Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Playable v.s. UnPlayable Uni Sims????
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:02 am
miros1 wrote:
But do the cheats actually fulfill the "So-and-so goes to college" want? That and being involved with my playable are the two major reasons I wnt to age up a Townie teen.

B'b'but... if you want a townie teen to go to college, you can just go to the college screen and send 'em.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:02 am
In my game, not all the Townie teens show up in that dialog. The probability is approximately proportional to how much I want them available (meaning the one I want just ain't there). I think it's a Pets bug.

I also like the cool transformation thingie and watching the aspiration points float over their heads. Yes, I like to invite them on dates and lock down that "Go to College" want!

I also use the "Teen Move In" cheat also from MATY, don't remember which creator. This lets the teen boy-or-girlfriend move in with the family and get a few scholarship dollars before college. Many of them will have 6 or higher in a skill, plus the Orphan award, which makes for a better contribution to the college household. At that point, they can call the Taxi and go to college like normal Sims.

I should make a Foster family that has no purpose but to grind out college ready ex-Townie teens.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 pm
Sita wrote:
ZW - I'm dyslexic too. I have a web page where I copy the cheats from word for word and paste them into the cheat box! That works most of the time.

Ohmygosh what an AWESOME idea! I never even thought of that! As I am (currently) still in the planning stages of 2 distinct WebSites (one for my Sims stuff & one for my self-employed needs) this would be an excellent thing to incorporate into one of them! Thankyou for the tip!

miros 1 wrote:
But do the cheats actually fulfill the "So-and-so goes to college" want? That and being involved with my playable are the two major reasons I wnt to age up a Townie teen.

That's a main source of "Cheat Frustration" for me too. It seems silly to have a Sim do something that doesn't really count as having been done. This is perticularly annoying regarding the whole Public/Private School thing; none of the hacks I've tried that promise easy or instant Private School admittance do anything to satisy the Teen-in-question's "Get into Private School" want! (That whole "Head Master" thing is a real pain-in-the-rear! )

-ZW

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:48 pm
Zirconia Wolf wrote:
Sita wrote:
ZW - I'm dyslexic too. I have a web page where I copy the cheats from word for word and paste them into the cheat box! That works most of the time.

Ohmygosh what an AWESOME idea! I never even thought of that! As I am (currently) still in the planning stages of 2 distinct WebSites (one for my Sims stuff & one for my self-employed needs) this would be an excellent thing to incorporate into one of them! Thankyou for the tip!

You could always do it in a word doc or a text file, if you don't have a web page set up. wink

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:04 pm
http://www.simechoes.org/sims2/cheats/sims2cheats.html and the pages that hang from it.

I try to put each cheat in, in the exact format\syntax it will be typed (or copied) in - and it's not my idea. I picked it up when working with techy computer people....
miros1
Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Zirconia Wolf wrote:
none of the hacks I've tried that promise easy or instant Private School admittance do anything to satisy the Teen-in-question's "Get into Private School" want! (That whole "Head Master" thing is a real pain-in-the-rear! )

Have you tried the "Private School Legacy" hack? A Sim who is in or has gone to Private School calls the school and asks them to admit his sibling/child/etc. I think it satisfies the want, but it's been a while. Maybe I'll have one of the twins quit and sign them up again...

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 pm
Sounds worth a shot!

Where can I find the "Legacy" hack???

-ZW

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:58 pm
It's called the "Call Private School" hack at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3113.0.html

miros1
Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:59 am
miros1 wrote:
Another neat hack from MATY -- "Ask to Grow Up." This doesn't work too well to make Dormies into adult Townies, but it works great to make Townie teens into Dormies! They get a little "grow up" ritual and it even satisfies the "So-and-so comes to college" Want. You can also keep childhood friends the same age as your playables. Haven't used it to kill an elderly Townie yet tho.

Grow Up is now fixed. Just don't use it on community lots until syberspunk and I have hammered out what's freaky there. Well, that's what the Grow Up 'hood is for...

Playable v.s. UnPlayable Uni Sims????