Reply to topic SimGoddesses Vacation 2002
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:52 pm
SimGoddeses Vacation 2002
Chapter 5: Bibi at the Helm

Byline Takes the Helm

Byline doesn't settle for just being the prettiest skipper on the Mediterranean; she also insists on being the most stylish. She likes to tuck her hair up under her hat when she is at the helm of The SimGoddess.

Bibi was, of course, SimGoddess Byline. You still might be able to download her outfit around here somewhere.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:53 pm
Chapter 6: The SimAngel

The SimAngel

We don't overlook the SimAngels when we're on vacation, of course. The SimAngel has enough staterooms to accommodate the whole staff along with the yacht crew, and enough power for one-day shopping trips to many of the Aegean seaports.

This was a very popular notion among the staff.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:55 pm
Chapter 7: Sunbathing on the Flying Bridge

On the Flying Bridge

We spent most of the day on the flying bridge of The SimGoddess. I wanted to put up the sails and take the boat out for a tour of the Aegean, but the goddesses were more interested in tanning and gossiping that sailing. Well, actually, Nancy was tanning; Bibi was freckling. They both have a talent for gossiping, though.

So I ended up serving lunch. That afternoon, though, I did finally talk them into going for a sail, by bribing Nancy with a promise that she could pilot the boat.

That turned out pretty well, hardly scary at all! At least she didn't hit anything. Well, except for a hot-air balloon that was air-lifting a case of Noxema to us. Their fault -- they flew too low, not realizing just how big the boat is.

*sigh* Sorry that the picture is off-center. One of these days I'll have to give a photography lesson to the crew.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:02 pm
SimGoddesses Vacation 2002
Chapter 8: Nancy Takes the Wheel

Nancy Piloting the SimGodess

It gets cool in the wind when the big boat really starts moving, so the goddesses put their clothes back on. (Rats! Whose dumb idea was it to take the boat out?)

See what I mean? It wasn't scary at all! I wasn't nervous, not me. It only *looks* like Bibi is trying to keep me calm. And I'm *not* reaching for the wheel. Nope! It didn't bother a bit that Nancy was waving at the guys in the helicopter (who took the photo) just a few seconds before we bashed the mainmast into a hot air balloon.

(Now, to put this into perspective, take a look at the first photo of The SimGoddess that I sent. If you look near the aft mast, you'll see an area outlined in a dark color. That's the flying bridge that you see in this photo.)

Well, it's time for me to go climb the mast and see if I can disentangle what's left of that balloon from the boat.

The End

I kid you not! I actually ended a story! Well, mainly that's because that's all there is! After that, Bibi got out of the hospital and the vacation was over!

You can download Nancy's sailor suit for The Sims 1 from Simshost, here.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:08 pm
Sita wrote:
Did someone say they were gonna do T&J for SIms 2? I want, I want... but there's nothing on the site?

Do you mean there's nothing for The Sims 2 on the T&J site? (If so, you're right. This might change.)

Madame Rose is the ringleader for that adventure so I'll just sit here on the boat and watch what happens!
lol

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:09 am
I thought I was Madam Miros? Well, anyhow, watch this spot

[]

for more info!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:20 am
Yes, I see nothing for Sims 2. At least it wouldn't be hard to remake the costumes for Sims 2 - though I dunno about the hair. And I think rules might need to be a little different. Hacks? And to be like Sims 1 we should play it with aging off? Aging on might be more fun smile Even ladies of the night get older. Maybe some S2 furniture? Oh and the lovebeds btw - M&M have them for Sims 2 but they are pay items, nice colours. My Simmies love em.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:54 pm
The Sims 2 does introduce a few differences:
    1. Shorter adult life span.
    2. Possibility of "young adults" plying their trade on campus.
    3. Any double bed will do the job.
    4. Many of the rules are about sites that make stuff for The Sims 1.
    5. The Sims 2 does not automatically track days in household.

Other than those things, game play would be essentially the same.

Items 3 through 5 are trivial. Just ignore rules that don't apply because they are specific to The Sims 1. Substitute whatever makes sense for the basic concept: Earn money by woohoo. Don't cheat.

2: The easiest way to deal with campus life is to rule it out. That also accommodates folks who don't have University installed without having to create a special University class.

1: The easiest way to deal with the short life span is to keep the 30-days rule and use Aging Off. That would provide a direct comparison to The Sims 1, which might be amusing. It would be the player's option to leave aging on and let the staff become elders during the last two or three days of their careers.

If someone would like to take a shot at rewriting the rules for The Sims 2 and can provide HTML that I can plug in to the exsiting template, I'd be happy to put it on the T&J web site.
(I will not give anyone else webmaster access to that site. Did that once. Results were a disaster. So don't even think it.)

Of course, if anyone would like to make some stuff with the T&J theme and can provide web pages that plug in to the site's templates, I'd be happy to put those web pages on the site, too. They can link to downloads located on any site hosted by SimsHost, and could also be displayed on your site's web page.

Images on the T&J pages must be located on the T&J site--I don't have time to chase broken links as people move things around--but you can remote-link to those images from your site, too. You have my solemn promise that those images will never move for as long as we can afford to keep the server and the domain going.

The basic T&J theme is the classy brothel. It doesn't have to be purple, but it does have to be trollopy.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:33 pm
If you wanted to play with aging on, Pescado's sync timer would be perfect for keeping track of time. Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:19 pm
Liss wrote:
If you wanted to play with aging on, Pescado's sync timer would be perfect for keeping track of time. Grin

Indeed! Is it officially released yet?

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:48 pm
Oh good! Someone started this thread already!

Rose/Miros

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:30 pm
miros1 wrote:
Oh good! Someone started this thread already!

Rose/Miros

Yeah, but the thread about the Flamingo Ranch is more trollopy.

I just know I'm going to regret saying that.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:54 pm
yep it's official. Link posted in the other thread where we were talking about it before Grin

And don't let BlueSoup scare you. I played with it extensively last night trying to recreate the bug she mentioned and it never showed up.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:41 pm
Since it's officially released now, I think it's safe to post a direct link here, even if it is rather much off topic for The Sims 1:

J. M. Pescado's Lot Sync Timer for The Sims 2
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2386.0

You want this. You really, really want this. Read my lips: If you make any attempt at all to keep track of time in your houselds in The Sims 2, you WANT this!

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:56 pm
You know, as much as I want/need that event or product, my computer is being stupid and and attempt to go within 15 miles of Maty results in a timeout error. Lousy wireless network...