Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Vita Bella
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:22 pm
Greg wrote:
You were right the first time. They were virgins when they got pregnant the first time. All the mysterious stranger did was walk by the lot.

One of the guys at MTS2 make the big table. It comes in two pieces--the end and the leaves--so you can assemble an even huger table.

OK-thanks for clearing that up. I've never used TOLAD, so I didn't know you could make sims pregnant that way.

I'll hafta see if I can find that table...sounds great!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:55 am
miros1 wrote:
And the second set of pregnancies?

Apparently I triggered a bug. My current guess is that I triggered it by first getting them pregnant on one lot with the TOLAD and then using the TOLAD to move them to another lot.

What I know so far:
    a. The women are not aging; however, Gregsim and the children are aging.

b. A pregnancy clock started when they moved to another lot. The timing indicates that it started one hour before they moved, which would have had to happen in the big 17-member household. In actual game play, none of them were making babies at that time and the "try for baby" option was not available in the large household.

c. Their second pregnancies progressed normally. They looked and acted pregnant after the 2nd trimester but not in the 1st trimester.

d. So far, the father of the second crop is Gregsim again.

e. Danny's DMA Sims Controller shows them as testing NEGATIVE for pregnancy.

f. Even though they were already pregnant, they had the "try for baby" option.

g. I've only used the "try for baby" option once, with Seven of Eight, to see what happens. She shows as being pregnant, carrying twins. Weirdness: There were a couple of episodes where she bounced between the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

h. This is the weirdest fantasy Sheba has come up with yet.

I haven't had a chance to play long enough to find out if they recover from this condition with their second pregnancy. They might turn out to be perpetually pregnant.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:11 am
Greg wrote:
a. The women are not aging; however, Gregsim and the children are aging.

Um, can I get one of those TOLADs for my real backyard? Sounds even better than a lifetime supply of elixir!

Greg wrote:
g. I've only used the "try for baby" option once, with Seven of Eight, to see what happens. She shows as being pregnant, carrying twins. Weirdness: There were a couple of episodes where she bounced between the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Bet they don't get born at the same time!

Greg wrote:
h. This is the weirdest fantasy Sheba has come up with yet.

I haven't had a chance to play long enough to find out if they recover from this condition with their second pregnancy. They might turn out to be perpetually pregnant.

Um, that might be the problem... It's Sheba's fantasy, and she's preggo all the time!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:40 am
Yup. We already know She's a hacker! She has hacked your game to deliver the goods Sheba-style. WHAT are you going to do with all those babies? flower
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:15 pm
Sita wrote:
Yup. We already know She's a hacker! She has hacked your game to deliver the goods Sheba-style. WHAT are you going to do with all those babies? flower

Rolling on the Floor Laughing That's got to be it!

The trouble is, if this keeps up, the neighborhood will be entirely overrun with boys and girls who are all either full or half siblings.

That pretty much puts a damper on subsequent generations. Sheba has some weird fantasies but I don't think She's that kinky!

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Greg wrote:
Sheba has some weird fantasies but I don't think She's that kinky!

Oh yeah? Watch Me! I can think of things you don't dare write about! lol

Quoting Myself: "What evil lurks in the hearts of women? The Sheba knows!"
hiding

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:23 pm
Sheba wrote:
Oh yeah? Watch Me! I can think of things you don't dare write about! lol

embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

Stop that!

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 pm
Greg wrote:
The trouble is, if this keeps up, the neighborhood will be entirely overrun with boys and girls who are all either full or half siblings.

That pretty much puts a damper on subsequent generations. Sheba has some weird fantasies but I don't think She's that kinky!

That's what NPCs are for...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:43 pm
Yeah, what it reallly means is that I won't be able to play those houses in strict rotation for long or otherwise I'll have an uncontrollable population explosion. I can't figure out a way to have the kids grow up normally without manufacturing all those siblings, though.

On the other hand, this whole idea might much ado about nothing. If the spontaneous pregnancies stop after this crop, there's no problem.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:10 pm
Thought you liked population explosions? Or is it that you aren't keen on marrying Townies? I will be very interested to watch the unfolding of Her plan!
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:19 pm
Sita wrote:
Thought you liked population explosions? Or is it that you aren't keen on marrying Townies? I will be very interested to watch the unfolding of Her plan!

Population explosions are fun, but I was trying to play these houses in rotation with my own silly legacy rules. That's going to be hard to do if each of eight moms produces eight new babies during the oldest child's 26-day childhood.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:41 am
Does your legacy allow you to use the DMA nannies?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:38 am
Sita wrote:
Does your legacy allow you to use the DMA nannies?

I haven't had very good luck with the DMA nanny so I don't call her, but if you like her behavior, a live-in nanny definitely would fit the goal of having sims behave more like sane human beings.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Yes, she works well for me - except if there is a tanning bed* in the house. I won't post pics but I am sure you can imagine... shocked Sheba actually dismissed more than one nanny for wandering about starkers for this reason, though the toddlers didn't mind a bit.

(*Numenor's tanning bed, where they sunbathe nude of course. The NPCs regularly forget to put their clothes back on.)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:39 pm
Sita wrote:
Yes, she works well for me - except if there is a tanning bed* in the house. I won't post pics but I am sure you can imagine... shocked Sheba actually dismissed more than one nanny for wandering about starkers for this reason, though the toddlers didn't mind a bit.

(*Numenor's tanning bed, where they sunbathe nude of course. The NPCs regularly forget to put their clothes back on.)

My experience with Danny's Nannies hasn't been that great. When I first tried her, my kids still got kidnapped. He fixed that, but the nanny didn't seem to be much more than another sim to clutter up the household.

You're probably right about toddlers and naked nannies. I'd guess that in real life kids don't care much about nudity until adults tell them to care about it. I think it's a cultural more--not necessarily a bad thing since clothing has been the standard for every civilized society in recorded human history, but nevertheless, just a cultural thing. Obviously Sheba wants her toddlers to grow up well-adjusted to the local culture.

I didn't know about Numenor's tanning bed. Do the sims like it? (Do they actually get tan?)

:story: Vita Bella