Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: Silk Mystery Shirt & Undies
:dl: Silk Mystery Shirt & Undies
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 pm
Silk Mystery Shirt & Undies

Chen Mei thinks the characters on her shirt mean "lucky woman."
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download Chen Mei's top. 208 KB.
This garment is a top, but it includes the undies shown. The panties might show depending on what bottom your sim is wearing with the top. Here, Mei is not wearing any bottom at all. (This is not uncommon in the Meat Market.)
The garment also includes the red fingernail polish and necklace shown. It uses a default-size mesh from the game so no additional mesh is required. Your sim might be a bit less shapely--or more shapely--than Chen Mei depending on whether you have a custom mesh installed that overrides the Maxis default.
Scroll down to find the download link for Mei's undies; they're a separate garment.

This is Chen Mei. She lives in an unlikely town commonly known as the Meat Market. Chen Mei is very pround of her heritage, though she is a third-generation American born in San Fransisco, insists that Chinese food is a Big Mac, and is in fact only one-quarter Chinese.

Despite her mostly European anscestry, Chen Mei* was able to play up her exotic beauty to the point that all the guys in town wanted to add her notch to their bedposts. In the process of this, she was able to catch up with and quickly surpass the scorecard of her best friend, Paige Warwick.

Knowing her affinity for Chinese things, while on a cruise around the Ring of Fire, her soon-to-be-ex-best friend, Paige, picked up this clingy silk shirt as a gift for Chen Mei. Paige told her that the Mandarin symbol on the shirt mean "lucky woman."

Paige lied.

This does not mean "lucky woman."

Mei likes the mysterious Mandarin symbol so much that she is planning to have it tatooed on her tailbone. Paige Warwick, who really isn't all that fond of Chen Mei, told her that it would be so perfect for her that she really ought to do it.

Chen Mei's Undies

Chen Mei loves her new shirt. It's very clingy, very thin silk. If fact, it's so thin and so clingy that under bright light (and if you have bump maps enabled in your game) it's very easy to see that she wears a half-bra underneath it.

In harsh lighting, you can see Chen Mei's bra through her shirt.
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download Chen Mei's undies. About 60 KB.
This garment is undies, with the black lace panties you see here and a matching half bra.
Caution: Anatomically detailed sims might peek out a bit.

----------
*Her real name is May Chumlowski and her mother bears a striking resemblance to Elke Sommers.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:51 am
...so what DOES it mean? lol

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:55 am
Liss wrote:
...so what DOES it mean? lol

Rolling on the Floor Laughing I waited so long for someone to ask, I'd forgotten about this one!

It means "prostitute." Specifically, "streetwalker."

The first symbol in the pair means "woman." I don't know exactly what the second one means.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:59 pm
I was gonna ask but I figured you'd either update it later or I was just being dense and completely missed where you'd mentioned it. smile

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:48 pm
Greg wrote:
The first symbol in the pair means "woman." I don't know exactly what the second one means.

This page suggests it means something like "for pay". Appropriately enough. *8)
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:18 pm
Who sez hanging out on the Internet isn't educational?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:34 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

This page suggests it means something like "for pay". Appropriately enough. *8)

Way cool! How the heck did you find that one out of those thousands of characters?

So, that symbol really means something like "woman for hire" intead of "woman with luck."

The font they use on that page isn't showing up on my big machine. Do you know what I have to do to make it work?

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:36 pm
Kaylyn wrote:
I was gonna ask but I figured you'd either update it later or I was just being dense and completely missed where you'd mentioned it. smile

I was hoping to stretch out the suspense for a moment, expecting that someone would ask, or better yet, someone would know. But nobody asked until Liss did, and the open question had slipped right out of my mind in the onslaught of other mischief! lol

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:29 pm
Greg wrote:
The font they use on that page isn't showing up on my big machine. Do you know what I have to do to make it work?

You and I both have a lot of cool IE stuff disabled. One of them is probably "download fonts as needed."

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:49 pm
miros1 wrote:
Greg wrote:

You and I both have a lot of cool IE stuff disabled. One of them is probably "download fonts as needed."

Oh! Where is that setting?

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:29 pm
I think I finally figured this out. The trick is to pull down under View to Encoding and then select "Auto-Select" or even "Japanese (Auto-Select)".

For example, the kango characters on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Japanese were showing up as rectangular boxes until I chose "Japanese (Auto-Select)". IE defaulted back to simply "Auto-Select" but now it displays the characters and has "Japanese (UEC)" selected for that page, while this page has "Western European (ISO)" selected.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:49 pm
Greg wrote:
Way cool! How the heck did you find that one out of those thousands of characters?

Utter serendipity; I forget how I found the site in the first place, but once I did I clicked on "characters" just to see what would be there, and when it showed me the twenty most-recently updated characters in the database (or something like that) and I scanned casually down the list, there it was! Must have been Fate...
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:48 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

Utter serendipity; I forget how I found the site in the first place, but once I did I clicked on "characters" just to see what would be there, and when it showed me the twenty most-recently updated characters in the database (or something like that) and I scanned casually down the list, there it was! Must have been Fate...

It sounds like the gods of the Internet are on our side, even if the trolls aren't! Rolling on the Floor Laughing

:dl: Silk Mystery Shirt & Undies