Reply to topic :dl: Peace Through Superior Firepower
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
:dl: Peace Through Superior Firepower
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:55 pm
Peace Through Superior Firepower

Peace Through Superior Firepower
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download this top. ~536 KB (big).
This is a top for adult females in The Sims 2. Sized for the game's default T-shirt mesh.
The blood-red fingernail polish is part of the garment.
Unzip the file psaftop_def_pstf.zip and save the .package file in your SavedSims or Downloads folder.

Got a gal in your neigborhood who doesn't believe surrender is an effective policy for keeping your enemies off your back? Perhaps someone is rapidly climbing the ladder in the military or law enforcement career? Maybe she just wants to see the Fighting Llamas squash the Contentious Cows once and for all? Now she can let the whole world know where she stands!

Silk-screened on deep burgandy silk, the slogan on this shirt is guaranteed to create consternation and chaos among pusillanimous pundits of pathetic peace policies.

(The stretchy silk also also great freedom of movement, essential for the inevitable bar fights.)

Addendum (9/13/2006): The story behind this garment is below, about three messages down.

Last edited by Greg on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:36 pm
I want it!
Grin

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 am
Rolling on the Floor Laughing

nanci2121
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:25 pm
I need one of these for RL....where might I find it??

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:29 pm
Blow it up and print it on iron-on paper?

Iron-on paper for inkjet printers is available at Jo-Ann Fabrics and other fabric/craft stores.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:34 pm
Uh? RL? Iron-on paper? What are you gals talking about?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:50 pm
Zenmistress wrote:
I need one of these for RL....where might I find it??

A Google search turned up a Cafepress site: http://www.cafepress.com/rightwingstuff/280738

But the real story behind that T-shirt is that while aimlessly wandering around the net I blundered across this:

Image pilfered from Life, Liberty, Etc.
Click on the image to visit their site.

When I saw that picture, I thought, "I have a lot of sims who would love that shirt!" So I made one. (Yup, another "quick knockoff" that took hours before I was satisfied with it, and I still didn't incorporate all the little tricks I usually do with these things. This one doesn't have undies, bra lines, or an elaborate bump map.)

At first I was reluctant to even post it, for fear of inviting a fruitless political harangue. But then I thought, what the heck, lots of folks will like it. Besides, we can hope that those who don't can behave like grownups, and if not, we have mechanisms for dealing with the problem.*

Both these sites have a lot of similar tongue-in-cheek politically oriented stuff. Life, Liberty, Etc. seems to be focused mostly on right of folks to own semi-automatic carbines like the AR-15. The Cafepress site labels itself as peddling "right-wing" stuff. (So if you don't like that kind of stuff, don't go there.)

The version on the Cafepress site with the B-52 bomber is closer to the one I recall seeing in my college days. It was sort of a nostalgia trip to run across it again.

Since the slogan and the image has been around since at least 1970 I didn't feel guilty about pilfering the basic design from Life, Liberty, Etc. but now I do feel guilty for my failure to credit the source in the original post.
blush

----------
*Just so there's no doubt: I will delete political campaign messages without further comment anywhere in the Hullabaloo, and will not entertain any discussion of that policy. There are lots of places on the net to argue politics; this ain't one of them.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:56 pm
ghostman wrote:
Uh? RL? Iron-on paper? What are you gals talking about?

You can get special paper that you can print out on your inkjet printer. Then you lay the printout on a piece of cloth and iron over it, transferring the ink to the cloth. So, basically, if you can print it, you can wear it! Or sleep on it. Or hang it over your windows. Or...

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:02 pm
Sheba wrote:
I want it!
Grin

Sheba! Welcome back! Where have you been?

Of course you can have it. Just run down to the clothing store in downtown Happy Valley and buy it!

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:20 pm
Greg wrote:
At first I was reluctant to even post it, for fear of inviting a fruitless political harangue. But then I thought, what the heck, lots of folks will like it. Besides, we can hope that those who don't can behave like grownups,

Actually, it wasn't until you mentioned it that I realized there was a political statement there (It didn't cross my mind to me to place it outside of The Sims universe)...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:52 pm
You never know what might trigger a knee-jerk response or what people will respond to.

One time on artemis-list I mentioned that 100% of the cost of everything is human effort. In response I got a lengthy harangue from Dale Amon (a really brilliant fellow) about how idiotic the Value Theory of Labor is. I was really surprised at the strength of Dale's response as well as how badly he had misinterpreted what I'd said; I must have stumbled onto a hot button for him.

It took quite some time to communicate that I wasn't espousing the Value Theory of Labor or any other tenant of Marxism, but rather pointing out a simple fact of economics. I needed to explain that to explain the economic models we were developing for a theoretical lunar community, which were based on guesstimating how many man-hours were required to accomplish function that the community would want.

Besides that, in the past we've had folks even in the Hullabaloo who would jump on almost anything as an excuse to launch a political campaign. That was a bit of nastiness that I'd not care to repeat.

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:16 am
Oh well! I can totally see Circe Beaker in one of those. Anyway, Sims political thought does not have to be the same of their owners.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:47 am
ghostman wrote:
Oh well! I can totally see Circe Beaker in one of those. Anyway, Sims political thought does not have to be the same of their owners.

Perish the thought!

I never thought of Circe Beaker as the militant sort. Isn't she a scientist?

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:58 am
Your model has a hairstyle similar to Circe's.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:28 am
Aha! That could be it! She's wearing sunglasses, too; that's another Circe Beaker character tag.

:dl: Peace Through Superior Firepower