Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Bellevue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 pm
Yay, more story! A very moving set of episodes.

Quote:
He pulled up a chair next to her bed and she sat up, ready to listen to whatever it was he had come to say.

Okay, how did you get that shot?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:33 pm
Awesome awesomeness! Grin

Man, I know just what Pierce is going through. We really need to rethink this whole aging thing.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:35 pm
Lol, just keep that elixir pipeline going to Gregsim's house...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:01 pm
miros1 wrote:
Lol, just keep that elixir pipeline going to Gregsim's house...

Yeah, he has an important role to play! Of course, his story has been suspended while I've been fiddling with all sorts of other stuff and trying to figure out how to get the images I need to illustrate the next bit of action in the story. I think he has aged approximately 30 seconds in the past 6 months!

That's probably just as well. He has this hero thing to do, y'know.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:37 pm
That shot was a careful mix of moveobjects, boolprop snapobjectstogrid false, forced perspective, and blind luck. Not the shot I was going for, but still cool. Ginny is getting off the bed and Pierce is in the middle of fluffing the pillow to relax on another bed. The chair is a couple feet behind him in the second of those two shots.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:30 pm
It looks great! and natural! You'd never know you'd fudged it!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:26 am
Finally home and back to real internet! smile Regarding that shot again, although it turned out great, it was a fluke. smile I was going for a shot of Pierce sitting on the side of Ginny's bed talking to her. In an effort to get the eyeline straight, I had Ginny look at someone else in the room, but that caused her to cancel out of relaxing. So I just worked with what I had, and I'm kind of happy with the way it turned out. Since a bed sits so much higher than a chair in the game, the forced perspective was necessary or else he would be hovering about 8 inches off the chair! lol This is where I really started using some of the tricks Aikea uses in Deception Pass (is it painfully obvious yet that I'm a huge fan of that story?) That's a shot I was wondering if anyone would puzzle over...I guess that means I did good! Grin

After all my side tangents, I'm finally hitting the main plot again. I'm glad, too, because I've had some major brainstorms. Stay tuned for more intensity!

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:07 am
More random outtakes.

This is what I see at the college neighborhood screen. That big white square is their house on campus. Dunno what's causing it, but the lot itself plays fine. If it becomes seriously corrupted I guess I'll have a plot twist...Fire on Campus Kills # Students or something...kinda scary!

Sim-me's fantasy...*rawr*

And immediately afterwards, a sopping wet Kaylyn decided there was no time like the present to fix that blasted computer.

I'm including this because it's definitely me! Grin It's how I spend 99% of my free time...parked in front of the computer.

Sometimes you just don't want to ask.

Malcolm looks like he's about to pull out a knife instead of an engagement ring.

Shiny!

Malcolm: "Heh...heheh...she said yes..."

I meant to include this pic in the story. I thought it was really sweet! I can't remember why I decided not to, so here it is.

Evil Pierce!

Abigail's and Julie's joining ceremony that didn't make the cut. Matching dresses...awww.

Me: "Can we get on with this already?"

More fun with boolprop snapobjectstogrid false. Bert just looks hawt here...

One of my favorite wedding portraits.

And this one. Grin

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 am
Quote:
One of my favorite wedding portraits.

That one's really nice!
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:04 am
I'd just like to point out that, after working on the project off and on in between several other games that have recently stolen my interest, I have FINALLY managed to clean out my game. It's loading up lots faster now and I no longer dread starting it up and having to wait 5-10 minutes for the game to load. It's down to a couple of minutes now, and I cleared out LOTS of junk that I will never ever ever use in my game, as well as a lot of specialty stuff that I had downloaded thinking it was really cool, then realizing I have no use for it at the present. If I ever need Victorian stuff, I'll just have to go seek it out again, but I have no plans for any Victorian characters or mermaids or go-go girls or anything at the present.

This means that I am now actually playing out this story again, and beginning to wrap things up, as a matter of fact. Expect updates in the near future!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:06 pm
Hooray!

I take that means you would have no interest at all in my specialy Victorian Mermaid Go-Go Girl neighborhood! lol

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:29 pm
Umm...that would be a no. Grin

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:21 pm
So...how's about an update? smile

Several months later...

Life went on pretty much as it always had for the family. Amin and Elise had fallen in love with their roommates and decided to elope as they neared the end of their college years. Though they had only been part of the family for a short while, Audrey cherished them as much as she did her own children, and was over the moon that they had found someone to share their lives with. Beverly and Orlando had their hands full raising their triplets. Laura and Keith were getting Molly ready for college, and Heather (their younger daughter) was entering high school, as were Pierce's youngest boys, Jeph and Quinn.

Things at the main household were a different matter. The distrust Pierce had towards Kaylyn remained unchanged; however he did his best to put that aside as he did what he could, along with Audrey, to prepare both her and Bert for their impending parenthood.

Tragedy soon befell the family as well. Abigail and Julie, not having had the chance to go on a proper honeymoon after their wedding, finally found the time to take a trip together. They traveled to Australia for two weeks, but sadly their return flight mysteriously went off course and vanished, and they were never heard from again.*

It became clear as Kaylyn's due date drew closer that Audrey's energy level was deteriorating. She spent more and more time resting, leaving Pierce to shoulder most of the responsibility of raising Jasmine. Pierce grew concerned, but with so much going on, he didn't have much time to dwell.

*Yes, I'm guilty. A certain significant other has managed to get me hooked on Lost. The reason for this particular plot twist, among others, is that the neighborhood has become buggy and I need to write around the bugs, such as these characters suddenly vanishing from the neighborhood. I've also removed nearly all custom content from my game, so please forgive any small differences you may notice.

One particular evening Pierce joined Audrey in bed, trying not to wake her as he slid beneath the sheets. He failed at this, and Audrey stirred and smiled as his body nestled against hers.

"How are they?" she asked quietly.

"I'm pretty sure it's going to happen soon, probably with in the next day or so. She's been getting restless and cleaning like crazy, even though we've been telling her to slow down."

"She'll be fine," Audrey said softly, almost weakly. "Just trust her. Women know how to do these things. You've been through this before, anyway. I don't know why you're so worried."

"Yeah." He didn't, either.

"Pierce?" Audrey said after a few moments of silence.

"Hm?" He was just about to drift off when she had spoken.

"I don't say it enough, but I love you so much. You mean the world to me. You've been here through everything. When things got rough, you didn't run away. You stayed and worked through our problems. You've been a wonderful husband and a terrific father. I couldn't have asked for anyone better."

"Shh," Pierce said as he kissed the back of her neck. "Get some sleep. I have a feeling tomorrow's going to be a big day."

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 pm

The bedroom door creaked open softly, and Pierce stirred as a dim beam of light from the living room fell across his face. Through one half-opened eye he could see the silhouette of his eldest son.

"It's time," was all Bert said when he saw Pierce was awake, and then he left the door ajar as he left to rejoin his wife upstairs.

Pierce yawned and shook Audrey. "Come on. I'm sure we could use your help." Audrey made an odd noise and let out a deep breath, not waking. "Okay, just rest then." He kissed her on the cheek and went upstairs to help coach Kaylyn.

Pierce reentered the bedroom in the wee hours of the morning and leaned over to wake Audrey. She was still lying in bed, her back to the door. "It's a boy. They named him Xander."

No response. "Audrey? Sweetie?" He touched her face. Something there didn't feel quite right. "Audrey?"

He turned her face towards him, and he knew.

There was nothing there. She was gone.

Pierce crumpled to his knees and buried his face in the pillow next to Audrey. To experience such joy in the arrival of a new grandchild, and then to lose the woman he had spent his life with, was too much to bear.

Everything around him went black except for Audrey's peaceful face. He stayed this way for hours, consumed with his sadness, refusing to move. Bert tried to ease him away, but gave up after a few minutes, leaving him alone to grieve.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:19 pm
Aw... darn... very sad

Bellevue