met. And my udder bes' friend Quarry who's gonna lib wid us."

"I can' lib wid joo," Quarryman protested. "I godda job in Detroit."

Capricia handed her cell phone to him. "So call yer boss an' quit. Das easy!"

"OK."

It was not until Monday morning that they realized that they had all quit their jobs, pooled their meager fortunes, and jointly signed a mortgage on a house just a few blocks from the hotel. In the light of that new dawn they each, individually and severally, wondered, 'What have I dont to my life?'

But the die was cast; and so it happened that upon this tenuous foundation was erected the dismal destiny of these star-crossed fen.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:01 pm
Wren wrote:
Yay!More story! Grin

lol I have no idea where this one is going, but wherever that may be, that's what the story is about!

I just created these characters to test out some theories about whether the zodiac signs have any influence on lighting bolts; and as usual, got interested in them while I was making them. Documenting their adventures in a story seemed the best way to chronicle the events of their little electronic lives.

'How the heck did these four people end up living together?' I wondered. Hence, an implausible but not unlikely back story. Stranger things have happened in fandom!

They all have the same turn-ons: formal wear and glasses. And the same turn-off: vampirism. I figured that was the easiest way to nullify that part of the game in my attempt to sleuth out the underlying causes of lightning bolts.

They barely know each other, having only in common a strong interest in science fiction and an affinity for ethanol. As you can see from the picture, the first few minutes of their sober lives together have not gone very well.

So far, the score is zero bolts, across the board.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:51 pm
How did I know? lol

This promises to be an interesting story. If they can stay off the ethanol.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:00 pm
Sita wrote:
How did I know? lol

This promises to be an interesting story. If they can stay off the ethanol.

I wish I knew how I knew! lol

I was planning to add another Sheba-and-Codi-Jo episode to Anja's story this afternoon, but the Starcrost kids were screaming for attention. Besides, Anja seems happy right where she is. I still might get back to Anja's story this evening.

(Meanwhile, Lucy is really screaming for attention, bein's't'how she's still falling into Boveena Gorge, but she's been doing that for the best part of a year so I'm kind of used to it. Obviously there's no way I'm going let one of my favorite characters splatter all over the rocks at the bottom of the gorge!)

Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 pm
Please pretty please get Lucy back on the ground before she drowns us with sick!Great story start!They all seem nice enough....quite....normal. Grin

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:06 pm
They're as normal as sims can be, which ain't too normal, but what the heck, they're fans!

Their personalities and interests are right out of the box. Just for grins, I added a script to the picture in Chapter 1 so that if you mouse over the picture you see their personalities and who (zodiacally speaking) should be attracted to or repelled by whom.

According to their zodiacal signs:
  • Quarryman (pointy ears) and Capricia (red sweater) ought to have a good thing going between them. Currently, though, no bolts.

• Virginia should be attracted to Quarryman, too, but he is repelled by her.

• Gemini ought to be attracted to Virginia while she is neutral about him.

• Gemini and Quarryman are zodiacally neutral. So are Virginia and Capricia.

Since there are zero lightning bolts at the start, we can conclude that the Zodiac alone is not sufficient to cause bolts.

My current theory is that lightning bolts come from (a) turn-ons and turn-offs, and (b) memories of positive experiences. Zodiacal signs and personality levels might not play a direct role here.

That makes sense. All the turn-ons and turn-offs are things you can observe about another person through either sight or smell. Personalities and interests are secondary; if they play a role it's because they affect whether the characters have positive experiences.

I supect that in the game the Zodiac is nothing more than a convenient shorthand for distributing standard personality points. From what I've read in the conversations among the hackers and modders, none of the code regarding interactions between sims checks the other person's personality or sign.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:43 pm
Wren wrote:
Please pretty please get Lucy back on the ground before she drowns us with sick!Great story start!They all seem nice enough....quite....normal. Grin

Um, we've already agreed... no illustrations of the sickness!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:40 pm
Eeeeuuuuwwwww! No, we won't have Lucy upchucking her gorge into the gorge. That much I'll promise!

Star-Crossed