Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Sims Life Stories
Sims Life Stories
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:18 pm
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sims_stories/index.php

Just wondering if anyone's got an opinion on this new series of games coming out. Sounds neat. I like the idea of there being an actual plot to work through. That was the only thing I really liked about the console games, and I was hoping for something to be added to Sims 2 that was similar; this is also why I really enjoy challenges and writing stories about my Sims. Instead, looks like they're gonna do that with this. Laptop friendly (though I never had a problem runnings Sims 2 on my laptop), standalone games...which of course means Maxis gets to come up with a whole new set of bugs for hackers to fix. razz

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:45 pm
I haven't heard much (yet) about Sims Stories.

While I have to admit that the "wants/fears/aspirations" was a MUCH needed (and enjoyable) boost to the Sims world, I'm not so sure that I (personally) would like a more hard-wired plot to follow. I'm rather enjoying comming up with my own stories, even if they're not quite what Maxis intended! cool

That being said, I'm sure Sims Stories will have a strong following. (Alot of people like/want/need a set beginging, middle & end to make their games fun I've noticed. I'm just not one of them! )

-ZW

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:20 pm
Well, it appears there will be a sandbox mode as well, so looks like it will be something for everyone. I'm expecting a "Sims Lite" from this. Of course, I will be buying it when it comes out because I'm just that way. razz

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 pm
I agree with Zirconia!

No, I probably won't buy them. Too much other stuff to spend money and time on!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 pm
I have no idea what to expect. They say that it won't require a video card so I'd expect that it will the graphics will be less impressive.

Having canned scenarios to play doesn't get me excited. Maxis has demonstrated that they make really fun toys but they totally suck at designing games.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:58 pm
Yeah, "The game doesn't require a video card"; hee hee!

Must be like Zork II then. *8)

Quote:

>Gerry, play piano

Gerry is too bored and miserable to play the piano

Gerry waves his arms annoyingly above his head and makes sad faces
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:03 am
Well, you guys know me...

I bought it and played around with it a little while over the past few days. Just playing Riley's story at the moment; that's the only story that's unlocked at the beginning. Vincent's story is unlocked after progressing a bit in Riley's. It's pretty neat. It combines most of the best elements from Sims 2 and its expansions. It runs flawlessly on my older laptop (just bought a brand new one a matter of hours ago!) The only thing is, the eye candy isn't as impressive. I'm not sure if this is a universal thing with the game yet or not, but the ONLY resolution available was 800x600, and when you finally managed to force the game into full-screen mode (it automatically defaults to windowed mode, which I cannot stand playing in) it is very pixellated. But if you can look past that, it has a lot of elements akin to Sims 2 and expansions, including chemistry, lifetime wants, and a few new elements, such as generational wants which can take several generations to complete. Only thing I can see is that it doesn't appear to have a storybook mode, so you can't create photo albums and share stories online. But then again, I haven't played the sandbox mode yet, just Riley's story, so it may be slightly different there. But it's pretty cool, kind of gives Sims 2 a new twist if you're into completing pre-set goals.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:16 am
Either there's a shortcut for cameraman mode or it's unlocked during one of the stories. Will look it up for you tomorrow.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sims Life Stories