Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Sleeping Through College
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:10 pm
Damion and Lucy and Violet
5/6: The Party

The traditional post-ceremony pillowfight
Woo ha!

Lucy gave Genesis a big tip.
She knows what it's like to clean up after a party.

At the end of the party, the Limo showed up. But there was a hitch.

"Um, sweetie, shouldn't we have arranged for a nanny or something?"
Whoops! Can't leave Violet by herself. But anyway, it was a great party.

So they didn't have a honeymoon (my fault entirely), but they didn't seem to mind.

They had a nice wedding cuddle instead.
And so on.
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:23 pm
DC wrote:
And now having taken off her Maid's cap I'm not sure she'll ever be able to put it on again; have to experiment with that sometime.

There seemed to be a Change Into/Special interaction for ex-NPCs on dressers. Don't know if it's still there. (Mainly due to my BFBVS-ophobia induced by creating extra NPCs.)

DC also wrote:
Was the arch recolorable pre-NL? I don't remember it being.

I think it was. Not sure about pre-Uni, but it definitley has been since Uni.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:13 pm
Damion and Lucy and Violet
6/6: Apologies

Gina didn't want to be furious at Lucy (or at least I didn't want her to be) so she invited her over the next day to patch things up.

At first she wasn't happy to see her.
Hmph, she says.

But Lucy was eager to make amends.

"Whatever I did to upset you, I'm sorry!"
She did this autonomously as soon as Gina greeted her. I thought that was nice. The papergirl seems impressed also.

"Oh, no, it's nothing you did. I shouldn't have blown up like that. I don't know what got into me."
So I had Gina apologize also. Looks like both the furious person, and the target of the fury, are able to do the Apologize thing.

So everything was settled (although Gina is still nominally furious at both Damion and Lucy; we'll keep working on it), and Lucy drifted off into the party that was just starting up (with a Popularity teen in the house and lots of new amusement devices, Gina's place has been having lots of parties).

With Gabriel in the tub.
Down, boy; I know she's cute, but she's a married Mom.

So there's a new addition to the neighborhood, a new married couple, and a couple of case-studies of these new NL behaviors. (Now I need to catch up on some of the other lots!)
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:15 pm
Nihale199 wrote:
There seemed to be a Change Into/Special interaction for ex-NPCs on dressers. Don't know if it's still there. (Mainly due to my BFBVS-ophobia induced by creating extra NPCs.)

Good point, I'll have to try that! The most open question being, I guess, whether it extends to the headgear. But no reason it shouldn't...
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:41 pm
I've seen some strange behavior from NPC's that I've invited into the Plumbob Club. Sometimes interactions are missing, which indicates that they remember their former NPCness somewhere in their little electronic minds.

That's without Nightlife and before I installed the University patch, so those things might have been fixed.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:25 pm
Greg wrote:
I've seen some strange behavior from NPC's that I've invited into the Plumbob Club. Sometimes interactions are missing, which indicates that they remember their former NPCness somewhere in their little electronic minds

I've never noticed anything odd (with Kaylynn or Lucy or Remington or Arcadia or the non-Service townies I've moved in) except possible (but insufficiently explored) oddities around available clothing; other than that they seem to behave just fine. But your experience is probably more extensive than mine (and involving more fan-created hacks, hee hee).
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:25 pm
dmchess wrote:
Nihale199 wrote:

Good point, I'll have to try that! The most open question being, I guess, whether it extends to the headgear. But no reason it shouldn't...

To close the question: I finally got around to the Langeraks' (Kaylynn and Benjamin had a very nice First Date), and confirmed that indeed when Kaylynn does Change Into... Special on the dresser, she ends up in full maid gear, including the little paper tiara or whatever that is.

(Which presumably means I could finally let Mitch take off his fireman hat without fear of never getting it back again. But by now I'm awfully used to seeing it there; and without it would the people recognize him as Captain Fireman when he flies by?)
:story: Sleeping Through College