Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: The Pleasantview Experiment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
equinoxx
Super SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:45 pm
PVX: An Interlude (1/2)

Just wanted to make an appearance to reassure you that The Pleasantview Experiment hasn't had its funding pulled or anything like that. There's more on the way.

Like many Hollywood productions, PVX shoots out-of-sequence (translation: I get bored, and hop around to play other lots for a while). And from time to time, there are unexpected happenings on set. That's right: it's time for another round of outtakes. This batch is from a storyline that's not scheduled to debut for another two or three chapters, at least... so look on it as a little preview.

He may be too short to reach the Spaghetti-O's on the top shelf of the fridge, but he's long on sex appeal. Ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to introduce...

BEAU BROKE, CHICK MAGNET!

Beau had a couple of visitors by the house when the stork delivered his new baby
brother, Ethan. Note Tosha Go already working on her long-range romantic plans.

Beau's magnetism appeals to inappropriately older women, as well. Keep a lid on
it, Sandy... for your own sake!

Even Miss Hiatt, the bus driver, can't resist Beau's charms!

Of course, it looks like baby brother Ethan is shaping up to be quite a little ladykiller
himself. As Beau and Tosha offer their congratulations on the new arrival, Brandi
wonders whether she can talk part-time papergirl Amy Jones into some occasional
babysitting. Ethan, meantime, appears to be thinking that he picked a darn good
time to make his debut.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:48 pm
PVX: An Interlude (2/2)

And speaking of the newest member of Clan Broke, let's give a nice, warm welcome to...

ETHAN, THE MIRACLE MITE!

Seems that Ethan just made a new br— er, best friend.

"Stick around, folks... I'm just getting started!"

Ethan has a little present for his friend Mr. Bear... a POWERBOMB! Vince McMahon
may want to keep an eye on this kid.

"Will somebody get a ref down here, for crying out loud? If I could count to three,
I'd do it myself!"

Anyway... hopefully this will tide you over for a bit. More PVX is coming soon!

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:55 pm
Outtakes are such fun!

Quote:
Note Tosha Go already working on her long-range romantic plans.

*8)

Quote:
"If I could count to three, I'd do it myself!"

*8) *8)
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:58 pm
Quote:
That's right: it's time for another round of outtakes

Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

nanci2121
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:18 am
hehe love the powerbomb picture
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:33 am
Gotta love being able to work a WWE reference into a Sims story!! YAY!!!

equinoxx
Super SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:31 pm
Chapter Four
Meetings of the Minds
(1/2)

Cassandra Goth answered her front door to find Nina Caliente standing on the other side.

"Hi," Nina said. "We need to talk."

"If it's about Don, we have nothing to talk about," Cassandra said, as Nina effortlessly breezed past her and into the house.

"Believe me, the last thing this is about is Don Lothario," Nina told her. "But for what its worth, I'm sorry about the way things worked out with you two, and for my part in it."

"Uh, thank you." Cassandra was throughly confused. Part of her demanded that she seethe with anger at this brazen woman, who'd slept with her fiancée, and just now strolled into her home as though she owned the place... but for some strange reason, she couldn't help but feel a strange sort of admiration toward her. She'd only known her by reputation beforehand, and thirty seconds into their first face-to-face meeting, she was beginning to actually like Nina Caliente!

"So, what is it we need to talk about?" Cassandra asked.

"Family," Nina said, simply.

"What family?"

"THE family," Nina stressed. "Yours. Mine. Ours."

"Okay, you're not making any sense, here. In fact, you're starting to scare me a little," Cassandra admitted, taking a step back. Nina closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

"I know, I know. I'm rushing this. But it's important, so please bear with me." Nina took a moment to focus before continuing. "You know that your father has been seeing my sister, Dina." Cassandra nodded. "Well, she's claiming that they're engaged." Cassandra's eyes went wide at this news. "She said something about Mortimer needing to talk to Alexander first."

"That's the first thing you've said that actually makes sense," Cassandra muttered.

"Uh... okay," Nina responded, clearly not getting it. "Anyway, there's something I think Mortimer should know, but Dina refuses to tell him."

"So why come to me?"

"Because if I went to your father, he'd just think I was trying to derail the wedding."

"And you're not?"

"Look, if they're really in love and want to spend their lives together, I don't have a problem with it. I'll be the first in line to wish them the best. But I know my sister. She wants money, and lots of it. And I think that's the main reason she wants to marry your father. I— I'd just feel better about the whole thing if she'd simply come clean."

"'Come clean' about what?" Cassandra asked.

"Before we came to Pleasantview," Nina sighed, "Dina was married. To your uncle Michael." Cassandra's eyes narrowed.

"Mother's brother? We haven't heard from him... since before Alex was born."

"Well, I can tell you that for the last three years of his life, he was married to my sister, and ran a dry cleaning business in West Boveena."

"The last three years...?" Nina closed her eyes, and sighed.

"He died, five years ago. The police called it 'suspicious circumstances.' Dina inherted the dry cleaners, and sold it cheap. I think she was banking on his life insurance, but they refused to pay the claim. Shortly after that, we moved here." Cassandra moved to her sofa, and sat heavily. Nina perched beside her. "I'm sorry."

"I don't know what you expected me to do with this, Nina," Cassandra began, and before Nina could utter a syllable in response, she continued, "but if your sister thinks she's marrying my father for money, she's in for a surprise!"

"What are you going to do?" Nina asked. Cassandra smiled.

"I'm going to pick out a wedding gift. I think I know just the thing."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:34 pm
Chapter Four
Meetings of the Minds
(2/2)

That afternoon, once Alexander had returned from school, Mortimer asked the boy to sit with him in the parlor. For several long moments, the old man fidgeted in his seat, trying to come up with the right words to share with his son.

"Father," Alexander finally said, in good-natured exasperation, "will you just spit it out? All that squirming you're doing is wearing a hole in the seat of my pants!" Mortimer cleared his throat.

"Yes. Well, son... as you're aware, I've lately been spending time with Miss Caliente, Dina," he specified, quickly. Alexander smiled.

"Is that what this is about? You were making me nervous, Father! So, you're gonna get married, huh?"

"It... is a bit more complicated than—" Mortimer began.

"Did you ask her yet?" Alexander interrupted.

"Actually, she asked me," Mortimer admitted.

"And what did you say?"

"I explained to her that before I could contemplate such a step, I needed to speak with you, to make sure you understood and were comfortable with—"

"You pinned this on me?! Look, Father, if you want to get married, get married. If you don't want to get married, don't. But don't leave me holding the bag! That's not fair!"

"Alexander," mortimer sighed, "you are my child. You are my life. I must carefully weigh any decision that affects you so materially. I cannot enter into this lightly."

"Father, you've been lonely since we lost Mother. Cassandra and I both know that. We want you to be happy. If Miss Dina makes you happy, you should go for it. Not that you need it, but for whatever it means, you've got my blessing." Mortimer beamed with pride and affection for his son.

"Thank you, Alexander. It does mean a lot." The boy looked up at his father with a nervous grin.

"You don't think she's gonna try to send me off to boarding school, do you?"

. . .

Cassandra was moving on after the dissolution of her troth to Don Lothario. She had long been friendly with Darren Dreamer, and now she began spending more time with him, even consenting to model for him in his studio.

She enjoyed being with Darren and his son Dirk, and found herself growing closer with the rising artist. Darren, for his part, had long been smitten with Cassandra, and welcomed the opportunity to share her company. Young Dirk also quickly became fond of his dad's slightly quirky, definitely cool girlfriend, who seemed to know just about everything about everything and could even kick his butt at SSX3.

"Dad, can you save the mush for some other time?" Dirk asked one evening, as his father tried to utter a few sweet nothings into Cassandra's ear in the midst of a particularly heated tournament. "We're kinda busy here."

"Really, Darren," Cassandra added, "there are bragging rights at stake!" With that, Darren laughed, sat back and cheered both combatants on equally.

A few days later, Cassandra found an interesting letter in her mailbox, and ran to the phone to dial up Darren.

"Hey, sweetie," she cooed. "What are you doing this weekend? Well, it seems there's this wedding, and I could use a date."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:35 pm
Chapter Five
Standing on Ceremony
(1/2)

The guests had begun to gather in the foyer of Mortimer Goth's home. Dina felt a frisson of excitement rush along her spine when she realized that both the mayor and Captain Hero were among her wedding guests!

Mortimer, meanwhile, had come to look with fondness on the wedding arch in his backyard, the same arch under which he once feared his only daughter would marry Don Lothario.

The catering service had booked several jobs since Cassandra's aborted wedding, and while they had no servers available, they readily agreed to drop off a buffet and a cake for Mortimer and Dina's nuptial celebration. They even threw in a little extra guest seating at no charge.

Having the mayor at his wedding wasn't as much a matter of prestige to Mortimer as to Dina. Actually, she was there as her husband's date. Mortimer had grown quite friendly with Dan Pleasant, particularly in the last couple of years. In addition to the Pleasants, John and Jennifer Burb attended, along with their daughter Lucy, to whom Mortimer felt Alexander had taken quite a shine. He grinned when he spotted the children sneaking glances at one another across the aisle.

Captain Hero, meanwhile, had been quite a surprise. Apparently, Dina had sent him a fan letter of some sort, including an invitation to the wedding, and astonishingly, he'd accepted! Dina had also invited, somewhat grudgingly, her sister Nina, as well as her friend Brandi Broke.

No one was exactly sure whether anyone had invited her or she just decided to crash, but even young Tosha Go stopped by, mingled for a bit, and then left, just as the ceremony was beginning.

"...with all that I have and all that I am, I take you to be my wife," Mortimer intoned, slipping a gold band on Dina's left hand. And with a kiss, the deal was sealed, and Dina Caliente was Mrs. Mortimer Goth.

Mortimer couldn't look away from Dina's eyes during their first dance. Even the DJ's electric pink tuxedo seemed oddly appropriate to the occasion.

"Happy?" Mortimer asked, as he spun Dina across the lawn.

"Mm-hm. Deliriously," she answered, before lowering her head to his shoulder.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:36 pm
Chapter Five
Standing on Ceremony
(2/2)

Soon, they were feeding one another the first bites of wedding cake, under the watchful gazes of Alexander and Captain Hero, while the other guests mingled. Somehow, it seemed terribly important to Mortimer that everything be perfect. He didn't want anything to go wrong with this day, for Dina's sake.

Alexander got his father's attention, and pulled him aside. "Did you ask her about the boarding school thing?" he asked, in a stage whisper. Mortimer chuckled.

"I'm afraid it hasn't come up yet," he replied. "But I promise, I won't forget." That seemed to mollify the boy, for the moment, at least.

As the afternoon wore on, the dancing kicked into high gear. When the Smustle began, it seemed almost no one was immune. Nearly every one of the guests realized with surprise that they shouldn't have been shocked at how talented a dancer Captain Hero turned out to be, given his inherent grace and athleticism.

"Years of training," he'd say, with a knowing smile, whenever someone complimented him on his moves. "And the jet boots don't hurt."

Eventually, the festivities began to wind down, and the guests began to head home. Soon, everyone but Nina and Cassandra had left. Nina and Alexander had bonded almost instantly, and the redhead had offered to look after her new nephew while Dina and Mortimer were off on their honeymoon.

"It was a lovely ceremony," Cassandra told Dina, giving her a hug. "Truly lovely."

"Why, thank you, Cassandra. It means so much that you were part of today," Dina responded. "To me as well as your father." Then, Cassandra produced an envelope from her purse.

"Here," she said, handing the envelope to Dina. "Just a little something to say 'welcome back to the family.'"

"Oh, how sweet!" Dina gushed. "Wait... 'welcome back to...'?" Cassandra smiled at her.

"You know," Cassandra went on, "I'm still having trouble figuring out what to call you now. I mean, 'Mom' just doesn't really feel appropriate, and you were 'Auntie Dina' first, but that doesn't really apply anymore, either, does it?" Dina's mouth dropped open, but no sound came out. "Is it okay if I just call you 'Dina'?" The newlywed blonde continued to stand in shock, like a deer in the headlights.

"You... wha—?" she finally muttered.

"Well, if it's not okay, just let me know. I really should be going now, though. Enjoy your honeymooon. Let's have lunch when you get back." With that, Cassandra turned and strode out the front door.

Dina swallowed, and blinked, unsure of what to do or say. Suddenly, she realized she was still holding the envelope Cassandra had given her, and with trembling hands, spent several moments worrying it open. Finally, she opened it and looked inside, her mouth dropping open once again.

Inside was a check for fifty thousand simoleons.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:26 pm
Oooooooh.....more more more!!! embarrassed Uh, please.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:43 am
equinoxx wrote:
...ran a dry cleaning business in West Boveena...

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:19 am
Greg wrote:
equinoxx wrote:
...ran a dry cleaning business in West Boveena...

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Do they do shoes?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:39 pm
You're putting more drama in the Goth story than I did in my game...and that's saying a lot! Looking forward to the next installment! smile

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:56 am
Wonderful story! Loooking forward to the next installment!
:story: The Pleasantview Experiment