Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Bellevue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Lydia
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:45 pm
Yay, big update! I love it! You got some great shots on this one. They really help to flesh out the story rather than just illustrate it. My favorite is the one of Amin crashed out on the couch. Too cute!

More, more, more!

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:11 pm

"Everything's gonna be fine," Malcolm whispered to Ginny as he guided her to a seat at the dining room table. Ginny managed a weak smile at his reassurance.

Pierce and Audrey were taking their seats as well. All they knew was that Malcolm and Ginny had something very important to discuss with them. They assumed it could be only one thing: Malcolm was already considering marriage to Ginny and wanted to talk it over with them first.

"Alright," said Audrey with a smile. "Tell us the good news."

Pierce turned expectantly towards Ginny as well. With both of her parents sitting there staring at her, she felt more intimidated by these circumstances than ever.

Ginny gulped and looked at Malcolm, suddenly panic-stricken. Malcolm patted her arm and nodded with a tiny smile which revealed that he was as nervous about this as she was. Ginny turned back to her parents, met her father's gaze, and delivered the news.

Pierce's smile slowly disappeared from his face. His eyes darted from Ginny to Malcolm and back to Ginny. "You're sure?" he asked.

Ginny nodded. "We went to the doctor this afternoon."

Pierce closed his eyes and exhaled. This was definitely not the news he was expecting. He wasn't stupid. He had a pretty good idea of what went on between the two of them when no one else was around. He remembered what it was like when he and Sylvia were first dating.

This certainly wasn't the first, or even the second, unplanned pregnancy for his daughters. Both of Laura's children had been surprises. But it seemed different now that it was Ginny because she wasn't even out of high school yet.

"Are you ok, honey?" Audrey was asking him.

Pierce nodded, his jaw clenched slightly. But was he?

This was ridiculous. This shouldn't be bothering him like this. He loved his children no matter what, and honestly, he couldn't have wished for a better match for Ginny. He liked Malcolm.

His fifth child, having a baby. That made him feel...old. And for some reason that didn't feel right.

Ginny closed her eyes and prayed the ground would swallow her up. Dad was mad. She had expected this to be hard, but there's really no way you can prepare yourself fully for the anger of a parent when you know you've done something to disappoint them. She chastised herself for letting things get out of hand without taking adequate precautions.

The tension in the room was nearly a solid mass. Malcolm cleared his throat hesitantly. "I just want you to know that I fully intend on doing the right thing here, sir."

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:16 pm

Malcolm fiddled around in his jacket pocket and pulled out a small jewelry box.

A smile began to cross Ginny's face as she prepared herself for the question she knew was coming.

"I love you. You're the first girl I've ever met that has really cared about me." He handed the box to her and she opened it.

"This belonged to my mother. I received it after the funeral. I've been carrying it around for about a week now, thinking about giving it to you. Now I've got the perfect excuse."

She didn't even let him ask the question. Besides it being the right thing to do, she really did love him. Even though their official relationship was only a couple of months old, she had grown to know him very well during their friendship beforehand. She knew he meant what he said, and she knew he would take care of her and their child.

She took the ring and placed it on her own finger, looked up at him, and smiled.

"I take that as a yes?" he asked, as he stroked her hand.

She smiled shyly. "Yes."

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:16 pm

After a few more strained attempts at conversation, Malcolm decided it was best if he left. He gave Ginny a quick peck on the lips, then said goodbye to his child.

"Guess we'll see you in a few months, little one!"

He looked back up at Ginny and saw her smiling down at him, obviously amused. "You're going to be one of those silly daddies, aren't you?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

He kissed her again, this time much deeper, and took his leave of the family for the evening.

When Ginny turned around, her father was standing there. She hesitated to say anything at first because she didn't know exactly how angry he was with her.

"Dad, I'm really sorry." She looked down, afraid to look him in the eyes.

"What for?" He placed a hand on each of her shoulders and stooped down to meet her gaze. Now that she was standing this close to him, she realized that there was no anger in his expression.

"I'm not angry with you, if that's what you're worried about. I do wish that you hadn't gotten yourself into this situation. But I believe everything happens for a reason, so we just have to see what comes of this."

Pierce hugged his daughter warmly, and Ginny felt the tension evaporate. He was her father, first and foremost. He loved her regardless. She finally understood that she should never be afraid to come to him for anything, no matter what the problem was.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:20 pm
Lydia wrote:
Yay, big update! I love it! You got some great shots on this one. They really help to flesh out the story rather than just illustrate it. My favorite is the one of Amin crashed out on the couch. Too cute!

More, more, more!

Thanks! I've been learning a lot of new techniques lately, especially from the Deception Pass story. The girl that does the simming for that story has shared some of her techniques if you check the Outtakes section and go up to the previous gallery. Tons of extra goodies there!

=-)
Sammie5460
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:59 pm
I've been reading your story for a while now and wanted to let you know I am in love with it! LOL. It looks like you have a fun time writing it too. This story made me want to write my own, so I've been working on one. Grin Thanks for writing it

sims 2 rocks!
Re: =-)
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Sammie5460 wrote:
I've been reading your story for a while now and wanted to let you know I am in love with it! LOL. It looks like you have a fun time writing it too. This story made me want to write my own, so I've been working on one. Grin Thanks for writing it

Thank you! I'm having a blast with it! I was beginning to get worried I was annoying the heck out of people with it. The last few posts have been kind of dry and short, but I had the day off and was able to play catch-up. I got a lot of background stuff done like getting all the college kids (Bert, Abigail, Kaylyn, Julie) thisclose to graduation so I can ship off the adoptees and get Bert and Kaylyn moved in...then things should get interesting. wink

Sammie5460
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:10 pm
Haha. You are definitely not annoying me. happy7 I check the site a few times a day to check up on the stories I've been reading. LOL. I'll be waiting for yours to get "interesting." I think it already is though. I can't wait. I hope my story will be half as good as yours!

sims 2 rocks!
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:02 pm
I'm keeping up with it too. Very enjoyable, I'm really interested in your characters! Now if only greg would get Sheba & Gang out of Limbo...

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 am
Oh darn. It has been a long time since I've added to Sheba's story! blush

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:48 pm

After breaking that bit of news to her parents, Ginny spent a lot of time alone over the next several days to give it all a chance to sink in. Though Pierce had said he wasn't angry with her, she knew something was bothering him and felt that it was best not to broach the subject.

Pierce spent a fair amount of time sulking as well. He had been telling the truth. Though a little disappointed in her lack of judgment, he wasn't angry with Ginny. In fact, he was actually a little impressed with how she was handling the aftermath. He had a lot of respect for Malcolm as well for not backing out of the situation.

What was eating Pierce was this. He simply wasn't quite ready to let his youngest daughter go yet. She was still his baby girl, and to give her away was like giving away the last piece of his youth.

He startled Ginny out of her thoughts when he came into her bedroom. He pulled up a chair next to her bed and she sat up, ready to listen to whatever it was he had come to say.

"I don't want you to feel like you have to rush out because of this," he said. He reached out for her left hand, and his fingers intertwined with hers. He gazed transfixed at the way the light danced off the diamond on the engagement ring she now wore. "I like Malcolm just fine, and I'm glad he's not leaving you high and dry. It's your decision if you want to go ahead and marry him. But I think I'd like you to stay here until the baby's born, at least. We've been through four pregnancies ourselves and I assisted with Laura's second. I'd feel better if you were here when it was time."

Ginny smiled at her father, mostly out of relief. She squeezed his hand affectionately. "I'd really like that," she said quietly. "I'm not in a hurry to move out. I'd feel better myself going through this here, with you guys. Malcolm's house is pretty far away, you know."

Pierce smiled sadly and nodded. He patted Ginny on the knee as he excused himself, trying to hold his composure till he was alone.

Within the privacy of his bedroom, Pierce studied himself in the mirror. His baby girl would only be with him for a few more months, and no matter how hard he tried, he could not see himself as old enough to be giving away his youngest daughter in marriage, or about to be a grandfather for the sixth time (thanks in large part to Beverly and Orlando's triplets).

When the tears started flowing they surprised him, but he allowed himself to be immersed in the emotion for a few minutes. The weight of the sadness he had been feeling ever since Ginny's announcement had finally reached its breaking point. It actually felt good to just break down, alone, without his wife or his children around to worry about him.

A few moments was all it took. Pierce relaxed in a hot bath, and by the time he emerged from the bathroom his eyes had lost their redness, and no one was the wiser.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:51 pm
Ginny wasn't the only one getting married, of course. There was a wedding boom in the family. Abigail and Julie finally got around to making their relationship official, and Bert had moved back home, bringing Kaylyn with him. The first order of business was their own wedding, upon Audrey's insistence.

"Hey, little sister," Bert said to Ginny after finding her in Pierce's room, clicking away madly on the computer.

"Hey, Billy Idol," she said without looking up.

Bert looked slightly confused for a second, then rolled his eyes. "Ha, ha. 'White Wedding.' I get it. How do I look? And what are you doing?"

Ginny gave Bert the once-over. "Very handsome, though you need to brush your hair." She dodged a playful slap on the back of the head. "I'm just looking up business stuff. I'll probably be helping out Malcolm once I have this baby."

"Good luck. Gonna make an appearance today or are you gonna sit in here and be a nerd?"

"Speak for yourself. Even you managed to get a 4.0 in college. It must run in this family."

"Well, everything starts in an hour. You're gonna need every second of it if you want a shot at looking decent," Bert said with a wink. Teasing Ginny had always been one of his favorite activities. At least she never took it personally.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:53 pm

As was becoming a tradition, Bert and Kaylyn tied the knot in an outdoor ceremony at the house that was to become theirs one day.

Pierce never really did come out of his depression. The more Ginny's pregnancy showed, the worse it got. He managed to make it to the wedding, but received a lot of strange looks when he was the only one that didn't bother dressing up. He paid them no attention.

When the rings were exchanged and the couple was officially married, all the guests applauded, except for Pierce. He had a bad feeling about this, but he couldn't pinpoint exactly why.

They seemed happy. Why couldn't he allow himself to be happy for them?

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:58 pm
Since the house was to become Bert and Kaylyn's eventually, they added their own savings to the family account. With the combined money they made some major renovations to the house in record time.

It wasn't long after the wedding that a small family meeting was called.

"We've got some news," Bert said.

He placed an arm around Kaylyn and smiled at her. "We're expecting a little one of our own soon."

"Oh." Pierce sat back on the sofa. He supposed he had been expecting this sooner or later, but now that it was actually happening, he didn't want to accept it.

"Are you ok, honey?" Audrey asked, after a few moments of silence.

"You've been asking me that a lot lately. I'm fine. Excuse me."

Pierce stood up abruptly and left the room, leaving everyone wondering what his problem was.

"I'm so sorry about that," Bert said to Kaylyn. "I didn't expect him to react that way. He doesn't seem happy."

"It's ok," she said. "Really, I'm not offended. He's always acted a little strange around me. He hasn't even had time to adjust to me being around full-time. I'm sure it'll be ok."

"I just wish I knew why he doesn't like you."

Once again, Pierce found himself standing in front of the mirror, puzzling over the reflection that stared back at him. He didn't hear the door open or see Audrey until she was standing right behind him.

"Sorry about that," he said before she had a chance to speak. "Don't ask me to explain, because I can't. I don't even know what's wrong with me.

Audrey moved closer to Pierce and rubbed his back as his attention turned back towards his reflection. "What's your secret?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"How on earth do you manage to stay looking so young? I've noticed it for a while now. You're not showing the slightest bit of wear and tear."

"Hmm. Never really thought about it," Pierce lied. The truth was, he did think about it a lot, more so lately than ever before. He had felt for a long time that something was strange. Audrey looked her age, while Pierce could pass for Bert's brother rather than his father. His younger brother, even. Pierce didn't have a secret. He wished he did; he'd be a billionaire marketing that secret to every other person on the planet that sought the fountain of youth. "I guess it's in my genes," he said. Then he caught Audrey's eye in the mirror and turned towards her.

"Or maybe being married to you keeps me young," he said with a grin, the first smile to cross his face in months that hadn't been forced. He pulled Audrey close to him. After all these years, being with her still gave him butterflies.

"Too bad it doesn't work the other way around," Audrey said as Pierce held her.

"Trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be," said Pierce.

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:02 pm

Finally, a bit of news came for Pierce that cheered him up rather than fueling his depression. Despite their age, social services called them one last time and offered them a chance at a real adoption. Baby Jasmine arrived a few days later to much fanfare in the household, though Pierce wouldn't let anyone else pry her out of his arms for several hours.

In fact, it took Ginny waddling into the family room clutching her stomach for Pierce to set Jasmine in her crib.

"Daddy?"

"Oh! It's ok! I've done this before!" Pierce said with more than a hint of panic in his voice. "Just breathe!"

In her father's expert hands, Ginny safely delivered a baby girl, and immediately called Malcolm with the news.

Malcolm dropped what he was doing immediately and came straight over. He didn't even make it to the steps before Ginny pounced on him.

"Come see her! Come see Lydia!"

Inside the house, Malcolm held Lydia, who made a great fuss about being awoken from a nap. "Looks like she's got your mother's eyes, unless there's something you're not telling me," he said with a wink.

Ginny giggled. "Nope. I think you're right about that."

As Malcolm acquainted himself with his new daughter, Ginny held Lydia's tiny hand and tried to soothe her. It worked, and when her cries subsided, Malcolm looked at Ginny. "Do you think you're ready?"

Ginny's eyes widened. So it was time. She looked over and saw her father watching them, his eyes shining. He nodded slightly, and Ginny looked back at Malcolm.

"Give me a second, ok?"

Ginny approached Pierce and gave him a big hug. "Bye, Daddy. Thanks for everything. I love you."

Pierce kissed Ginny goodbye. "I love you, too, sweetie. Take care of my granddaughter, ok? And I'll see you in a few weeks for the wedding."

Ginny nodded. She wanted to comfort her father and promise him a visit or a phone call every day, but found that she couldn't say anything more due to the knot in her own throat. The tears had spilled out of his eyes, though she could tell he had been trying to fight them. It was the most heartbreaking thing she had ever witnessed.

She took Lydia from Malcolm and followed him out to his car. Before they drove off, she took one last look at the house she had grown up in. Pierce was standing in the doorway, holding a hand over his mouth, still fighting a losing battle with his emotions. Audrey stood behind him with a hand on his shoulder. Ginny waved goodbye, then looked towards the road ahead and towards her future.

Bellevue