Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Vita Bella
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:57 pm
Numenor's tanning bed is a donation object I think - from Numenor's Moddings. http://www.numenor-moddings.com/
They don't get a tan confused but they do get fitter, and they enjoy it.

I'm sure what you say about kids is true, from my own experience of bringing up kids.
Nudity IS a cultural issue, but they learn from other kids when they go to school if not before - just like they learn to "be afraid" of Spiders.
Unfortunately we (and most of our Sims) live in a society that is at the same time prudish and prurient. Clothing is the norm but it does depend a lot on climate... it's too cold here AND our society has too many hangups IMHO.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:59 pm
Well, would ya look at that! Numenor has a pay site where he even goes on about his disdain for pay sites! There's got to be a story in there somewhere; such incongruity is so simmish! Rolling on the Floor Laughing

I can't think of a brilliant comment about clothing and humans. Even if I wrote a lengthy essay on observations of cultural trends throughout recorded human history, I'd still end up with only speculation as to why we wear clothes and why we have nudity taboos.

FWIW, every civilized human society has been both prudish and prurient. Some worry about it more than others, and different societies implement their prudishness in different ways, but it's so endemic to being human that, to me, to pass judgement on it would be like passing judgement on the weather.

----------
Hmm.... come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure that I really approve of weather. I like it, mind you, but all in all I'd say it's basically a bad idea.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:11 pm
Greg wrote:
You're probably right about toddlers and naked nannies. I'd guess that in real life kids don't care much about nudity until adults tell them to care about it. I think it's a cultural more--not necessarily a bad thing since clothing has been the standard for every civilized society in recorded human history, but nevertheless, just a cultural thing. Obviously Sheba wants her toddlers to grow up well-adjusted to the local culture.

In my post-install-on-the-new-computer redo of Brandi Broke's house, I got a nanny that takes incessant baths and the poor kid walked in on her naked getting into the tub. The woman also started cooking something and walked away. Then she came back, sat down, and watched it burn! Poor Brandi had to spend her entire promotion bonus replacing the fridge, stove, cabinet and dishwasher!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:01 pm
miros1 wrote:
Poor Brandi had to spend her entire promotion bonus replacing the fridge, stove, cabinet and dishwasher!

Fires destroy things?? The only time I remember losing something to a fire was when the stove got glitched and sat there with untouchable burned salmon on it forever (I think it's still sitting around somewhere on Eleanor and Kennedy's lot, in fact; it's an interesting conversation piece). So they had to buy another one. But I don't remember ever having a fire destroy anything. Did the fire squad not come and/or the sprinkler system fail?
miros1
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:20 pm
I didn't realize that Brandi's house didn't have the appropriate equipment, and the only controllable Sim in the house was the toddler... Beau had to call the fire department when he got home from school or the whole kitchen would have been gone!

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:48 am
Thank goodness Sims 2 kids know how to use the phone!

cheers
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:56 am
So if a fire burns for too long it destroys nearby things? I should do an experiment sometime. With all resident Sims safely walled away of course. *8)

(So those pictures of entire Sim houses burning down that I've been in a few stories aren't like Photoshopped? Does the game actually have graphics for whole structures burning to the ground?)
miros1
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 am
Yep, just like Sims1! I have no idea if walls can "catch" or not. Beau saved the day before that happened!

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:54 am
yes, walls cannot catch, not wallpapers, but fences and garden walls I think can, trees and bushes can, garden furniture as well as indoor furniture; don't know about staircases and platforms.
http://www.simechoes.org/stories/sims2stories/newpleasantview/newbies/lastday.html for some pics of stuff burning - I used buyable fires from MTS2.

Happy experimenting.

Wicked Evil Grin
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:38 am
Y'know, I don't think they've ever had a fire any of the nine households in Vita Bella.

Maybe I should start one so that they don't feel left out.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Vita Bella
Chapter 25: Amy

"Yikes! What am I doing in this story?"

In real (sim) life, Amy Jones is living with her boyfriend in Bonnyview Shores, but the Subconscious of Sheba seems to have had a different role for her in the fantasy world of Vita Bella. Here, she was among those who moved in to keep our Primary Guilty Party company when The Eight moved out.

Hey, it beats being kidnapped by aliens every day!

----------
In other news, I think I figured out why The Eight got pregnant as soon as soon as they moved back to their smaller lots. I moved each of them to the lot that she had previously occupied before the grand invasion of Greg's house.

I had never entered any of those lots before moving them back, so the game already had them in the inventory for the lot. In fact, they showed up doing exactly whatever they were doing when they previously left, not waiting by the mailbox.

My theory is that since each of them were pregnant at the moment she left the lot, the game loaded her as being pregnant when I re-entered the lot after moving them back in from the neighborhood screen.

This does not explain why The Eight are not aging and having aged at all on any lot.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:38 am
bump

:story: Vita Bella