Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Looking for Sims 1 "Bassinet Skins" !
Looking for Sims 1 "Bassinet Skins" !
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:32 pm
Does ANYONE know of a site were I can download a different "skin" (look) for that boring old green Baby Bassinet in the Sims 1 game????

So far all my searches have just been leading me to Sims 2 sites.

Thanks,

-ZW

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:45 am
I know I got some from somewhere, but a) they're on the other machine and b) since they're the "one at a time" type downloads, they aren't organized by site, but by "baby cradle" or something like that.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:30 pm
The only Bassinets (for Sims 1) I've found so far are the "buyable baby" style, which I don't want. I like the suprise element of Sims 1 reproduction. It makes things more fun (and sometimes funnier) for me, and since it's me who's playing it that's very important!

I did find some baby-clothes replacements (Killer Sims & Troll Sims), but no Bassinet replacements yet.

I don't suppose the Tragmogrifier (which I just downloaded) would let me over write the in-game Bassinet with something of my choosing, eh?

-ZW

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:17 am
Actually it will! Follow these instructions very carefully...

For the first one:

1) Run Tmog.
2) Find the bassinet.
3) Export the Maxis bassinet.
4) Clone.
5) Recolor to your heart's content. I'd start with something simple, like just changing the color. Changing zbuffers is an art in itself.
6) Import the file from step 3 into your clone, ignoring the warning message that you're importing into a different object. Like duh! We're doing this on purpose!
7) Close Tmog.
8) Run the game.

Your recolor now has the same id's as the Maxis bassinet, so it should use your file instead of the Maxis one. Remember this, because ObjectID/SEOM/utility-of-your-choice will whine about duplicates, which you should not change.

Recolors after the first one:
1) Zip up your old bassinette and delete the IFF file.
2) Run Tmog.
3) Find the bassinette.
4) Clone.
5) Recolor.
6) Import the file from step 3 into your clone, ignoring the warning message that you're importing into a different object. Like duh! We're doing this on purpose!
7) Close Tmog.
8) Run the game.

Hm, did I ever put up my custom babyclothes?

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:03 pm
Woo hoo!

Thankyou thankyou THANKYOU for that wonderfull bit of information!!!! Grin

I already found the Maxis Bassinet file with TMOG, but was afraid to touch anything yet. All I want to do is change the color to something I want to be looking at for 3 sim-days. (I have no intention of playing with the buffer settings. Sounds waaaay to easy to mess up! )

Bwaahahaha! So long, tired old green Maxis Creation & hello to a wide awake un-green Zirconia Wolf Special Edition!!! cheers

-ZW

(Do I need to worry about getting "Magic Cookies" if I am only going to be makeing things for my personal game use with TMOG? Trust me, few if any other people will be interested in what I will be creating. For starters, my favorite color is Tye Dye. Seriously. I am a rather strange She-Wolf! geek )

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:52 am
Well, if I were you, I'd pick a number, any number, to use if you don't plan to share.

You see, far too many people use 0000 and distribute their objects... this means, if you use 0000 and get really lucky, you'll have a conflict between something you made and something you downloaded.

I'd say about 95% of the id conflicts I've fixed are objects created by two different people who both used 0000. Another 4% were duplicate files -- things I just saved in two different folders by accident. The last percent were people who exported from the original and imported into the clone and didn't intend that result.

Only export from the original when you're making a replacement for a Maxis object. The rest of the time, always export from the clone!

As a follow up, never ever import into a Maxis object. You will horribly corrupt your Maxis supplied far files. This is the Sims1 equivalent of a Big Firey Blast Visible From Space, and you will have to reinstall.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am
What does it mean to import into a Maxis object?

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:33 am
So how do I go about GETTING a Magic Cookie???

I found a "Magic Cookie Database" on Yahoo that lists other peoples #s, but I am at a complete loss as to how to get one for myself!

-ZW

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:23 pm
Greg wrote:
What does it mean to import into a Maxis object?

Stretch your mind back to the old days of S1... Remember Tmog and the 4 little buttons in the lower right corner?

Normal procedure is click on something, clone it, export it and import it. A few people for whatever reason import (hopefully, usually accidentally) back into the original... this is very very bad when that original is in a far file!

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:24 pm
Zirconia Wolf wrote:
So how do I go about GETTING a Magic Cookie???

I found a "Magic Cookie Database" on Yahoo that lists other peoples #s, but I am at a complete loss as to how to get one for myself!

-ZW

I think it's somewhere on the Lush Creations site... Try http://www.thesimstransmogrifier.com/TransmogrifierCookies

Thankyou for the link!
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Well, I went to Lush Creations & got my Magic Cookie.

I am now going to figure out how to "register" it with the Yahoo dadtabase, so I can feel "legal".

Thankyou for the help, and I promise that I will never ever ever be dumb enough to import back into an original Maxis file!

-ZW

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:02 pm
You just have to join the egroup and it will let you add to the database. Or you can give me your info and I'll add it for you, since I'm already in the egroup and my cookie is in the dB.

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:37 am
I just received (and sent back) my application for membership on the Yahoo TMOG group. (Thought it would be good to join up, just incase I ever DO "go public" with anything I create.)

I would like to take you up on your offer to add my info to the Yahoo Database, but for one problem:

I'm still confused about the whole HexCode thing! All I got from Lush Creations was my Magic Cookie number, yet the Yahoo Database wants to know my HexCode & ID too! If I understand correctly, the ID is something I decide to put in the objects I clone (most likely ZW or something like that) but I am just not understanding how I figure out my HexCode (which seems to contain letters & numbers) from my little all-number Magic Cookie.

In short, the only thing I know for sure is my Magic Cookie number. Is that enough information to give you?

-ZW

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:00 pm
Yep, that's fine. Send me your cookie # via pm and I'll put it up for you!

Looking for Sims 1 "Bassinet Skins" !