Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The Mimosa Family, or, Doing things the Hard Way...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Mimosa Family, or, Doing things the Hard Way...
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:17 pm
Intro - I was inspired by Greg, as I often am, and his story of the Chapters babies in [url]http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5055&start=210&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= [/url] BonnyView Shores.

At the time I was making new Neighbourhood in just Sims 2, so I made my family in that. I played with virtually no cheats and none of the hacked objects and DMA staff my Sims normally have to raise babies, so they had a hard time of it.

The full story, and far more pictures, is at http://www.simechoes.org/stories/sims2stories/newtransylvania/mimosa/sextuplets.html[/url]
coffee
Reasons for having Sextuplets
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:22 pm
1) Create-A-Sim will not allow more than 8 Sims in a family.
2) Family Sims OUGHT to have big families. They certainly want to enough... however I think I may have cured these two rolling eyes

Pete "The Nose" and Wendy Mimosa lived in New Transylvania. They were offered experimental fertility treatment. "Well if the Doc says it's all right, it must be," said Pete. Wendy, brought up to believe that a woman did what her man decided, and desperate for a family, agreed. Being a kindly old chap, he warned them that having fertility treatment often led to multiple births, and this particular treatment, which he described using some very long words, was more likely than most to give them an instant, large family. "Other than that, it will mean a lot of tests," he said, peering doubtfully across the top of his glasses. "Cool," shrugged Pete. "That means I can come play with the pinball in Reception more often."

In fact there were a great many tests, and Wendy had to be in hospital through most of her pregnancy; Pete staying in the hospital with her, sleeping on a mattress on the floor, much to the surprise of the nurses who thought he must be very uncomfortable. Pete was a phlegmatic chap and quite content, in his own way. Wendy would have put up with anything for the sake of having a baby, and with him there to fetch and carry for her and give her all the attention she needed, she too was content.

Of course, Sim pregnancies are not very long, and when the big day came, they were amazed that the births were so easy. And births there were... six of them!

edit: yes I did eventually notice that I hadn't removed the path edging where it meets the pavement. I think it was on their birthday hiding
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:26 pm
What an adorable litter of little adorables! Grin

I've heard that it is possible to get 6 toddlers to childhood with no cheats at all, but it takes a lot of careful planning!

Nit: I think the "Make All Happy" command is one of the Testing Cheats for the Mailbox, rather than the TOLAD.

The links in the message above seem to be a little bit askew. Want me to fix 'em?

The New "Toddler-Proof" House
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:28 pm
They called them Thad and Tone and Tim and Theo and Trev and Tim.

They were not let out of hospital till the children were toddlers because there was a great deal of testing of the new babies; but then the family were provided with a large bungalow specially designed for their needs. They had to take all the children to clinic every few weeks for tests.

Nanny Kelly Corsillo and apprentice nanny Suzanne Couderc were sent by Social Services to help out on 24-hour-a-day duty. (ie moved in)

Emailing his boss to say he wanted to take a lot of paternity leave, Pete wrote: "I want to see those children grow up! And if I would get two weeks paternity leave for one child, as you said when all this started, I ought to get 12 weeks for six!"

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:30 pm
The house has a secluded garden as well as the outer one; this inner garden is excellent for containing the children as they have not yet learned stairs.

Of course, adults tended to pick them up and put them on the floor by the fridge with their bottles... but sometimes at least they had the benefit of fresh air.

[it just dawned on me I haven't a shot of the whole house - will add asap. Here is a pic showing the garden.]

Nappies. "That's where that smell comes from!"
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:33 pm

And I know that expression so well.... he was tired as well as dirty, of course.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:34 pm
Oh, neat! A baby garden!

That's a great idea! It has always bothered me that my babies never see the outdoors until they've grown to be children.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:38 pm
Yes, it merits better pictures.

Of course, adults tended to pick them up and put them on the floor by the fridge with their bottles... but sometimes at least they had the benefit of fresh air. So the house isn't really toddler-proof.

(small delay as I am reinstalling NL as I go - more sextuplets to come)

flower ....imagine some Intermission music.... flower
Just some cute baby pictures
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:44 pm
I didn't dare have the camera mod installed so coldn't get really close up, but I like these.

Nocturnal wanderings...

and the joy of water!
The obligatory potty shot
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:47 pm
Mornings were the worst
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:48 pm

Pete: "Why does our bedroom smell so bad in the mornings?"

Nanny Kerry "Just look around, dear..."
Birthday was a nightmare.
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:51 pm
The day of the toddler's birthdays was a nightmare, with, by the end, people dropping of exhaustion, smelly nappies everywhere, and far too much birthday cake.

This is Tone, passing out through sheer exhaustion just after ageing.
The obligatory window shot
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:59 pm
All the babies screamed throughout most of this 24-hour gametime birthday. the adults were running from one to another and completely worn out. At one point I gave in and used the TOLAD Make All Happy cheat.

Except for Ted, who it seemed, was quite happy to sleep through the whole business. Pete had to go and wake him up.

duplicate post deleted
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:00 pm
embarrassed

Last edited by Sita on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:00 pm
Were you then especially cruel and made the kids clean up their own diapers?

Rose/Miros

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
The Mimosa Family, or, Doing things the Hard Way...