Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :tutorial: How to Add a Basement to an Existing House
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:35 pm
Sita wrote:
No. Only thing you could do is rebuild them on a foundation, copying the original lot. That could be quite an interesting challenge.

Oh fiddlesticks! confused

I thought as much, but was just hoping! geek

You're right: it would be a rather interesting challenge! I may just have to give it a shot though. I rather like the "California Townhouse" block that Maxis has in Pleasantview, but expansion is a bit of a problem given their current "foundationless" state.

The real trick (well one of them anyway) will be to see if I can add a foundation/basement & manage keep their purchase prices from becoming unreasonable! (That's the main reason I like those "California Townhouses"! They make real nice 1st homes for Sims. )

Still, I think I'm gonna have to give it a go!

-ZW

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 pm
Unlike real houses, foundations are pretty cheap, so they shouldn't add too much to the cost of a house.

The foundation is really just a collection of 1/4-height walls. If you build the house without one, the game sees the first floor as the foundation level, so there's no good way to slip a foundation under an existing house, and no way to convince the game that the first floor is the second floor.

:tutorial: How to Add a Basement to an Existing House