Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Circe's Children
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:21 pm
miros1 wrote:
So the pregnant G/F wakes up the sleeping mailbabe and gets even?

Hmm... it seems that Brie doesn't swing that way. She also doesn't seem to suffer from the sort of self-destructive insecurities that would lead her to seek fruitless vengeance.*

Nevertheless, she obviously did end up sacking out with the mailbabe! lol

I was surprised that she would do that because she hasn't even met Dagmar. But then, it also surprised me that it was possible to get both Dagmar and Alexandra to romp with the reprobate while they were still on NPC duty.

----------
*Note her surname, McAllister. Descended from the border Scots, children of Boudicca. The border Scots know how to get revenge and they do it well, but they don't waste their time on it unless it improves their lot. Self-destructive vengenance is more prevalent among the hopeless Anglish who were willing to bend a knee to the aristocracy. In fact, the Anglish ego seems to need that sort of thing. This is why the Scots make great engineers and lousy tennis players.

LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:32 pm
Why does Genesis only seem to get censored from in front?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:48 pm
LooseChanj wrote:
Why does Genesis only seem to get censored from in front?

Because tushies often don't even get a PG-13 rating in movies these days, although on television it seems that a naked tushy gets censored while adding the thin line of a g-string makes it OK. I'm sure there's some logic to this. In someone's mind. Somewhere.

I could* draw in a g-string if that would better suit your sensibilities. smile

----------
*Emphasis on could.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:12 pm
I saw an interview with one of the actors or writers from NYPD Blue. The censors told them "nothing pink" so they could show tushies, but not full frontal nudity.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:41 pm
OK, so we've met the stunt man.
Whatever happened to the script girl? question

nanci2121
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:39 pm
She's preggers too!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:58 pm
Greg wrote:
Because tushies often don't even get a PG-13 rating in movies these days, although on television it seems that a naked tushy gets censored while adding the thin line of a g-string makes it OK. I'm sure there's some logic to this. In someone's mind. Somewhere.----------
*Emphasis on could.

Still, you'd think when they bent over...

I know the men are certainly, uh, "equipped", at least in one respect.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:29 pm
Nancy wrote:
OK, so we've met the stunt man.
Whatever happened to the script girl? question

lol

As a matter of fact, she grew up real purdy. We'll have to go even farther behind the scenes at Xanadu Studios, but what the heck, let's ask her!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:54 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 24: The Script Girl

Kristan Carlisle, The Script Girl

"What? Me? Hey cool! Look at this! I have a speaking part in this script! Wow! My first real role! So, what do you want to know? Yeah, yeah, I laid the stunt man. Actually, I still do, every chance I get!"

"But no, I'm not pregnant. Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids! Sheesh! Who starts these rumors?"

"I just spend my time keeping the scripts updated and getting the daily rewrites distributed to the cast and crew. As a matter of fact, we were just going over tomorrow's shooting schedule when you dropped in."

"Hey! Want to meet the rest of the staff here at Xanadu Studios?"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:29 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 25: The Staff

"Here's my boss, Bryce MacNab" Kristan says. "He's the producer here at Xanadu Studios. Director, too, for the good stuff."

Bryce MacNab, Producer-Director at Xanadu Studios

"Say what?" Bryce says. "Where did this script come from? And what moron put me on camera? I'm a director, not an actor! And I don't do cameos! Who do they think I am? Alfred Hitchcock?"

"Delilah, are you responsible for this?"

Delilah, Personal Assistant to the Director

"I didn't do it! Somebody has been messing with the script for today's shoot!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:27 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 26: The Mystery of the Modified Script

"Kristan!" Delilah said. "The script is fouled up again! What did you do this time?"

"Why blame me?"

"Me? Why blame me?" Kristan said. "I didn't do anything!"

"We were supposed to be shoot the Coconut Milk episode today! What's this?"

"I dunno. It looks like a script about us!"

"Well... fix it!"

"They always blame me..."

Kristan was not at all happy about this turn of events. 'Aw, darn it. It's isn't fair! They always blame me! I didn't do anything!'

'It isn't fair! I get my first speaking role and they accuse me of messing up the script! It's just not fair!'

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:07 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 27: Time for a Break

Bryce thought to head off the altercation before it got started.

"Take ten, folks!"

"Let's not worry about the script," Bryce said. "Kristan, it wasn't your fault. That episode didn't get past the censors so we didn't even have a script for today. So at least we have something to work with, even if it's us!"

"Tell ya what. Everybody take ten and think about what to do next. I'm going outside for a smoke."

"B'b'but... sims don't smoke!"

"And now you know why I never appear on camera!"

Mutter... mutter... mutter...

'Sheesh! The gaffer calls in sick. The script gets rejected. The hula girls refuse to come in until we figure out a way to warm up those coconut shells. Half the extras are knocked up and the maternity leave benefits are killing my budget. I can't smoke in my own office any more. All I can think about are the script girl's knockers. And now there's that goofball with a camera pointed at me!'

"Will you knock it off? The weak dialog is bad enough! Do you have stick that camera in my face, too? Go make a download! Do a facility tour or something! Just let me smoke in peace here, OK?"

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:26 pm
*8)

Would it be unseemly to ask where the script girl got her memorable attire?
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:41 pm
Time to worry for authors is when the characters start shouting back at you.... shocked
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:51 pm
Circe's Children
Chapter 28: The Studio

Hmm... erm... facility tour, is it? It's getting a little dark for exterior shots, but well, OK, so...

Xanadu Studios
The naked lady statues are Golden Girls from Artistic Habitats.
Pretty much everything else is my own fault.

Here it is! Xanadu Studios!

There's really not as much to tour as you might think. Like the Apollo Mission Control Room and Disneyland, it's really much smaller than it appears on television.

The big brick building is Stage One, the main sound stage where the crew were when they were attempting to figure out the strange script.

Bryce prefers to shoot on location, often building elaborate sets even larger than the home studio. However, he does have some permanent sets for the bread-and-butter shows.

The brown house is the set for the long-running serial Daze of Our Wives which (thanks to the generous sponsorship of Tsunami Detergent) airs at 10:30 every morning.

Then there's the odd lavendar house. Bryce is taking a big gamble on that one. It's the set for a discontinued series that he picked up, named Smarmed. It's the heart-warming tale of three bitches, sisters whom their competitors call the Smarmed Ones. Every week they make their mark by being flattered into going out and beating the sugar out of the competition while worrying about how this prevents them from having a normal life.

The street in front of the houses doesn't go anywhere; it's just part of sets. They do use it whenever they have to bring in a big truck. That's always a big day because they have to take down the gates to get the truck onto the lot.

At the back of the lot are three smaller sound stages that he uses for shlock videos when he's short of cash. Mindrot TV pays big simoleans for those things, so they help pay the mortgage when Bryce cranks out one of his all-too-frequent box office bombs.

Out back behind Stage One they have a swimming pool and cabana where they shoot some of the exterior scenes for the umpteenth remake of Beach Blanket Bongos, and that's the whole facility!

Last edited by Greg on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total

:story: Circe's Children