Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Windows Problem
Windows Problem
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:24 am
Hi!My game has gone spazmo again.This time when I'm building a house and put the windows in,they let no light through even if I have the biggest windows all the way around the room.Some windows work but I can't pinpoint which ones because the next day they don't work.Raised foundations seem to be the trigger for dodgy windows.Haven't checked my other hoods for damage,just this custom one.Please help!I love building houses! bandhead

Me head hurts!I should really stop smasing it against walls... blackeye
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:31 pm
Curiouser and curiouser...

That might happen if something went awry with your lighting control file thingie, but if that were it, it ought to be universal.

Obvious question: Do you have any lighting mods installed?

Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:39 pm
Nope,no light mods.I've looked in game settings and set it to high,then low and high again.Made no difference.The sims just gets more confusing... help
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:57 pm
Another possibility comes to mind: If you have move_objects turned on when you install the windows, that can sometimes yield odd results.

It might help to execute 'move_objects off' just to make sure it's off. Also make sure you have 'boolprop snapobjectstogrid true' and 'boolprop constrainfloorelevation true'. Then twiddle with the windows to make sure they snap in place correctly.

When you're in Build or Buy mode, if the windows disappear leaving blank holes in your walls, switch to the other mode and then back again. That usually fixes it.

Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 am
Hmm...the problem seemed to go away when I moved my sim from a custom neighbourhood template to a maxis one.The game seems to hate custom windows to.Eh,doesn't matter,I only really use maxis ones.
If your wondering whose house was plunged into darkness it was my new sim,Peppa Crowley.

Peppa Crowley,Warlokk's worshipper.Very glad her house is light again,her sunglasses make it look dark though. cool
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:20 am
Does she have a brother named Alistair?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 am
miros1 wrote:
Does she have a brother named Alistair?

Lol,no she doesn't.I was thinking of a good second name and it was the first thing that popped in my head.I did nearly give her a boyfriend called Alistair but thought she looked better single.Which means she is on the loose with nobody to tie her down!I dread to think what could happen if she met Mr.Lothario in Pleasantview... wink
Windows Problem