Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Circe's Children
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:59 pm
dmchess wrote:
*8)

Would it be unseemly to ask where the script girl got her memorable attire?

I think it's something she put together by taking a pair of scissors to some stuff she found among the studio's old wardrobes and the local thrift shop.

Do you s'pose I should take Bryce's advice and make it a download? (At least it would keep me out of the mischief I was thinking of, which was to creep up on him with my camera while he's sneaking a smoke out back of Studio One.)

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:04 pm
Sita wrote:
Time to worry for authors is when the characters start shouting back at you.... shocked

For sure! Fortunately, they're not all as camera-shy as Bryce is.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:18 pm
Greg wrote:
Do you s'pose I should take Bryce's advice and make it a download?

There'd be no objection from hereabouts. *8) I'm not sure who I'd persuade to wear it, but it'd be nice to have around just in case. (Hm, Melissa Fancey might go for it; and maybe Suzette on a particularly casual day. Oh, and Sandy Bruty. And maybe...)

Greg wrote:
(At least it would keep me out of the mischief I was thinking of, which was to creep up on him with my camera while he's sneaking a smoke out back of Studio One.)

There's something I'll bet we don't see in an EP. (Maybe in a special EU-only version.)

Love the behind-the-scenes stuff, btw.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:02 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 29: Download Desire

While Bryce was outside engaged in his atmosphere enrichment program, Delilah had a moment alone with Kristan. She apologized for jumping on her about the script.

"We really ought to be downloadable."

"Bryce is right. It really wasn't your fault, Kristan," Delilah said. "I'm sorry I snapped at you. And besides, it was a pretty good script anyhow! I think we're lots more fun than those contrived stories."

"Thanks, Delilah. It's kind of you to say that!"

"Hey, I think we ought to be downloadable! Then other folks can have fun with us! I'm sure somebody is going to want to have that outrageous outfit you wear!"

"Aw, I just sewed together these rags from some worn-out jeans. Even the top! But I dunno, it's getting pretty late. My brain is getting fuzzy, which means You Know Who's brain is getting fuzzy."

"You mean... The Writer?" Delilah said.

"Yup! He has a big day at work tomorrow, too," Kristan said. "He might not be able to stay up too late and make download topics for us."

"Darn. What do we do?"

"I know! Where's that new computer he gave us? I'll just do a lazy sim's download list and he can clean it up later." .... type ... type ... typity ... tap "Look at this!"
    SimsHost subscribers can click on these links to download the goodies:
    Kristan's Hat and Hair (686 KB) Xanadu hat, short auburn hair
    Kristan's Outfit (380 KB) red suspenders outfit in denim blue with black combat boots
    Delilah's Top (181 KB) Red v-neck with "Xanadu Studios" front and back
    Delilah's Jeans (367 KB) a darker shade of denim with light brown cowgirl boots
    Bryce's Outfit (517 KB) red leather Xanadu jacket, black silk shirt, denim blues
    Their skin tone (3.7 MB) Huge download "Corinne," a warmer light skin for all sims, with female anatomy for teen through elder
    Bryce's Love Seat (311 KB) red and gold love seat, shown above
    Xanadu Studios Sign (133 KB) "Xanadu Studios" sign, shown above, cloned from the abstract painting

"That'll work!" Delilah said. "Hey, wow! You even included our skin tone! Good idea! I really like my skin! And the love seat and even our company sign, too!"

"Yeah, I was on a roll! I hope people enjoy them!"

"This is great! I'm sure You Know Who will end up making a real download topic as soon as he can, especially now that we've made it easier for him!"

"Well, after all, it's his birthday! And this is my birthday present for him! G'night, Creator! Happy birthday!"

----------
Thanks, Kristan! And good night to you, too!

I wonder if it means something when your sims start leaving notes for you in the Hullabaloo. I shall have to ponder this. But first, I must sleep. G'night, everybody!

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:30 am
Happy birthday! And thanks! And good night! (And/or good morning!)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:55 am
Thanks, DC!

Thanks to Kristan's help, I made a download topic for the Xanadu Studios goodies.

I might note that all three Xanadu Studios staff members have the "Corinne" skin tone. It's a bit richer and more lustrous than the normal skin tone.

FWIW, Kristan's outfit is not for the faint-hearted for more reasons than the obvious. Anyone wanting to recolor it should be warned that I spent six hours working on that one skin before I got it right. It might help to use Kristan's outfit as a guide for making derivative works, which SimsHost sites have permission to do and nobody else does. But hey, at least now we know what happened to the script girl!
smile

PS: For a good time, if you download Kristan's outfit, look very closely at her tushy, which you'll probably do anyhow. lol

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:30 am
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:
(At least it would keep me out of the mischief I was thinking of, which was to creep up on him with my camera while he's sneaking a smoke out back of Studio One.)

There's something I'll bet we don't see in an EP. (Maybe in a special EU-only version.)

Someone will put out an accessory mesh of a butt to dangle from a lower lip!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:58 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 30: Insatiable Justine

As Circe moves about Xanadu with Her enigmatic ways, we come upon another victim of Her wiles. Here we introduce the strangely named, ill-fated, Miss Justine de Sade.

Justine can't get no satisfaction!
Insatiable Justine de Sade, Great With Child
Move your mouse over the picture to see Justine's wants.
Don't bother clicking on it.

With just three hours before her blessed event, Justine awoke from her nap. Her mind was filled with strange food cravings. Though it was mid-afternoon, she had a desparate desire to eat breakfast! Any breakfast!

She only has one blouse that fits, so she would really like to run downtown and buy some more clothes. Unfortunately, in these litiginous times the local taxi service won't take the risk of transporting pregnant women.

The other thought plaguing her mind was her yearning to get engaged to the stunt man who, of course, was a significant contributor to her current predicament. Tragically, that is a hopeless want; many before her have attempted to get the stunt man to the altar and it's not likely that Justine will have any more success than they.

With the cards stacked against her, it looks like Justine will be suffering in a high degree of frustration from unsatisfied wants when her baby arrives. To add to her grief, she worries about this because she knows that a frustrated mother does not bode well for the new baby.

Sadly, there is absolutely nothing she can do about it. Oh tragedy! Thy name is Justine! She can only wait, and hope, and accept whatever hand life deals for her. If only someone had told her about the stunt man before she got involved with him!

I like to keep pregnant ladies maxed out in the platinum range because this seems to result in babies being born with more personality points. You can see that I was doing well with Justine until just now. With only three hours left in her pregnancy, I'm hoping she will stay platinum until her baby is born.

For some reason, I find this to be a very humorous situation.

I created Justine in response to a special request. As her name implies, she is quite emphatically not your normal sim. She was quite a challenge and turned out rather well for the subject matter (which was the fun part), but I'm still debating with myself about whether to tell her tale or to make her downloadable. She would need to be guarded by an adults-only door dragon and a separate warning screen about the extreme content.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:42 pm
We need a door-dragonned place for that sort of story... on Hullabaloo or somewhere - on the server?

:violent2:
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:49 pm
Sita wrote:
We need a door-dragonned place for that sort of story... on Hullabaloo or somewhere - on the server?

:violent2:

That's a tought. I could put a door dragon at the entrance to H4, which is already set up and running. That would require signing in twice because the adults-only door dragon checks against the SimsHost user database, but it would work! I think.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:19 pm
Greg wrote:
As her name implies, she is quite emphatically not your normal sim. She was quite a challenge and turned out rather well for the subject matter (which was the fun part), but I'm still debating with myself about whether to tell her tale or to make her downloadable.

You've certainly got me fascinated! *8)

I'm somewhat missing the Circe references here; are their some werepigs running around that I overlooked?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:21 am
dmchess wrote:
I'm somewhat missing the Circe references here; are their some werepigs running around that I overlooked?

It's a reference to Circe as the spinner of fate. I considered using Tyche but thought more folks would be familiar with Circe because of her encounter with Odysseus.

Circe Offering the Cup to Odysseus
John William Waterhouse, 1891

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:31 am
Circe's Children
Chapter 31: Juliette

Speaking of Circe's Children, Justine gave birth to one of the most beautiful little baby girls I've yet seen. She aptly named her Juliette.

Juliette de Sade
Ah, but what does Fate hold in store for our beautiful child?

Her daddy came by every day while she was a toddler. (Autonomously!) He enjoyed teaching Juliette to walk, but when the time came for potty training he was busy with the nanny, apparently taking her temperature or something like that.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:04 am
Who's the daddy?
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:24 am
The Gregsim imitator...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
:story: Circe's Children