Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Sleeping Through College
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Greg wrote:
Oh, I just love happy endings! Grin

Me, too. Neighborhood one is lousy with 'em. *8)

Greg wrote:
One way to test whether the platform is in the same room: Put a stereo up there and see if people have the option to dance when they're not on the platform.

Ah, this reminds me! When they settled down for the post-party cuddle, Damion got a "listen to music" submotive while relaxing on the bed, and I successfully told him to turn off the stereo from bed, and at the time the stereo was down in the kitchen area (i.e. not on the platform where the bed is). This suggests to me that the platform counts as the same room as the rest of the big room. I'll report back if anything (like the dance test) suggests otherwise.

Greg wrote:
So far I've see a lengthy string of new maids as I marry them off, and the game hasn't repeated itself yet!

Good to know...
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:37 pm
So the speaker-dancing test concurs (with a stereo up on the platform, people in the main part of the room can dance).

On the new-maid front, the game paused for a scarily long time at 10am when it was time to make a new maid. Her name is Genesis, and, well, you know how I always say that I love my townies for their own unaltered non-beautiful selves? Well, so far Genesis makes even me want to reach for the plastic surgery kit. But I'm sure I'll get used to her. Eventually... *8)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:31 pm
At least one Genesis in my game was one of those simmish supermodels right out of the box, so we have an indication that not all the maids are as consistently defined as Lucy and Kaylynn.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:55 am
Lovely romance. And thanks for the info about the platform, will try that.

All my maids (and there have been many because I regenerate Townies and NPCs on every Hood) look like the template maids (I mean they look like Kaylynn and Lucy - I assume there is a template but wouldn't know where to look for one).
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:23 am
Sita wrote:
Lovely romance. And thanks for the info about the platform, will try that.

Thanks! And you're welcome. *8) (So now I have to decide whether to testingCheat Damion's aspiration to Family, or let him cheat on Lucy, or just ignore all his nonfaithful Wants since he's permaplatinum now anyway, and whether they should get engaged / married or not, and...)

Sita wrote:
All my maids (and there have been many because I regenerate Townies and NPCs on every Hood) look like the template maids (I mean they look like Kaylynn and Lucy - I assume there is a template but wouldn't know where to look for one).

Genesis is sort of a charicature of Lucy; really big wide mouth, rather flat nose (I think), and incongruous blonde hair. But hey it's only skin deep! (I expect Lucy will become Best Friends with her shortly.)
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:08 am
You have the EPs? There's an aspiration object you can use to change his aspiration. I forget the name of it but it's the thing that makes Grilled Cheese Sims.

FWIW, I find I like playing Romance Sims these days, but they eventually settle down when they find someone who has three lightning bolts' worth of attraction (rare). You can make them behave if you are persistent at only giving them the wants with their partner.

Waiting eagerly for the next part of the story to unfold.

flower
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:57 am
Oh, and one other platform note: the plants down in the corners of the well around the platform are now getting rendered (barely visible in some of the shots in the story). I'm not entirely sure why; I tried the "renderInsideObjectOnlyOnSelectedSimLevel" prop or whatever it's called, but it didn't seem to work at the time. Maybe it had a delayed effect (after I exited and re-entered the lot or something)?
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:01 am
Sita wrote:
You have the EPs? There's an aspiration object you can use to change his aspiration. I forget the name of it but it's the thing that makes Grilled Cheese Sims.

We still haven't installed NL, so no ReNuYuSenso Orb yet. You can change aspirations with the testingCheats, although in my limited experience it doesn't reroll the LTW when you do it (so you can have a Family Sim with an LTW to have 20 lovers, heh heh).

Sita wrote:
FWIW, I find I like playing Romance Sims these days, but they eventually settle down when they find someone who has three lightning bolts' worth of attraction (rare). You can make them behave if you are persistent at only giving them the wants with their partner.

Yeah, I'm fond of Romance sims in general also, but in this case it would have complicated (or at least changed) the story if Lucy had turned out to be Romance. I think I'll keep Damion Romance and do as you suggest and see if he becomes more monogamous (I tried it with Sandy Bruty when she moved in with Brandi, but it didn't seem to work very well; maybe I just wasn't determined enough). It'll be easier with Damion of course since he's permaplat now anyway!

Sita wrote:
Waiting eagerly for the next part of the story to unfold.

flower

Thanks! I'm pretty curious what's going to happen next myself. *8) Although there are some other households that I want to spend some more time in as well...
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:17 pm
mm. Reroll LTW with Pescado's college clock.

or there are some nice things at Simslice - a grilled cheese sandwich i jsut downloaded that you can use for all these aspiration things.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:58 pm
You can also reroll the lifetime want with J. M. Pescado's Lot Fixer. That little gem is the 5th thing I install on every lot. Essential.

Those crazy Drama profs
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:43 pm
An additional note on the odd properties of Drama profs, as noted in the original story: it's not just their students that they have very high starting relationships with!

Damion has been inviting lots of his (ehem) old college friends over to meet Lucy (since she loves meeting people). One of the guests was his old Drama prof who gets into hot tubs naked. Immediately on meeting Lucy she tried to kiss her romantically (I reflexively cancelled Lucy's "Be Kissed Romantically" before she could actually try it); she also tried something inappropriate with Professor Marcel Tood, and also I think with one random guest from the neighborhood (Marylena, I think it was). They were both pretty indignant.

Poor misunderstood Drama profs...
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:01 am
:lol reminds me of my University days embarrassed
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:57 am
I ran across a few profs like that at HVU. Sent 'em to Boveena.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:09 pm
Sent 'em? really? How?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:04 am
I was joking. What I really did was change their aspirations and their personalities.

Maxis has weird ideas about what "outgoing" means.

:story: Sleeping Through College