Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Ok, ok you talked me into it!
Ok, ok you talked me into it!
Lydia
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:43 am
After much prompting from Kaylyn I finally decided that it would be much more fun to participate here first hand. I’ve been a guest since she started posting her story here.

I’ve been a Sim addict since its release. When I was in college I would often leave my game running for my roommate and other visitors to observe. I enjoyed returning from class to see what had developed while I was away. When I heard about The Sims 2 I was excited but a bit skeptical. I wasn’t sure that all of the changes would be for the better. I have been extremely happy with the new generation of Sims. My favorite new feature is being able to watch my Sims grow from toddlers to adults.

When not playing The Sims I try to squeeze in a little schoolwork. I am currently working on my bachelor’s degree in graphic design through an online program. It can be a bit hectic because the courses are completed in 5 ½ weeks instead of the usual 11.

I also work at the local animal hospital. I have always enjoyed working with animals and at one point in my life entertained the idea of becoming a full fledged veterinarian. I love my job which was surprising because I never thought I would ever enjoy a career more than I did my previous one. Everyday is like an emotional rollercoaster. I love to see the smiles on new owner’s faces as they show off their new babies coming in for their first round of immunizations but I have to fight back the tears every time I assist with euthanasia.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I already feel as if I know you from everything Kaylyn has told me.

~Lydia
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:03 am
Mwahaha, I am a bad influence! lol

Actually, Lydia here is the bad influence...she's the one that hooked me on The Sims in the first place! I lived down the hall from her in college and stumbled into her room on many occasions, and found her playing the very first incarnation of The Sims. I was hooked! Grin I remember I visited her roommate once when she was in class...she left her game running as she mentioned before and I had to save her sims from a Near Death Experience once. One sim was in the bathroom and another wanted in desperately, and due to the construction they both just stood there complaining and starving to death...it took some emergency reconstruction on my part to save them!

Sooo...welcome! Glad ya finally joined up! Grin

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:00 am
Lydia wrote:
When I heard about The Sims 2 I was excited but a bit skeptical. I wasn’t sure that all of the changes would be for the better.

Hi Lydia! Welcome to the Hullabaloo! Grin

I was just the same way. When I saw the graphics I was really fired up about The Sims 2 but I wondered whether the changes they would inevitably make would be improvements. And, like you, I was delighted with the results. The Sims 2 turned out to be even more addictive than the original!

The current excitement in my life, besides it being America's 230th birthday, is that NASA is going for another launch attempt for STS-121!

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:07 am
*ahem* Now if we can just get Greg set up with Nightlife, etc. *mumble mumble* wink

What time's the launch supposed to be? I haven't been keeping up. blush

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:16 am
The launch is scheduled for 2:38 PM Central time today.

It says here on the NASA countdown clock page:
    STS-121 Discovery/ 18th International Space Station Flight ULF1.1
    Launch Pad: 39B
    Launch Date: July 4, 2006
    Launch Time: 2:38 p.m. EDT
    Landing: July 16, 2006
    Duration: 12 days
    Orbital Insertion Altitude: 122 nautical miles
    Orbit Inclination: 51.60°
    Countdown begins: T-43 hours

Edit: I just realized I should have posted this in the STS-121 topic, so I will! Grin

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:36 am
So now we get to hear all the real dirt about Lunahsky?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 am
*eep!*

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea afte all... Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Nah, actually I'm pretty straightforward, almost to a fault...not too many secrets here!

Now if I can just dig up those incriminating photos of Lydia from college...

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:20 am
hello2
Hi Lydia!

Welcome to the Hullabaloo!!!!
I'm glad you decided to come and join us! bounce

nanci2121
Lydia
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 pm
What incriminating photos? Ohh… umm… Hey Kaylyn did I ever tell you that you’re my very bestest friend? A good friend like you wouldn’t dream of doing something like that. Right? Right?!? pale

To tell the truth there isn’t that much dirt to tell about her. At least not that much dirt that doesn’t involve the both of us and you guys wouldn’t be interested in boring old stuff like that anyway. Grin

Thank everyone for the warm welcome. I’m usually not very good at this whole board thing but this seems to be a great group of people.

~Lydia
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:49 pm
Lydia wrote:
To tell the truth there isn’t that much dirt to tell about her. At least not that much dirt that doesn’t involve the both of us and you guys wouldn’t be interested in boring old stuff like that anyway. Grin

Yeah, that was a rather fun evening...but, um...oh yeah, quite boring to tell about. One of those "had to be there" kind of things. Besides, you're right...surely that wouldn't interest anyone on here...

Wonder if that video's still in storage? Hmm... Thinking angel12

Lydia
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:59 pm
Ack! Wait storage? Hmm… you mean storage in Louisiana? You know storage has a funny way of ruining video tapes especially when their owner is conveniently out of state…
Hey anyone for a rousing game of Uno?