Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Interesting Weather
Interesting Weather
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:51 pm
Just a few days after weather knocked out our Internet connection for more than 24 hours, we had several bands of window-rattling thunderstorms roll through that knocked out our power for several hours today! shocked

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:49 pm
blob6 In my city weather is horrible hot. My room has thick curtains, and when I looked out of the window the sun hurt my eyes! I felt like a vampire. It's so hot in here that I actually get dizzy from it sometimes and the fan does nothing but provide hot air (and my A/C broke down), I wonder what the temperature is.

Normally the temperature is high here, but in the last two weeks it has been even higher and then we got some sort of ground shaking (I've heard that when it gets really hot it's because one of those will happen).

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:16 pm
Drink water! If you feel shaky, get one of those sports drinks like Gatorade because your electrolytes might be out of balance.

Buffalo had two feet of snow at the end of last week and they're still cleaning up the mess. Not the snow... the broken trees and power lines! Apparently, because the leaves were still on the trees, they held more snow and the weight of the extra snow broke a lot of branches, which took down power lines. In one picture I saw of the cleanup, there was bare ground in the background! They're very worried about flooding from the snow melt.

Now the funny part... the Friday night weather map shows the worst of the snow in a line diagonally across the city from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario. The southern edge of the storm basically followed the county line... I'm so glad to live in the next county south!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:10 pm
I think one of the best things about being a sim would be that they don't have to put up with weather! The power never fails. The net is always up. And the only use for an air conditioner is to download Kelly's decorative item from The Sim Republic. (Thanks to Kelly, I've been building a lot of utility rooms lately!)

I was watching the stories about Buffalo on the Weather Channel. An early lake-effect snow storm must be especially bad because this early in the year it's likely to warm up suddenly when a warm front blows through from the south, resulting in all that wretched flooding.

Down here on the Gulf Coast, extreme weather is really the norm. It's what we get for living in an area that's constantly bombarded by the conflict between the subtropical waters to the south and cold fronts coming down across the land from the north.

It's really worse up north around Dallas and then on up into Oklahoma. By the time a front from the south gets up there it has dropped enough moisture that it can get into a serious disagreement with the arctic winds. We tend to have F1 tornados on the Gulf Coast but up there F4 and F5 tornados happen almost every year.

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am
heh... the day after I posted complaining about heat we got hit by a really strong windy rain, with tons of lightings. Some trees were taken down by that, and even some walls. Now the weather is at a very nice temperature.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:55 pm
It's been pretty wild here, too. Yesterday was warm and humid (hot and muggy by anybody else's standards) but some time today they're predicting that the temperature will drop by between 10 and 20 degrees.

Summer does not leave calmly down here in the swamp. It fights its demise every step of the way!

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:57 pm
Buffalo would be happy to ship you some snow and broken trees!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Snow, we could use! Broken trees, we have in abundance! lol

sims2addict
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:58 pm
Luckily, we dont get big hail balls here....or proper severe weathering..but it has been reported that slight severe weathering such as tornadoes have hit england...RRR! I cant wait for summer again!
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:27 pm
Quote:
I cant wait for summer again!

I'll second that one! wink

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Gee, I was just looking forward to winter so that the furshlugginer air conditioner will shot off and the power bills won't look like mortgage payments. confused

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:21 pm
Well, I'm facing that with winter coming here, my bills will be very high.

nanci2121
Interesting Weather