Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Vita Bella
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:39 pm
It always happens that way. When you start writing a story, you think you're in control. Then the characters take over and do what they want to do, and the tales grows in the telling. Always.

Sheba is just a bit more emphatic about it than any of my other characters. It looks like I'll have to work harder to keep Her in line. She's the first one Who has escaped to the 'net!

That's the first I've heard of Populus so I looked it up. It sounds like it could be a fun game, though I fear that after you've learned the technique it would turn into the same old grind. It's difficult, if not impossible, to program a game that allows for the player to be creative.

It might be even more difficult to write an electronic opponent who can match the human player once he's figured out the techniques. Even Civ II relies on cheating, rather than a more wise AI, to play at increasing levels of difficulty.

That's why you need a gamesmaster for the really great games. (And it's why when I'm the gamemaster, players who wave rule books at me tend to find themselves sitting under thunderstorms.)

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:46 pm
Sita wrote:
lol hiding that's the spirit, Greg. It gets a little worrying when our creations start to try to take over the universe.

And yes, Populous had some good ideas!

blackeye so long as you remember which one is the deity! hippy2

BTW Sheba, I just downloaded a great Athene skin - how do You feel about working with a different Deity in my game?

Yup, no doubt about it! I know who's the deity here! Let there be no mistake!

B'b'but, an in-game Deity! Wow! We've never had one of those before! I've always been an Odin kind of gal, so if we're going to go Greek, Athena would be my choice!
smile

Oh, and Artemis, too! The original Artemis, of course--the one from Greece; not that Roman troll or the Etruscan pomegranate.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:54 pm
Greg wrote:

That's the first I've heard of Populus so I looked it up. It sounds like it could be a fun game, though I fear that after you've learned the technique it would turn into the same old grind. It's difficult, if not impossible, to program a game that allows for the player to be creative.

Yes Populous does get repetitive but it's a lot of fun - I can't load it on this machine, doesn;t like Win 2000 or somepin'. It's one of the things I played before I discovered Sims!

Quote:
(And it's why when I'm the gamemaster, players who wave rule books at me tend to find themselves sitting under thunderstorms.)

hehe I have a weather machine....
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:04 am
I'll have to keep that in mind. A few well-placed lightning bolts would be an effective way to remind a Certain Someone who's the boss around here, should the need again arise.

Besides, I have to get that babe back to work! As I recall, the last time we heard from Her, She was slacking off in Baumdoubt Valley while the rest of the world is falling down around Her ears.

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:50 pm
Greg wrote:
I'll have to keep that in mind. A few well-placed lightning bolts would be an effective way to remind a Certain Someone who's the boss around here, should the need again arise.

Besides, I have to get that babe back to work! As I recall, the last time we heard from Her, She was slacking off in Baumdoubt Valley while the rest of the world is falling down around Her ears.

You're going to spoil all my fun, aren't you?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:05 pm
Sheba wrote:
You're going to spoil all my fun, aren't you?

Momentous events are afoot, m'dear. The vacation will soon be over. But you don't know that yet.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:40 am
Vita Bella
Chapter 23: A Note from the Construction Company

It's been three pages since we've had a number chapter in this disjointed Sheba dream, so I thought I'd number this one even though it really doesn't advance the plot. smile

Here's an interesting technique for planning a complex building. It assumes you have lots of money to burn on the architectural design before getting too far along with the construction.

Lay out the upper floors on the ground and then build a house around it.

For one of my attempts at building a house for 17 sims, I started by laying out the bedrooms on the ground. This was the second floor layout. By figuring out where everything on the upper story would be located in advance, I made sure that whatever I did with the first loor would fit with the plan.

It worked quite well but I never moved anyone into that house. Here's the house that The Eight occupied when they invaded Gregsim's domain.

Original Home of The Eight and The Sixteen
(Not the same house as laid out above.)

When the kids grew up I built a bunk house for them out back.

Each of the eight children need a study desk, so a great deal of the living room was given over to the hallowed halls of learning.

The kids' desks dominated the living room.

Meanwhile, back at the plot: The first batch of children are two days away from teenhood, living with their respective mothers in their respective houses.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:50 am
Vita Bella
Chapter 24: The Last Breakfast

A little flashback here. Just before the great exodus, the entire family managed to sit down to have breakfast together.

The Eight, the first half of The Sixteen, and Daddy

In fact, this was their last meal together as a family. As soon as Daddy flew off to work, each of The Eight bundled up her respective child and moved out to her own home.

----------
Quiz: Can you identify each of The Eight in this picture?
For bonus points, identify each of The Sixteen!

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:01 am
Where'd that great huge 3x6 dining table come from?
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:54 am
I was wondering the same thing about that huuuuge table.

Passing the salt could take all day at a table that big.

ANd, I'm not sure what I missed, but how were they all pregnant when they moved in to their homes originally? blush

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:08 am
The first eight kids were conceived in the normal way by Gregsim "visiting." The second eight kids were apparently glitched into existence when their moms moved back into their original houses, which they'd moved out of while pregnant the first time.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:29 am
greg wrote:

It is now Wednesday, Day 3 of the beautiful life, and we are happy to report that mothers and babies are doing well, all in their third trimester. They are all best friends and quite well along in developing their essential skills.

All of the ladies are virgins, too; however, that condition will not endure for long because each of them is determined to correct it as quickly as possible.

Oh, I was corn-fuzzled by Greg writing that "All the ladies are virgins, too".
I thought he meant they were pregnant and they were virgins. embarrassed

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:25 pm
Hm, you're right... back on page 1, it does say they're all virgins...

Maybe it was Dr. Tolad and his Infernal Insemination Device?

Oh, I found it... in a slightly later post:

Greg wrote:
Our story began with eight small lots in an otherwise empty neighborhood, each occupied by a hopeful young lady with family futures on her mind. The stranger passed from lot to lot, and as he went by, an irreversible reaction was kindled by his passage.

So it was the Gregsim imitator...

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:00 pm
You were right the first time. They were virgins when they got pregnant the first time. All the mysterious stranger did was walk by the lot.

One of the guys at MTS2 make the big table. It comes in two pieces--the end and the leaves--so you can assemble an even huger table.

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:14 pm
And the second set of pregnancies?

:story: Vita Bella