Goto page 1, 2  Next
:dl: Kosmos Cosplay
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 pm
Kosmos Cosplay

Here's another one for Warlokk fans!

Kosmos Cosplay
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download this garment. About 313 KB.
Requires Warlokk's 36 hip high-heel mesh, MESH_Warlokk_36BottomNudeHeels.
You can get all of Warlokk's meshes from Warlokk's Tower.
This looks like a whole outfit but it is a bottom. The texture will overlay any top you pair it with.
Shown here with the topless top from Wilhemina's Sexy Top Collection. See the detailed discussion for more about what you can do with this outfit.
Instructions: Download the zip, unzip it, and put the .package file in your SavedSims or Downloads folder. Also get Warlokk's 36 hip high-heel mesh and put that in your Downloads folder.

Once upon a time, I wandered into the big Cosplay convention at the Boveena convention center. I was looking for ideas for exotic outfits for The Sims 2. After purchasing my membership, I turned around and saw a very likely candidate standing before me: Two identically dressed, almost-identical twins.

"Wow!" I said, with all due eloquence. "What character are you? Erm... characters."

That drew an undeserved but nevertheless appreciated laugh. "This is a preview of our KOS-MOS costume!" one of the sisters said. In tandem, they turned for a three-quarter pose. She told me name was Rita Fensworth. Her sister's name was Ronnie, short for Veronica, though she wasn't all that short in those spike heels. "We have long blue wigs and lots of other props up in our rooms but we're saving those for the show. And red contact lenses, but they make my eyes hurt."

"Hmmm..." said I. "I don't have a mesh to do long blue wigs and probably not the props, but I could make that outfit."

"Make the outfit?" Ronnie said. "Aren't you that Captain Hero guy?"

It was my turn to chuckle. "Not hardly. He's my evil alter ego. I'm just the clother and chronicler to the realm."

Despite my lowly unheroic status, the Fensworth twins happily agreed to pose for some screen shots. As it turns out, the costume is very stretchy, especially above the waist, so it can accommodate a wide variety of body shapes stuffed into it.

What that really means: This outfit is a bottom. You have to pair it with a top, and the shape of the top will vary depending on what top you pair it with.

This bottom texture will overlay the top and will take on the shape of the top.

For example, if you would like the sleeves to be a bit more prominent, you might match it up with a T-shirt mesh that has no visible texture, like this:

Kosmos Cosplay Matched with a Blank T-Shirt Top
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download the blank T-shirt top. About 242 KB.
Important: This top will look really weird just by itself. If the bottom doesn't provide the top texture your sim will show up nude above the waist but her arms will look like she grew T-shirt sleeves.

Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed the little photo shoot. Besides the delightful epidermal landscape revealed by the costume, it had that very intriguing zipper that started in the front and ran all the way up the back. Overtly suggestive, and quite authentic to the character KOS-MOS, an android in the Xenosaga console game.*

Ronnie interrupted the photo shoot. "Hey! Aren't you going to take a picture of me, too?"

It only took a glance to see why it was important to take a picture of the other almost-idential twin. For one thing, she was standing right under the air conditioning duct, and for another, well, see for yourself.

Ronnie was Rita's Almost-Identical Twin
Here, the bottom is paired with Warlokk's 36DD nude top.
Get the top mesh from Warlokk's Tower.
(The deer-in-the-headlights look was not an act.)

I had to ask. "If you two are identical twins, why did your bodies develop such different shapes?"

Rita giggled. "Yeah, Ronnie definitely turned out to be the more bovine of us two."

"It's because of our diet," Ronnie said. "I might be the Boveena cow of the family but in fact it's because I ate the chicken and Rita ate the beef."

"We went through a phase when we were going up, where we were obsessed with being different, you see," Rita said. "I always went for beef, so Ronnie insisted on having chicken."

"And the chickens mom bought had been given growth hormones," Ronnie put it. "So, with a massive dose of growth hormones at the critical time of my development, well, I grew!"

"Yeah, darn it," Rita said. "I wish I had--"

"My backaches?"

"Oh. Good point. Yikes! Look at the time! We need to go get our wigs on! See you later!"

----------
*In truth, that's where the idea for this outrageous costume really came from. My son was playing Xenosaga. I looked at the book lying next to him and saw KOS-MOS, who to my eye is the sexiest stock character in a T-rated game I've yet seen. There are lot more fiddly details to the character but I liked what I had when I got to this stage, so here it is!

This outfit really needs a bump map ("normals"), but Warlokk's mesh didn't have one the last time I downloaded it.

Last edited by Greg on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hedge Witch
Seeker of the Fae
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:01 pm
shocked

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:15 pm
Hedge Witch wrote:
shocked

Yup! That's just what I thought when I saw the character in Xenosaga III. lol

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:30 pm
Xenosaga...That's one game I've been considering trying out but haven't gotten around to yet. Is it pretty cool?

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:38 pm
Greg, what would you do without me to find your meshes for you? I'm sure you'll find candidates for "long blue wigs" here!

http://ts2creations.com/dmesheshair.htm

Neptune Suzy's terms and conditions:
Quote:
Please feel free to offer this Mesh at your own site with your own Textures(skins). There are just a couple of things that I ask:
1)Give credit for the Mesh to "NeptuneSuzy at ts2creations.com"
2)Include this readme in the zip file
3)Do Not rename or alter the Mesh in any way
4)Do Not redistribute any of my Textures(skins), only the Mesh with your new Textures(skins)

Greg wrote:
This outfit really needs a UV Map, but Warlokk's mesh didn't have one the last time I downloaded it.

I think you mean Normal Texture, not UVMap?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:16 pm
Hot dawg! That gets one step closer to Kosmos the Sexy Android!

Oops. Right. Bump map. Normals thingie. I'll fix that note lest I foment more confusion than is my regular course of daily life.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:25 pm
lunahskye wrote:
Xenosaga...That's one game I've been considering trying out but haven't gotten around to yet. Is it pretty cool?

I've not played it myself but Alex really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed watching him play it and hearing of his adventures. It's one of those games where if you finally get through it the first time you can go back to the beginning and play it again, unlocking all sorts of hidden things. By the time you get through the second time your characters could use brown dwarfs for bowling balls.

They introduced a fun twist in Episode II or III of this already-twisted saga. If your party fights in their swimsuits it costs them a little bit of a defense bonus but their luck increases tremendously. They get lots of crtical hits, making it possible to smash some of the really tough bosses even with their degraded defense.

It's definitely not a rolling-down-the-road kind of game. It appears to require a lot of studying and concentration. It's basically a turn-based RPG but there seem to be some reflex-game elements to the battles.

And it does have the sexiest stock character I've yet seen. Android schmandroid; that strategically located zipper the outfit that KOSMOS is almost wearing in Xenosaga III isn't there to make it easier to do an oil change!

Of course in the game her behavior isn't at all related to her choice of clothing. She's a very serious fighting machine.

Alex plays it on Playstation 2. I don't know if it's available for other platforms.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Greg wrote:
And it does have the sexiest stock character I've yet seen. Android schmandroid; that strategically located zipper the outfit that KOSMOS is almost wearing in Xenosaga III isn't there to make it easier to do an oil change!

Anyone ever tell you you have a one-track mind? razz

I'll have to get around to playing that game one day. That sounds like my style of gameplay, though I've never exactly been a big fan of sci-fi type games. Gameplay sounds a lot like Final Fantasy, so I'll check it out eventually.

miros1
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:53 pm
Greg wrote:
Hot dawg! That gets one step closer to Kosmos the Sexy Android!

Oops. Right. Bump map. Normals thingie. I'll fix that note lest I foment more confusion than is my regular course of daily life.

Well, you could just ask before you assume things don't exist... because they probably do!

Clark's Law as applied to the Sims:

Quote:
If an middle aged, respected webmaster says meshes exist, they probably do.
If he says they don't, he's probably wrong!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:07 pm
miros1 wrote:
...Well, you could just ask before you assume things don't exist... because they probably do!

Oh, Rose... yooo hooo! What are you going on about? I didn't say that I thought the mesh didn't exist. All I said was that I didn't have it, and that was just a line from a little story.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:27 pm
lunahskye wrote:
...Anyone ever tell you you have a one-track mind? razz

Yes, quite frequently! Grin

But seriously now, look at the picture (the best one I could find in the time I allocated to searching which of course has no expressed or implied assumption that better images might or might not exist on the web or elsewhere including the possibility that I could just scan the image from my son's book)...

KOS-MOS in Full Battle Gear
Image pilfered from Namco

Now, really. What could the artist who created this character's outfit been thinking when he put that zipper there?

Of course, KOS-MOS doesn't always run around half naked. Some times she puts on a dress. Well almost. And thigh-thigh black lace stockings with a garter belt.

Nothing suggestive about this outfit! Nope!
Another image pilfered from Namco.

After all, as every schoolboy knows, microskirts and lace stockings and garter belts are absolutely the best armor to wear when battling nasty evil monsters.

And there's certainly nothing suggestive about the fact that KOS-MOS's girlfriend Shion runs around the whole game with her shorts unzipped.

Shion
Oh, you know the drill.

It's really a clever ploy to distract the enemy, making them wonder if her shorts will fall off.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:01 pm
Greg wrote:
After all, as every schoolboy knows, microskirts and lace stockings and garter belts are absolutely the best armor to wear when battling nasty evil monsters.

Well, of course. Naturally that's my normal monster-slaying attire. And don't forget the 4-inch spiked heels. A hefty kick to the chest will, first of all, stun the creature as he gets quite the view, and then the heels are the lethal weapons.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:57 pm
lunahskye wrote:
Greg wrote:

Well, of course. Naturally that's my normal monster-slaying attire. And don't forget the 4-inch spiked heels. A hefty kick to the chest will, first of all, stun the creature as he gets quite the view, and then the heels are the lethal weapons.

An excellent strategy!

Well, it is if the monster you're fighting happens to have a chest.

miros1
Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:38 am
If it happens to be a four legged animal, its head might be low enough for "The Kick of Death."

Actually, my Complete Mafia character always wears a miniskirt and spiked heels. The better to distract nosy cops...

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 am
miros1 wrote:
If it happens to be a four legged animal, its head might be low enough for "The Kick of Death."

Actually, my Complete Mafia character always wears a miniskirt and spiked heels. The better to distract nosy cops...

I get it! It's camouflage! Maybe that's why KOS-MOS has that zipper! lol

:dl: Kosmos Cosplay