http://www.thesims2.ea.com/update

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:25 pm
... pess pash potted...

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:24 pm
...with no guidance whatsoever as to which to use. Do I go for the latest one? Go for the ones for all the EPs that I haven't patched so far? (all of them?) stick a pin in the list?

erk
LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:42 pm
I don't see sinking pets mentioned anywhere in the changes!!! bandhead angry5 angry4 hmph bandhead angry9 angry7
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:28 pm
Sita wrote:
...with no guidance whatsoever as to which to use. Do I go for the latest one? Go for the ones for all the EPs that I haven't patched so far? (all of them?) stick a pin in the list?

erk

Erm....I dunno.....I've never had to install a patch before. I was just gonna d/l the Pets CD patch.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:08 pm
Sita wrote:

erk

The patches check to see if they have been installed and the folks over at Insim said that it doesn't matter what order you install them, so I'd recommend getting the full set and see if they'll install.

It looks like if you installed Pots... Ports... Pests... erm... that one... from the CD, you get the CD version. If you downloaded it, you use the downloaded version.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:28 pm
ok backed up, gonna try em all. Cross fingers!
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 pm
I am happy with the way my game is running now (except my E drive is filling up; will have to do something about that), so I'm not going to be an early adopter on this patch.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:54 am
miros1 wrote:
I am happy with the way my game is running now (except my E drive is filling up; will have to do something about that), so I'm not going to be an early adopter on this patch.

Yeah, I'm with you miros 1.

My game is running just spiffy (well, spiffy enough for me) right now with my rather extensive collection of 3rd party hacks & mods, so I think I'm gonna "not rock the boat" right now, so to speak.

This is mostly because I'm almost sure it's gonna conflict with at least some of my non Pets related hacks, & I'm just not in the mood (too lazy) to deal with all that righ now!

It IS nice to see they finally got an Offical Patch released, however! This will be great for the people who are leary of 3rd party mods. (Of corse Seasons comes out shortly so their nirvana will likely be short lived! geek )

-ZW

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:10 am
Well I do have a few issues, just little niggles, and they were all on those lists. I didn't have ANY patches installed so am gonna try....

Have installed all the patches for my game, which is all the ones they provide there = oddly, the OFB patch said my game was up to date and didn't need patching.

Now to try it out. If we are running true to EA history, it shouldn't take long to confirm that my game's now broken... remembering the patch fiascos with Sims 1. (I got to the point with Sims 1 where I didn't install ANY patches or objects made by EA/Maxis because they all seemed to have bugs... those blasted Queen Vivanco Roses, the Hula lamp.... ugh I know they seemed to work for other people. I'm just lucky I guess.)
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:59 am
ok = broken. Crashed and stuck.

Bah.

I wonder if I should do a reinstall and add in each individual patch as I go along?
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Sita wrote:

Now to try it out. If we are running true to EA history, it shouldn't take long to confirm that my game's now broken... remembering the patch fiascos with Sims 1. (I got to the point with Sims 1 where I didn't install ANY patches or objects made by EA/Maxis because they all seemed to have bugs... those blasted Queen Vivanco Roses, the Hula lamp.... ugh I know they seemed to work for other people. I'm just lucky I guess.)

This is why I've not d/l any patches from Maxis. I guess I'll install Pets and play it a bit before I decide if I actually need to patch.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Omigoodness. The conventional wisdom I've seen is "gotta patch that puppy!"

On the other hand, it was the first patch from EA that caused The Bomb That Wiped Out Happy Valley, so maybe that convention isn't so wise.

Sita, could it be a conflict between a patch and perhaps a fan-created mod that was supposed to fix something that was fixed in the patch, resulting in the fan mod unfixing whatever was fixed?

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 pm
I think, maybe I should install the patch. I remember, the first Hot Date patch that broke the Visitor bit and Bill Simser eating crow claiming that it was somehow his fault because his software set that bit to visitor enable custom content. It sure as heck wasn't his fault! The Maxis objects were broken too.

I'll patch after I've been assured it fixes more stuff than it breaks and that it fixes stuff that I've been told hacks can't fix.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:37 pm
moros 1 wrote:
I'll patch after I've been assured it fixes more stuff than it breaks and that it fixes stuff that I've been told hacks can't fix.

Ah yes, the classic gamer's quandry : To patch, or not to patch? That is the question!

(Better know as "will it screw my game up even more or not" ! )

Just out of curiousity, what kinds of problems are people encountering with Pets that (so far) can't be corrected with the user hacks available?

-ZW[/i]