Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Neighborhood One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:18 pm
I know that you can fulfill woohoo 20 sims with 10 sims, once at home, once in public. I tried using a photobooth on a home lot (home business) and it didn't count as public woohoo, but other people have told me that it DID count for them. Probably a glitch in my game.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:41 am
Liss wrote:
I know that you can fulfill woohoo 20 sims with 10 sims, once at home, once in public. I tried using a photobooth on a home lot (home business) and it didn't count as public woohoo, but other people have told me that it DID count for them. Probably a glitch in my game.

As reported previously *8) in at least some versions of the game, some kinds of public woohoo count for the instantaneous "public woohoo" want, but don't cut the corresponding memory record so they don't count for the "woohoo N different Sims" goals.

Very complicated!
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:12 pm
I've noticed that woohooing in a photo booth at home doesn't qualify for a public woohoo for the "Woohoo in Public" want but I believe it still counts as a separate woohoo for the purposes of the counting...I'll have to do some experimenting as I've patched since I messed around with Bert as a Romance sim...(no pun intended!)

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:17 pm
Does the photobooth and the hot tub and the car all count as separate WooHoos, or do they just count as a generic Public WooHoo?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:31 pm
I don't think the car even counts as a public woohoo because I didn't have Mrs. Crumplebottom come out and smack me with her purse after a downtown escapade; however, DC suggests that it does count, so I dunno. I think you only get separate woohoos for any public and any private. I think all public woohoos are lumped together. So I think the max you can get for one sim is two counts towards the Woohoo with X Sims wants. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not playing right now; I'm hunting for various skinning tutorials to try to figure out how to make a particular shirt I want desperately. Grin

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:47 pm
lunahskye wrote:
... I'm hunting for various skinning tutorials to try to figure out how to make a particular shirt I want desperately. Grin

Do you want a tutorial on the mechanics of using Body Shop or a tutorial on the art of shirt-making?

Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:54 pm
Tell you what, to avoid an extreme threadjacking (ha!) I'm gonna post what I need in Discussions. Grin

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:01 pm
lunahskye wrote:
Tell you what, to avoid an extreme threadjacking (ha!) I'm gonna post what I need in Discussions. Grin

Good plan. I'm an aficionado of the Fine Art of Threadjacking, but it doesn't seem appropriate in a topic that's dedicated to a story.

Suzette in condition
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:50 pm
It took more attempts than usual, but the experiment we mentioned last time has progressed.

And we can report that Danielle has no problem with Suzette's delicate condition.
She seems quite pleased, in fact.

We were speculating why Maxis didn't put in a jealousy reaction here. My daughter suggests that maybe in male-female couples the idea is that the man thinks the baby is his, and they just didn't think about the female-female case. Or maybe they just didn't think too hard about the whole thing at all... *8)

In any case, Danielle and Suzette are both quite content (being PermaPlatinum and all), and soon we'll have to figure out where to put the kid (we'll probably build a nursery where there's currently a back terrace with exercise equipment; they're both maxed and don't need it anymore).

And I suppose they should have Professor Nolan come by once in awhile, since he has a certain interest in the case!
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:29 pm
I don't recall having a sim have a bad reaction to someone being pregnant no matter who (or what) the father is. The information is in the game for a character to react badly to such a situation, but apparently Maxis didn't program them to consider such things.

Who's that in the painting on the wall?

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:19 am
Greg wrote:
Who's that in the painting on the wall?

I don't know. I vaguely recall that it was the cover of an "Anthropologie" catalog or something that was lying around when I was making some wall-art (can never get enough wall-art), and the face was sort of striking and I thought "sure, why not?". It turned out a bit overwhelming...
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:26 pm
Yes, I see what you mean. Obviously it was striking enough to catch my attention even as a background object, but yup, definitely overwhelming. It might have worked better in a smaller painting. Is that the Lady On Red?

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:31 pm
Greg wrote:
Is that the Lady On Red?

I finally read this while I had the game up. *8) Yes, it is indeed.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:04 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:
Is that the Lady On Red?

I finally read this while I had the game up. *8) Yes, it is indeed.

It looks neat! That's the one frame I have the most difficulty decorating with. It's so wide that it really needs to be the centerpiece of three consecutive wall sections. Otherwise it overlaps corners and door frames.

katgirlgreen13
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:20 pm
Yes, I do realize that this thread is months old and nobody probably checks on it anymore, but DC, you really should consider putting some of your houses and families and stuff on the Sims 2 Exchange. I personally read your Sims Stories and try to recreate some of them in my own neighborhood. I even tried making my own Sally Raptor, but it just wasn't the same. I guess no other version can compete with the original. LOL.