Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Wiiii! :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Wiiii! :)
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:39 pm
Yes, I was one of the losers waiting in line outside Gamestop last night for my shiny new Nintendo Wii. Lee was waiting with me, as he no longer works there and wound up having to take his off reserve in order to get the money back. We're gonna share custody of it...he's gonna keep it while I'm on the road and I get to have supervised visitation every other weekend. lol I didn't want to take it in my truck as there's a very good chance it could get seriously messed up, but that's ok as I have gone completely overboard with purchasing Playstation 2 games lately and I have Final Fantasy XII and Bully (among other games) to keep me occupied for quite a while. I've been looking forward to the Wii for a while but I didn't play it last night, only set it up, and I'm about to give it a try with the included sports game (don't feel like tackling the new Zelda just yet!)

Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:13 pm
Let us know how it goes! I'm not in the market for a new console game, hubby is still happy with his PS2, but I am curious.

Re: Wiiii! :)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:10 pm
Kaylyn wrote:
...I get to have supervised visitation every other weekend...

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Things must be getting serious with Lee if you're adopting video game consoles together! If your experience was anything like I heard about on the news, that must have been pretty close to a childbirth vigil in the maternity ward! lol

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Fortunately, you weren't in Connecticutt with the muggers...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 am
I frecuent a videogame board and it got filled with personal attacks and even death treaths to a reviewer that gave the game of Zelda in Wii a socre of 8.8/10 because "it was too low" fanboys are something unique.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:36 pm
Cool!! That is fun to get new stuff like that!

We just got my son the xbox 360 for Christmas, we of course had to 'test' it out;) I can't wait til Christmas to play it too:)

We didn't get too many games... He is really into Star Wars and just loved Lego Star Wars I.. so we got him II... and we got Tiger Woods 2007 (mostly for my husband)... and WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007, and Test Drive Unlimited..
We have other xbox games, so I think they work on there too...

Waiting in line for that Wii isn't bad.. Just think of all the people on ebay WAY overpaying for that and the ps3:) LOL...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:56 pm
Sony's saying they're going to ship more before Christmas, so the price is temporarily down. I can just see the people waiting for the next shipment and not getting one, so the resulting frenzy will be even bigger.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:21 pm
My daughter and I sat up clicking "reload" from 3am to 4:30am on Amazon's Wii page Sunday morning, in expectation of a midnight-PST release. Turns out they didn't actually make them available until eight hours later! But by amazing good fortune my wife hit "reload" at just the right time, and we're expecting one to arrive shortly. My daughter plans to spend all her free time on Txgiving Break playing the new Zelda (she's a great fan of the franchise)...
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:40 pm
My impressions, now that I've had a chance to play...

This console is so much fun! I really love the novelty of the motion controller. The console came with Wii Sports which includes very basic baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, and boxing games. My right shoulder was actually very sore the next day from overexertion! My favorite of the sports games is bowling, followed by golf and tennis. Lee tells me baseball and boxing are much more fun with two people playing, so I guess I need to buy an extra controller if I can find one so the two of us can play.

As for Zelda, it's pretty neat! Best graphics in a Zelda game to date. The gameplay is almost identical to the Gamecube version (which will be released this December, or so they say...they've been putting it off for around two years now) except it makes use of the nifty controller. You still use the control stick that is on the secondary controller (left hand for me) to walk around. Swordplay is accomplished by actually swinging the remote (main controller) like a sword. You can use different buttons in combination with the motion for different types of attacks, and to do the spin attack you shake the secondary controller. To use boomerangs and slingshots you point and click at the screen. To fish you pretty much pretend you're tossing out a real fishing line, and when you get a nibble you pull back and hold the remote straight up, or later on with the better fishing pole you'll actually use the secondary controller to make a reeling motion as you pull back with the remote.

The motion thing is really innovative and really makes the console stand out. I do plan on getting a PS3 one of these days, but I will probably wait until Final Fantasy XIII is released and the price hopefully goes down a little bit. I've got plenty to keep me occupied until then!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:16 pm
Way cool!

Do they have a version of the controls that doesn't require making major motions?

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:48 pm
They have a classic controller but I think that may be for playing Gamecube games on the Wii. I'm not sure if it will work on Wii games that use the motion controller or not. I'll have to check into that.

But what's the fun in that? razz

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:54 pm
Oh, I was thinking there might be folks who'd like to play Zelda who for any number of reasons can't wave their arms around.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:58 am
That's a big reason why the Gamecube isn't going completely away anytime soon...you can also play Gamecube games on the Wii and use your old Gamecube controller or a special one you can buy for the Wii. I don't know how that would work for Wii-only games, though.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:07 pm
I was just thinking that it's probably a moot point for my son. He's out of his chair half the time even playing Gamecube games! lol

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:21 pm
I bet he'd love it...and it's half the price of the new Playstation... wink

Wiiii! :)