Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: Demi Widow in Red
:dl: Demi Widow in Red
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:36 pm
Demi Widow in Red

Demi-cup Merry Widow in Deep Red Satin
SimsHost subsribers can click on the image to download from The Pearl.
Caution: Large file. 479 KB.
Warning: Anatomically correct sims will show in this outfit. (What? This is a surprise?)
Unzip the file psafmerrywidow03.zip and save the .package file in your Downloads or SavedSims folder.
Look for the outfit in Adult Female Undies.
The outfit has a "normals" channel (bump map) that doesn't show up in Body Shop so the lighting effects on the detailed contours might appear to be a bit more enhanced in your game.

Here's another one from the deviant mind of The Pearl! The Demi-cup Merry Widow in Blue Satin was quite a hit in the bedrooms in and around Happy Valley, but some of the more adventurous lusty ladies were campaigning for something in red with a fleur de lis pattern; and here it is!

This unsubtle celebration of the female form is a variation on the Demi Bra & Thong in Blue. While I was working on this one I improved lots of little subtle details over the blue version. Nobody but me seems to notice these things but, hey, I'm persnickety!

The most adventurous part of this garment was the fleur de lis pattern. Getting all those little flower thingies to tile correctly was an amusement, but then I had to make them match on the front and back. It turns out that a perfect grid of flowers doesn't match the mesh; some of the facets are rotated. Then there was sewing in the mesh and stitching around all those little seams and getting the laces tightened evenly and keeping the model happy while lacing her into this thing and walking six miles to the computer through blinding snow flurries on a dark and stormy night, uphill both ways. Do real seamstresses have to put up with this sort of thing?

----------
Maybe one day Ill learn to make something that can show up in screen shots.

Re: :dl: Demi Widow in Red
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:58 pm
Greg wrote:

Couldn't you just stick the screenshot in the adult section and post a link to it for us grownups? smile

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:02 pm
lunahskye wrote:
Greg wrote:

Couldn't you just stick the screenshot in the adult section and post a link to it for us grownups? smile

I was thinking of screen shots in stories. I tend to avoid revealing outfits when doing screen shots for stories because it can get tedious making all those censor blurs. On the other hand, maybe one of these years I'll just bust loose and create a story driver that can hide behind the adults-only door dragon.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:08 pm
Oh! Duh! razz I thought you just meant for here for some reason. I'm tired. smile

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:19 pm
lunahskye wrote:
Oh! Duh! razz I thought you just meant for here for some reason. I'm tired. smile

lol So am I! This was yet another of those projects where I thought I'd just whip up a little something and ended up investing the entire day in it.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:21 pm
Hah...my project of the day (and yesterday, and tomorrow) is reorganizing my downloads folder so that everything is attributed to a website...it involves lots of redownloading and deleting duplicate files on my part.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:33 pm
Greg wrote:
lunahskye wrote:
Greg wrote:

I was thinking of screen shots in stories. I tend to avoid revealing outfits when doing screen shots for stories because it can get tedious making all those censor blurs. On the other hand, maybe one of these years I'll just bust loose and create a story driver that can hide behind the adults-only door dragon.

Dmchess has been using my lace undies in his screenshots without a blur... he doesn't use anatomically correct skins tho!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:46 am
'Tis true, but this particular outfit would look kinda silly on a Barbie skin.

In fact, I feel kinda silly posting a warning with these. Showing off an anatomically correct skin tone is the main point! lol

Well, maybe not the whole point, but it's an important part of it!

:dl: Demi Widow in Red