Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic patches need help to install
Goto page 1, 2  Next
patches need help to install
newnew
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:13 pm
i downloaded the uncensored nude patch...it is in the games data file but doesnt work when i play the game...any ideas please
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Hm, I never played S1 with the nude patch...

Someone will be along to help you tho!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
newnew
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:51 pm
i am using superstar to run the game...do i need to reinstall the sims delux version again...or does this have anything to do with anything..lol...i have found the file i loaded...in the gamedata where it is supposed to be
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:30 pm
Which "Nude Patch" are you useing? What site did you download it from? (Several sites/programs offer this effect.)

The one I have is from The KillerSims site (they call it a Patcher, as it can do lots of funky things) and to use/activate it I had to "run" it 1st to get a pop-up window which lets you "check the box" next to whatever effects you want to implement. It works like a charm! (I'm useing the Ken & Barbie effect though, as I'm just not interested in seeing "body parts" on my Sims. I'm a wuss!)

You can find it here:
http://www.killersims.com/

Enter the site a look at the Menu along the top of the page. Under the GO heading, you will find the link to The KillerSims Free area (they are a pay-site {through SimsHost actually} otherwise) and there you can find various versions of their Nude Patcher.

I hope this is helpfull!

-ZW

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:05 pm
Thanks Zirconia!

We'll have you signed up as a webmaster sooner than you think!

newnew
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:23 pm
help...i went to this website..loaded it ...says it is loaded but i cant find it anywhere...om i am just dumb im thinking
miros1
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:45 pm
KillerSims is a little hard to navigate. Follow Zirconia's directions carefully!

Quote:
Enter the site a look at the Menu along the top of the page. Under the GO heading, you will find the link to The KillerSims Free area (they are a pay-site {through SimsHost actually} otherwise) and there you can find various versions of their Nude Patcher.

Good luck!

newnew
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:41 pm
ok then...i havw installed the vb6 runtime lib., then i downloaded the patch from this site, opened it with the vb6..put it in the maxis/game/skins file.........now what? please
miros1
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:36 pm
At that point, you should be able to play the game and see naked Sims, if I'm following correctly.

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:08 am
**snicker** Wow! From a Confussed Newbie to Webmaster Canidate in about a month! I guess my gift for rambeling posts is finally gonna start paying off! Grin **snicker, again**

(I just answered this in a PM, but thought I would post it here just in case anyone else if having this problem to...)

One you have Unzipped the file into the-folder-of-your-choice, take a peak inside that folder.

There should be an Icon in there (along with lots of other do-dads) that calls itself an EXE program or an APPLICATION for the patch in question. (If memory serves it looks like a little computer, actually.)

In order to use the Nude Patch you must first trigger this program with a double-click to make it "active" in The Sims. Otherwise it isn't "really" installed yet, it's just Unzipped & sitting around in a folder on your PC, makeing you feel like a complete & total moron for not understanding why it won't "work" in your game. (Don't ask how I know this..... embarrassed )

Once you do the "double-click" thing, (depending on the Version of the Patch you have) one or both of the following should happen:

A) The faithfull Installation Wizzard will do it's thing, and/or
B) You will see a little pop-up window with a box (boxes) next to something like Cersor Blur on/off. (Depending on the version of the Patch, you may be able to remove/replace the blurrs on Adults, Kids and/or Pets, aswell as other strange things.)

Putting a check mark in this box (these boxes) will activate/de-active the effect in question.

That should do it! (If it doesn't, let me know and I will do somemore digging. As one of the few Sims 1 players left, I like to help out whenever I think I can!)

-ZW

Oh yes- I almost forgot: Make sure that the version you downloaded (there are a few available) is okay to run with the Expainsion Packs you have installed! (This is very important!) The different EXP's added their own subtle little quirks (a programer would say "enhancenments") to The Sims game. This is especially true when dealing with Unleashed, Super Star & Makin Magic! (Some of the programs I have even make a distinction between different combinations of Expansion packs!) Just make sure that the version you got is etheir okay for your newest EXP (or combination) or says it will run no matter what you're playing. It will save you lots of headaches! (Again, do NOT ask how I know this.... embarrassed )

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:37 am
Hmmm... I have a no-censor-blur patch in The Sims 1. In my game, it seems to be located in two files:
C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Skins\adult.cmx
C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Skins\adult-censor.cmx

Both files contain the same data:
Quote:
// Character File. Copyright 1997, Maxis Inc.
version 300
adult-censor

Unless these files are artifacts from an earlier version of the game, I suspect that the Killersims patcher just creates those files and then either deletes or renames them when if you turn the blur back on.

You could just fire up Notepad and create those files. (Just copy and paste from the quoted message above.)

newnew
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:55 pm
ok all installed and working...but...now i have a new problem...i ran spy bot to clean my computer..i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but now my game crashes when i leave the house...go to studio town etc....my game has never crashed before unless i had left another program running...i make sure all other programs are not running when i play so i dont know what the problem is now.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:04 pm
It does sound like Spybot might have cleaned out a file that that The Sims needs when it loads another lot.

I doubt that it could be the adult.cmx thingies since those have worked fine in my game for years, and I don't see how the game would be looking at either of those files while it's doing the transition to another lot.

Does your game crash while traying to go back to the Neighborhood where you pick your destination? Or does it get that far and then crash after you've picked a destination?

I'm not sure that it would matter, though; either way the only solution I could think of trying would be to reinstall the game.

miros1
Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:52 pm
Before reinstalling, try creating a new neighborhood.

are you tired of me yet
newnew
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:05 am
ok...i went to another neighbourhood, created a family and it runs fine, no crashing. i did download the skin doctor but a pop up warned me that it appears to have a corrupt file and was i sure of where it came from and did i want to run it. i got the skindoc from blarney...so has anyone else seen this warning with the skin doc?
patches need help to install