Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic HELP! Hot Date Trauma
HELP! Hot Date Trauma
KKochenour
New SimsHost Friend
Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:26 pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I thought maybe I could get an answer to my question here . . . help

OK - Here's my situation:

I have the sims complete collection, which you may or may not know is a real pain when you're trying to uninstall it, ANYWAY, I'm trying to get new clothes to buy downtown, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to work. It says I have seven expansion packs, which I assume are; Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin' Magic. I've put it in Expansion 2 & 3, neither worked. Another question - should there already be a BuySkins folder in the Expansion folder, because I looked and couldn't find one, so I made one myself. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong, I've been trying this all day and am REALLY frustrated!

Thank You! geek

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:52 pm
If you're talking about newly downloaded buyable clothes, they all go in USERDATA\SKINS with the rest of the downloaded clothes. I've never put them anywhere else and it works perfectly.

If you insist on putting them elsewhere, it's in ExpansionShared\BuySkins. The folder should have been created when you installed the game and have the Maxis buyable skins in it. However, FileCop can't check the skins in this folder.

Delete the BuySkins you created after moving the files to where they should be, since obviously, it doesn't do anything for you.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
HELP! Hot Date Trauma