Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Nightlife Anomalies
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Nightlife Anomalies
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:42 pm
Is The Hub Broke?

For my first adventure in Nightlife I moved Jason and Jodie Larson into a house and had 'em take a taxi to The Hub.

When they got there, the game was locked in a loop where the gizmo that populates community lots was failing.

Then the game ran three-times-normal speed no matter what I did. I had 'em call a cab to bail out and when they got home game speed was back to normal.

Added: This also happened at the Crypt O' Night Club. The common elements between The Hub and the Crypt O' Night Club appear to be the Electro Dance Sphere and the DJ Booth. That might be a clue.

No Family Kiss?

Jason and Jodie are brother and sister but they don't have an option for Family Kiss. Did one of these expansion packs remove that option from the game?

Invite From a Stranger?

Jason got a call from Katelyn Desperet, whom neither he nor I had ever heard of. She invited him to go downtown. I had him go. When the taxi got there, half a dozen other sims got out of it with Jason. They had a nice dinner at some Botannical Whosis restaurant, but I don't understand the bit about a complete stranger inviting a sim to go downtown.

No Dancing?

Sims can't dance with each other even when there's music. I supect it's one of JMP's hacks causing this.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:22 pm
No, Family Kiss is still in my game with all EPs.

That was wierd at the Downtown locations. Maybe a conflicting hack? Again, it's not something that ever happened to me.

The Invite from a stranger - yes - this is a group invite. It isn't made clear and you might even find someone in the group that you can't stand.
Re: Nightlife Anomalies
LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 pm
I think that's a bug where the game would run in ultrafast, if you're using base nightlife it's been patched since.

Invite: Just because YOU have never heard of them doesn't mean they weren't on a lot with your sim at some point. You tell me, have stranger things happened? razz
Re: Nightlife Anomalies
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:07 pm
LooseChanj wrote:
I think that's a bug where the game would run in ultrafast, if you're using base nightlife it's been patched since.

Invite: Just because YOU have never heard of them doesn't mean they weren't on a lot with your sim at some point. You tell me, have stranger things happened? razz

I suspect that the invite is programmed to get your new sims out of the house so that they'll meet people.

I've installed all the patches. The fast mode bug must be coming from a hack.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:09 pm
Sita wrote:
No, Family Kiss is still in my game with all EPs.

That was wierd at the Downtown locations. Maybe a conflicting hack? Again, it's not something that ever happened to me.

The Invite from a stranger - yes - this is a group invite. It isn't made clear and you might even find someone in the group that you can't stand.

Yeah, no dancing (except solo and smustle) and no family kiss. It's gotta be one of the kleptohacks. I'm going through my Downloads folder with a microscope.

Added: The game ran normally during the dinner outing with the strangers.

Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:27 pm
cheers You reinstalled Nightlife!! Yay for you!!

I've never had the ultraspeed issue *knocks wood*.
I do still have the Family kiss option.
I agree about the invite. I think its to get the sim to the Downtown area and mingle. I usually am too busy skilling when I first move my sims in. LOL

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:58 pm
My sim actually had quite a nice time on that outing with the strangers so I kind of like that feature.

[Memo to me] I've gone through page 6 of Squinge's hacks. It must be time for another test. I want to pull out all the hacks and see if I still get the same result.

Added: The first attempt didn't go so well. The game hit an error in the gizmo that populates lots when it tried to load the cryptowhosis restaurant. I selected "Delete" and then 15 minutes later, the game was still trying to load.

I edited my startup.cheat file and removed the line about enabling the testing cheats so if I get that error, I won't have a stream of error messages.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:03 pm
Hey, what's the latest wisdom about a nude patch compatible with OFB? I noticed I still have "intprop censorgridsize 0" in my startup.cheat file, and I think that's way out of date.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:06 pm
You need Quaxi's Null Shader from MTS2. The gridsize cheat doesn't work anymore. The game has been sanitized for your protection, lol!

I think we told you this about eleventy-leven times too!

Correction, it's on the SimPE site: http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/sims2/how-to-remove-the-censor-blur-from-my-sims

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:03 am
Thanks, Rose! I probably got that, but I don't know if I have the latest version, and I couldn't find the bally thing!

I'm happy to report that with zero global hacks installed, Jodie can finally kiss her beloved brother Jason!

Jodie Larson waited a long time to kiss her brother!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 am
The bad news is that even with the hacks removed, a downtown lot still gets hung up while trying to load.

So far I've had:
1. High-speed visit to The Hub (started with many failures of lot populator, which I canceled)
2. Normal visit to the Botannical Restaurant
3. High-speed visit to Crypt O' Night Club (where Jason got engaged!)
4. Crypt O' Night Club hung up during loading (hit delete instead of cancel when lot populator got errors)
5. The Hub hung up during loading (with testing cheats off)

So... I think there was something wrong with the lot populator, or maybe it got corrupted by a hack.

I'll try looking at the error logs to see if I can figure out what happened, but I suspect I'll have to start all over from scratch and try reinstalling once again. Déjà vu.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:07 am
... or not. It took about 15 minutes, but The Hub finally loaded!

And when it did, Jason and Jodie were totally wiped out! It was Tuesday night when they took the taxi there. Now it's Sunday at 2:27 in the afternoon! But sheer dumb luck, I had dropped one of Danny's things there so I was able to refresh them before they died.

The lot is still running at fast speed. And there are no other sims in sight.

But at least Jason and Jodie can dance together!

So I know:
a. Hacks are causing the anomalies with the family kiss and dancing.
b. Something else is causing the high-speed downtown lot phenomenon.
c. Something is wrong with the routine that populates downtown lots.

Darn. I was hoping this thing would work this time. very sad

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:44 am
Incidentally, this was my solution to what to do with the gypsy:

Jason Larson proposes to Hailey Thompson
Hailey underwent a minor makeover before this.

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:55 am
shocked Wow!

What a royal pain-in-the-backside!

Are you sure about a hack causing all this? I admitt it seems most likely, but I've got zillions (okay, maybe slightly less) mods/hacks installed- many of them global- and have never expirianced any of the problems that you listed here. (Quick! Where's my wood to knock on.... )

Of corse I'm running on all EPs + Pets (my hacks are all Pet-compatible) so maybe that has something to do with it??? (I'm just grasping at straws here! )

Hmmmm.....maybe I could get a list together of the different mods/hacks I'm currently running in my game, so you could do some compairing, at least of the not Pets-only ones?? (Again, I'm still grasping at those straws.... )

-ZW

PS I've got a "no censor blur" dohicky for Pets (works just peachy) but then again I'm just using the defualt Ken & Barbie look- not any custum nude skins- so I'm not sure what difference that might/might not make....

PPS I know this is a bit off subject but I'm curious: What is a "startup cheat file" if you don't mind me asking?

PPPS I love your way of dealing with that gypsy! Gives her an actuall purpose now!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:25 am
Greg, post the top bit of the error log(s). I've gotten fairly good at reading them due to hanging out at MATY.

Zirconia, startup.cheat is a file that you can type cheats in that you want to be always effective in your game.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Nightlife Anomalies