Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Glamour Life Glitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:01 am
miros1 wrote:
Oh heck!

Where'd you get that chair so the rest of us can avoid it?

MTS2,it's that dining chair by Helaene.I don't know if anyone else has had trouble with it.Everything else by Helaene works fine.
Oh yeah,I have to start the game up twice to get it to run.Odd that. confused
<also chants I will not be a early adopter of Seasons>

Although I was thinking about getting Pets this week...

Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:45 am
Friends don't let friends patch Pets.

Seriously, if you do get Pets, just get the MATY hacks to fix most of the bugs, including almost all of the ones the patch fixes. The ones introduced by The Patch don't seem to be fixable by hacks!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:41 pm
Sita wrote:
Well, one answer to that would be to install the next EP so you can use the new disk to drive your game....

But my Pets disk rattles like mad razz waiting impatiently for Seasons.

I'm wondering if I were to uninstall Glamour Life and Open For Business, and then reinstall them in reverse order, if I could use the OFB disk to start the game. Thinking

Maybe I should put off Pets until August.

miros1
Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:12 am
I think you have to use the disk for the last expansion released, so you'd have to use GL anyhow.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:30 pm
miros1 wrote:
I think you have to use the disk for the last expansion released, so you'd have to use GL anyhow.

Darn. Oh well... it was a thought.

miros1
Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:13 pm
Some of the Maty inhabitants are playing "hybrid" games -- by just copying the objects.package out of the patch, they get most of the fixes and few of the new bugs!

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:48 am
You know that Pets patch was supposed to fix pets disappearing into the floor? Well that was a bug I never SAW until I installed the patch. Now yesterday I saw it twice. On entering a lot, the cats were submerged deeply in the carpet. Just until they started to move around. Then they were back on top again. Where cats belong Grin

My game is complicated enough without trying to play hybrid games. But why, oh why, can't EA make anything that WORKS out of the box?
LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 am
Sita wrote:
You know that Pets patch was supposed to fix pets disappearing into the floor?

It was? I didn't see that in the list of things it fixed.
kelly
Ruler of The Sim Republic
Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:36 am
Why does everyone have issues w/ EP's & Pack?! LOL.. I can honestly say, I have them all and no issues.. Is it because of hacked items or something? If so, I don't use any such thing.. So maybe that is why.. I'm always surprised to hear problems.. Lol.. The only problem I've had, is that whenever I first install all of the games, I have to restart it like 4 times to enable custom content.. LOL. And I thought that was annoying! geek

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:56 am
kelly wrote:
Why does everyone have issues w/ EP's & Pack?! LOL.. I can honestly say, I have them all and no issues.. Is it because of hacked items or something? If so, I don't use any such thing.. So maybe that is why.. I'm always surprised to hear problems.. Lol.. The only problem I've had, is that whenever I first install all of the games, I have to restart it like 4 times to enable custom content.. LOL. And I thought that was annoying! geek

So it's NOT just me! Woohoo! Seriously, I was really freaked out about getting Sims 2 at all after reading all the "this game sucks" posts, especially since I was only installing it so I could play the "evil" Pets EP. I spent the first several days barley playing, just sort of waiting for the Big Bad Blast From Space to happen.....which it never has.

As for hacks, I have many but no LOT or FAMILY packages have EVER been installed in my game. I really think thats were 99.9% of the "problems" are comming from....that, and people who hack/re-write the heck out of the game to the point were it isn't even the same game anymore! (Is it really fair to blame Maxis & EA after you've done a complete overhauling of the game's core programing which caused your hybrid game to crash? ) I'm also rather picky about the people who's hacks/items I choose to install in the first place.

Of corse there also the issue of people who hate certain things (like animals) installing certain EPs (like Pets) who promptly flood the message boards with "I-can't-stand-all-these-animal-features" rants. Never having been tempted to buy let alone actually install a game I new I would never enjoy, this syndrom has always puzzled me!

-ZW

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:45 pm
I haven't had much trouble with the EPs apart from that weird Glamour Life thing that you have to start up the game twice.I'm still a bit catious about getting Pets though.My computer is allergic to animals.

Ruler of The Sim Republic
Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:07 pm
I think the only thing I've, I guess you can say, tampered with.. has been my Sims skill points in SimPE... I just don't want to get them all their cooking, etc. points myself... Too many burned down kitchens.. shocked

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:21 pm
Lol,I love that smiley. shocked
I tamper with the skill points to.My sims burn cereal if I don't. Grin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:05 pm
Lol, I use the Skillinator from MATY. I also don't give them a stove or microwave until they can use it safely.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 pm
I've wondered that same thing, Kelly. I suspect that the difference is in your style of game play, whatever it is. You might not be triggering the bugs that others encounter. I've read a lot of notes about bugs I've never seen.

Most of the hacks I have installed are there because they change features of the game that I just can't stand (like "fury") but if you like the game the way Maxis programmed it, then it's best to leave it alone.

Glamour Life Glitch