Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Circe's Children
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:40 pm
Behind the Scenes at Xanadu Studios
Spoiler Warning: This note, and in fact this whole topic, could spoil the fantasy.

Yup. We learned in Chapter 30 that the nefarious stunt man was the guilty party once again.

Juliette was the stunt man's 39th child in Xanadu. It seems that boy will dip his pen in any inkwell he can find!

His trifling ways have resulted in some very complex family relationships and cause no end of difficulty for Bryce MacNab when he's working with extras. There's only so much the makeup team can do when all the extras start to look alike!

Incidentally, the real Greg and Sheba do own a house in Xanadu, a replica of Manse Orleans that they sometimes to loan to Bryce for location shoots. Their home is across the bridge over the River Alph from studio town.

Serious Spoiler Here

Nowadays, they often visit Xanadu with their wives, Dallas and Meadow.

The Bennetts' Home-Away-From-Home in Xanadu
No actors here! These are the real, original folks!

We haven't met their next-door neighbors yet, so we'll save their tale for the future. We don't want to put too many spoilers in one message!

Long-lifers seem to constantly need new adventures, but their lives in this town aren't nearly as interesting as their hijinks in Happy Valley and its environs. They just drop in to enjoy the studio city once in a while and do some consulting for Bryce MacNab, the director.

This leads to some interesting moments. Woe be to the sim who mistakes Sheba for Her on-screen movie counterpart, Sherry Doubles! (You didn't think the real Sheba would be bouncing around in public in a couple of coconuts, did you?)

Sheba is a good friend of Justine de Sade and enjoys hearing stories about Justine's exploits. While Sheba likes role-playing and can be very adventurous in Her private life, Justine actually does the things that She fantasizes about. There are some things that Sheba just wouldn't do, but Justine actually enjoys bearing the marks of her own mischief.

In at typical conversation between those two, you're very likely to hear Sheba utter "Eeuuuww" and "Oh my gawud!" and "Tell me more!" in the same breath.

In contrast, though he is flattered by the hero worship and begrudgingly admires his counterpart's tendency toward taking paternal responsibility, Greg thinks the stunt man is a total jerk.

He is much better friends with Gerard Doubles, who plays him in Sheba's Fantasy and also thinks the stunt man is a total jerk. Not surprisingly, Greg's favorite actress is Gerard's wife, Sherry, whom for some obscure reason he thinks is an absolute babe. Sheba rather likes Sherry, too, and spends a lot of Her time coaching her in how to portray the Mad Mom.

Gerard's sister, Darla Doubles, and her lover, Meade Doubles, score significant points with Greg, too. For those who know the actors, it can get a bit kinky when Gerard has an on-screen love scene with his sister but fortunately the family bonds are strong enough that they can give a very convincing performance without getting too confused in their real lives. Well, mostly, anyhow.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:50 pm
Greg wrote:
...Circe Offering the Cup to Odysseus...

Oooooh intriguing! I haven't made any new wall art for awhile... (See also Circe Invidiosa.)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:01 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:
...Circe Offering the Cup to Odysseus...

Oooooh intriguing! I haven't made any new wall art for awhile... (See also Circe Invidiosa.)

Omigoodness! John William Waterhouse speaks to my soul!

Incidentally, the folks at Wikipedia believe that his work is now in the public domain since Waterhouse has the good grace to have been dead for more than 100 years. Which, in turn, means that it's fair game for use in Sims artwork.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:31 pm
I have a page of John Williams Waterhouse in my sims 1 stuff, including Circe Idvidiosa. smile

http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/preraph.html

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:38 pm
Liss wrote:
I have a page of John Williams Waterhouse in my sims 1 stuff, including Circe Idvidiosa. smile

Very nice!
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:02 pm
Super paintings! As soon as I can afford it I am downloading....
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:25 am
~bump~

:story: Circe's Children