Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: Well Wishers Window in Dark Wood
:dl: Well Wishers Window in Dark Wood
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:56 pm
Well Wishers Window in Dark Wood

Well Wishers Window in Dark Wood
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download. (Tiny. About 26K.)
Unzip the file and put pswindowquaintdark01.package in your Downloads folder a subfolder under Downloads.
The zip archive contains just the window; nothing else.
This window will show up as a color variation of the Well Wishers Window in your build catalog.

I have always enjoyed the rich luster of the dark wood doors but the only window that looks good with those doors is that very tall window with a gazillion panes. I like the shape of the Well Wishers Window, so I decided to merge the two concepts. It was trickier than I anticipated but I like the results!

Connie Pearlman (the original model for the Sports Bra outfits) liked them so much that she insisted I redo all the windows and doors in her house in that same color of wood. Benevolent deity that I am, I dutifully remodeled and replaced until they were all done; but when she started campaigning for also remodeling her kitchen, I put my benevolent foot down and told her to go clean the toilets.

That happens sometimes. Models can have good days where they can really concentrate on their work and other times they're almost impossible to work with. Connie seemed to be very distracted during this photo shoot. I can't help but wonder what the heck she was thinking about. The same thing during the Sports Bra photo shoot, to the point that I had to scrap the whole roll of film and bring in a new crew.

Oh well. Connie is a Knowledge sim so I'm sure she was thinking great thoughts about life, the universe, and everything.

----------
The painting in the background is Ulysses and the Sirens by Herbert Draper. You can download it from the topic entitled Two Paintings by Herbert Draper. Connie's pants and top are still in work, but she seems to like them. (Connie is not a fan of foundation garments. In fact, she may well be the bounciest bibliophile in my game. Maybe that's why we had the difficulty with the sports bra.) Everything else in the image are Maxian originals except the kitchen cabinets which I got from somewhere on MTS2. They're part of RGiles's Scarborough collection.

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:59 pm
That's pretty, Greg!

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:19 pm
Nancy wrote:
That's pretty, Greg!

Thanks! I can only take credit for pilfering the wood from another Maxian object and turning the crank to make a recolor. Someone at Maxis with a good eye for design (and a bad eye for matching wood) gets the credit for the design.

:dl: Well Wishers Window in Dark Wood