Goto page 1, 2  Next
:dl: The Dancer
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:21 pm
The Dancer
An Experiment with Warlokk's Body Shapes

The Dancer
This outfit is a free download. You must have at least a free SimsHost membership to download these garments. If you don't have a SimsHost membership and want to create one, just create your SimsHost account and stop at the point where you would put money in your account. Free accounts have access to all the freebies that the webmasters have put on their sites, including all the treasures in the Christmas 2006 Treasure Hunt.

If you later decide that you want to help support SimsHost and download all the other nifty stuff, you can add money to your account at any time. Just go to the SimsHost front page and click on the link to "Maintain Your Account."

ABOUT THE OUTFITS

This rather unique outfit was inspired by togs that Elizabeth Berkley wore in the scene where she was auditioning for the big stage show in the movie Showgirls. It's something I've always wanted to try but until Warlokk started his Female Body Shape Variety Project, there just weren't any appropriate meshes available.

There are five garments in this series: Three are fishnet tights with a thong brief and high heels. Each of the three is for a different hip measurement--34, 36, or 38.

One outfit is the pink top. You can tell which is which by looking at the filenames.

The fifth is a special bottom that includes the top. See notes below for more about interesting things you can do with it.

This outfit made its debut in this topic in Warlokk's tower:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=19787

IMPORTANT: These outfits require Warlokk's custom clothing meshes.

There are five separate downloads available. You can download them from the links in the left-hand colum below. Make sure to get the mesh associated with each. See notes below the table to find out where to get the meshes.

DOWNLOAD LINKS AND REQUIRED MESHES
Click on the links below to load the garments. Then see notes below for where to get the meshes.

WHERE TO GET THE MESHES

The bottoms are in the file "Warlokk's Bodyshape Bottoms.rar" which you can download from this topic:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=4384

(Warlokk might be updating this so check the high-resolution discussions to see if there's a new version. If so, go ahead and install the new version even if the filename is different.)

The 34D Natural top is in "Bodyshape 34D Nat Top Separates.rar" which you can download from this topic:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=16936

You can download all of Warlokk's meshes from Warlokk's Tower at insimenator.net:
http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118 (Warlokk's tower is hosted by Insimenator, so your Insimenator login will work there. If you don't already have one, you want one.)

This information is also included in the file "readme_psafdancer.txt" which is included in each zip file. If you read all this, you don't need to read the readme, too; but since you didn't, you'd better keep that readme around or you won't be able to figure out which mesh goes with which garment.

ABOUT psafbottom_dancer_36hip_with_top

This is the odd one. It's the fishnet tights for size 36 hip, but the pink top is included in the texture. You can match this with any top, but the pink top will overlay whatever top you match it with.

For example, if you dress your sim in this bottom and a nude top, the pink top will take on the shape of the nude top. By pairing it with different tops from Warlokk's collection of nude female body shapes, you can adjust the size and shape of the bust and even choose whether the model's nipples will show.

The niftiest thing about that is I don't need to make a separate top for each bust size. Just match it up with the nude top in your sim's size and you've got it!

If you match it with any other kind of top, the pink top from this outfit will overlay the other top and take on its shape, with the rest of the top showing throw. This can be a nifty effect if you match it with a bra, but will look rather silly if your sim is wearing a sweater underneath the dancer top.

Rewarding Warlokk

Warlokk's stuff is free for everybody but I do want to note that he does have a Tip Jar at Warlokk's Workshop. If you like his work, please do consider dropping some money in the Tip Jar. Insimenator hosts his stuff so you might want to consider rewarding their efforts, too.

Note for Skinners

The trickiest part of these garments was getting the fishnets to line up. It took a while but after stretching, rotating, and skewing the back and front, I got pretty darn close on the legs. I just plain gave up on getting the legs to match up with the feet; haven't noticed the discrepancies in the game. Most of the magic is in the alpha, but the texture does have shading for the body contour thta you would notice only if it weren't there.

That hair came from someone on MTS2 but I'll be darned if I can remember where I got it and I can't start my game to check for a Tool Tip until I get this posted. Anybody know?

One of the paintings on Elizabeth's wall is from my Mount Kilimanjaro set. It appears that I haven't uploaded the Fred & Ginger poster yet.

Last edited by Greg on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:32 pm
Addendum: The tool tip for Elizabeth's hair is "XM Sims Flora hair007". You could probably find it by searching around MTS2.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:17 am
You might have gotten the recolor from MTS2, but nothing comes up on the search. For the Mesh, try: http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/main/index.htm

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 pm
Yup, that's it! I suspect the hair came with a sim that I downloaded. I tried installing a few other folks' sims in my game with the idea of getting more variety, but I think I kept only four out of a dozen and then had to deal with getting rid of lots of clothes and makeup and stuff that I didn't want.

It's amazing how much better things can look in a screen shot.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:34 pm
Addendum: That hair is number 19 in the XM Sims online catalog. The filename for the mesh is XMS_Flora_MeshHair007.

Warlokk
New SimsHost Friend
Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:12 pm
Hi There smile

See, now you've gotten me to go and sign up on yet another Sims2 site... Grin

Nice work!
miros1
Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:34 pm
Hi Warlokk!

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:01 pm
What can I say but welcome? It's great to have you around here!
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:51 pm
Yay Warlokk! Haven't had a chance to grab these meshes yet but they look sweet. They must be, because Greg strikes me as a perfectionist with custom content; if he's using them, they must be awesome! smile

Roxas420
Friend of SimsHost
Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:04 pm
dang, the website is down for Warlokk's meshes, sad i need a couple of em

any idea when it is going to be back up?
miros1
Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:23 am
Lets see... SimsHost has been down less than 48 hours in the whole 4 years we've been open, and that was caused by some growing pains the first year. No "downtime" for the last 3 years!

SimsHost is the best place to have a site!

shamengoddess
Seeker of the Fae
Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:45 am
i was trying to get them too, its working now, for the moment at least!

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:42 am
Warlokk wrote:
Hi There smile

See, now you've gotten me to go and sign up on yet another Sims2 site... Grin

Nice work!

Hi Warlokk! Welcome to the Hullabaloo! Grin

I've been having riotously good fun with your meshes! I have some more stuff that I plan to get on line but, persnickety cuss that I am, I'm still tweaking them. (And time has been a little tight lately because of my day job. Erm... jobs. The good news is that on Friday NASA announced the results of the source selection that I've been working on.)

I know what you mean about the proliferation of logins! It's forcing me to new levels of organization that I hadn't even imagined in the halcyon days of sites for the original game and all the free web hosting that was available back then. *sigh* That's another casualty of the Dotcom Disaster and the Invasion of Spammers.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:05 am
Footnote: I noticed that the first message in this topic had a link to the previous treasure hunt so I updated it to the Christmas 2006 Treasure Hunt, which opened yesterday! Grin

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:44 pm
That's neat, Greg!

nanci2121
:dl: The Dancer