Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Re-Coloring Objects??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:48 pm
"Front Page Extensions" is actually a server package. It just gives you nice little cheats for things like Date and Time handling. You can do most of that stuff client side through JavaScript, but some people (scroll up to read who) have to have their little crutches even through it weakens server security.

It really doesn't have much to do with Front Page at all, except that Front Page will use Front Page Extensions if you tell it that they're available on the site you're working on.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:15 pm
miros1 wrote:
"Front Page Extensions" is actually a server package.

miros1 wrote:
It really doesn't have much to do with Front Page at all, except that Front Page will use Front Page Extensions if you tell it that they're available on the site you're working on.

Okay, good! That's one less thing for me to worry about, as I (personaly) can see no reason that I would ever need the "Extensions" installed.

One more quick question: I notice there was a requirment regarding "original" download material. What exactly does this mean? So far, I've just been tweaking/re-coloring the Maxis defaults. I have yet to make anything 100% original. If I don't have anything 100% "made by me" will I still be able to (eventually) have my Sim-site hosted by SimsHost?

(I've got some "big plans" as fas as 100% original stuff goes, but don't yet know if I'll be able to pull them off. )

-ZW

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:34 pm
Recolors are fine! I can't mesh yet either, and my hacking skills are limited to stuff like making things available for groups of Sims that are normally disallowed...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Re-Coloring Objects??