Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:06 pm
THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER
Chapter 1: Aliens Among Us!

After the abrupt demise of her checkered career as a reporter for the society pages of the Happy Valley Tribune, Amarilla moved to Strangetown and tried to start her own newspaper.

Perhaps we should not be surprised that she selected a peculiar shade of yellow for her stock.

Enquiring minds wish they didn't know!
THURSDAY DAY 1138 FIRST EDITION

ALIENS AMONG US!
Exclusive Photos of Space Aliens in Strangetown!
Doctor Tolad's Bizarre Experiments Create Public Uproar!
Amarilla Allspin, Editor

Amarilla Allspin Amarilla Allspin

This is your investigative reporter, Amarilla Allspin, with an exclusive exposť, because you have a right to know!

The day we arrived in Strangetown, this reporter discovered a shocking fact! There are aliens in this city! Yes, dear reader, you read that right! Aliens! They might be your next-door neighbor! They might even be attending school with your children!

Residents of Strangetown were abuzz with reports of sightings of bizarre green beings from outer space. Using techniques formerly only available to the Central Intelligence Agency, this reporter tracked down the truth of these rumors, and found out that they are true!
Aliens in Strangetown! Just exactly what is this space alien cooking?

We found them! Right there on Highway 1! With great risk to our personal safety, we captured this exclusive photo of the elder leader of the space aliens who have infested the Smith residence! We are sure that our readers will be shocked at his appearance, and lack of fashion sense, but we feel it is our civic duty to bring you these photos as no other publication can!

Parents, beware! Do you know where your daughters are tonight? They just might fall prey to the offspring of these bizarre creatures as they lurk in the night, seducing innocent young high school girls who are too naive to see beyond their incredible tales of space travel and adventure!

In an exclusive interview with one young girl, whose name we must withhold to protect our her reputation, we were able to document a confirmed case of alien seduction of an under-aged teen!
Aliens in Strangetown! Teenage Girl Seduced by Alien Invader

She has a long road to recovery after being victimized by this alien, mooning over him night after night and dreaming dreams of exotic landscapes on distant planets.

Are your children safe from this terrible threat? Do you know how to prepare them so that they can defend themselves if they are accosted by aliens? Is your home ready to repel the invasion of the green hordes from outer space? Stay in touch with future editions of THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER, were all will be revealed in future installations from your enquiring investigative journalist where we will teach you the essentials of Alien Preparedness!

Tragically, it appears that Amarilla did not learn from her experience in Happy Valley. Despite her promises of future papers, this was the only edition of THE STRANGETOWN CHRONICLE she ever published.

Rumor has it that after being sued for slander and invasion of privacy by both the Smith and the Nigmos families, she had just enough money left to purchase some heavy-duty kneepads and three jars of petroleum jelly before she hitch-hiked back to Happy Valley with hopes that she could convince editor Perry White to let her have her old job back.

Nevertheless, THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER lives on, as the subject of this thread!

B'b'b'but... is the space alien the guy at the barbecue, the one holding his head, or the one with the face paint? And just who is the babe in the bustier? Enquiring minds want to know!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:56 pm
THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER
Chapter 2: Stranger in a Strange Town

It has been a long time since I last rode through Strangetown so I thought I'd ol' Ford and
headed on down the trail to find out what folks were doing these days out in the desert.

I'm happy to report that Ophelia and Olive are doing fine. Olive retired from her job as a slacker so that she could collect the pension while pursuing her lifelong dream of becoming a mad scientist. Ophelia is still in high school and spends most of her time happily wrapped around Johnny Smith.

One day Ophelia was feeling kind of lonely so I had her phone some folks to chat. When she tried to call her estranged son, Nervous Subject, she couldn't get through because Nervous didn't have a telephone!

That's when I realized that several Strangetown families were in transit. Fed up with the wretched Beakers, he had moved out on his own long ago but hadn't found a place to live yet. The Singles girls and Ajay Loner were similarly homeless.

A flurry of construction on the Road to Nowhere fixed that problem. They all got moved in to their respective new homes and at least had a telephone installed before our ghostly viewpoint shifted to the next household.

Relationships bloom at Ajay's house.

Last to build was Ajay Loner. He moved in and started boning up on his cooking and cleaning skills. He wanted to get into medicine but there were no openings in that field, so he settled for grabbing a job as a test subject (which can be a very dangerous occupation in Strangetown).

Then some folks stopped by, which brings us up to date with the picture above. Here we see Ajay getting to know the enigmatic Lola Singles. He learned that even though they come from extremely different backgrounds both of them are orphans and they share very strong family values. Hey, it could happen!

The sadly neglected Nervous Subject just wanted to be loved and understood. His dream is to find a nice girl and settle down. Since Ajay was dominating the time of the cute green girl, he turned his attention to the fetching young lady in the strapless red dress.

And she turned out to be none other than (drum roll) Bella Goth!

Could this happen anywhere but Strangetown?

Bella bears a very strong resemblance to the Hula Zombie.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:56 pm
I resurrected Bella in Pleasantville. I wasn't entirely happy with her looks and gave her plastic surgery. I showed this pic in MATY chat and a couple of people (Lythdan in particular) weren't happy with my makeover. She looks rather like a disney princess! Grin

If you want to make her playable in Strangetown, I happen to know that she is good friends with Crystal (Krystal?) Vu, who I married up to one of the Curious brothers. I then had Bella move in and then back out on her own.

edit: warning! Bella is a romance sim. But these days it's quite easy to change aspirations.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:13 pm
I like that hairstyle! Very Gothic. Can you tell me where to find it?
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:16 pm
hrmmm....mod the sims 2 i think. I'm really bad at finding where I got stuff. It's a recolor of the new nighlife vampire hairstyle.

edit: hold up, check back in a couple minutes, i'll hunt for it.

ok if this isn't the one I have, it's the same style anyway. and it's updated for all ages. the one I have is adults only. *replace* lol

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=113674&highlight=vampire

Wytch's Brew
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:47 pm
In the fine print on that page it says:
Quote:
It won't be replaced to plain long hair when your Sim changes to swimwear or undies.

So apparently Greg's problem with pregnant Sims changing their hair has ramifications for non-pregnant ones too...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:58 pm
Thanks - but I liked that "widow's peak" which the MTS one doesn't have. I'll find it somewhere.

I rather like your madeover Bella by the way. Wonder what Mortimer would make of her?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:04 pm
Hmm... if you plastic surgery and a complete makeover and change her aspiration, is she still Bella Goth?
Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Now that Nervous has met her, it will be easy for him to make her play. Erm... playable, that is.

As for Bella being a Romance sim, I'm sure that she has learned from her evil ways by now. Of course as every simboy knows, the gal in Strangetown named Bella Goth isn't the one who was married to Mortimer (and is married to Mortimer in my game) in Pleasantville.

She's obviously a Bella Goth fan who changed her name and adopted Bella's style in an attempt to emulate the real Bella Goth. I'm sure that Nervous can overlook that little quirk as long as she can provide him with the love and respect he longs for.

Which brings us to:

STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER
Chapter 3: Odd Bits About the Oddballs

I've rescued Olive Specter from her date with the Grim Reaper. Had her slug down almost two whole bottles of the Elixer of Life. She retired from her job as a Professional Party Guest and is drawing a pension of $300 a day while pursuing her a science career. She just got promoted to head of the science department at Desert View A&M.

Olive moved her son Nervous Subject back home where he grew up quite well. After a makeover and a lot of TLC, he's doing much better.

Nervous Subject after his escape from the Beakers.
This was before he met Bella.

Ophelia Nigmos was last seen with her ankles crossed behind Johnny Smith's back. (Amarilla would be shocked. Shocked! But Perry wouldn't print the story anyhow, so there's no use in snooping on them any more.) He's waiting for her to grow up so they can get married. She wants to go to college first. He'll wait. Johnny knows a good thing when he sees it.

If you want to find Ophelia, look under Johnny.
But how will they raise the children?

Pascal Curious had a daugther whom he named Pasclina.

Pascal Curious and his daughter Pasclina

PT9 Smith and his wife Jenny Smith visited Dr. Tolad's Rejuvenation Clinic and went to college.

PT9 and Jenny went to college.
Red hair and green skin. Mabye he's Scots-Irish.

Back from college, Jenny is still hanging on to her young adulthood. PT9 grew up and is well on his way to becoming an astronaut.

Jenny and PT9 spend a lot of time talking about space travel.

We might surmise that Jenny is clinging to her young adult status even after graduating and moving back to town because she enjoys her youthful bod. Some evidence of this can be seen in how she dresses when she is having breakfast alone with her husband.

I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that Jenny is pregnant again.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:19 pm
Sita wrote:
Thanks - but I liked that "widow's peak" which the MTS one doesn't have. I'll find it somewhere.

I rather like your madeover Bella by the way. Wonder what Mortimer would make of her?

yeah i noticed when I installed it that it didn't over write anything. I'll have to look for the file name next time I open the game. I'll let you know or if you want to PM me your email addy i'll send it to you when I find it.

Wytch's Brew
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:27 am
pssst....sita check your PMs

Wytch's Brew
Sims2Fanatic
Friend of SimsHost
Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:59 pm
shocked you against my favourite sim Johnny Smith?

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:05 pm
Sims2Fanatic wrote:
shocked you against my favourite sim Johnny Smith?

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

"Opinions expressed by Amarilla Allspin do not necessarily reflect official policy of the Happy Valley Tribune."

(Which might explain why such wretched things happened to her when she ran back to Happy Valley!)

LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:05 pm
Liss wrote:
If you want to make her playable in Strangetown, I happen to know that she is good friends with Crystal (Krystal?) Vu, who I married up to one of the Curious brothers. I then had Bella move in and then back out on her own.

edit: warning! Bella is a romance sim. But these days it's quite easy to change aspirations.

I had her marry Ajay. Then cheat and move out on her own, where she's busy having a kid by every guy in town.
Sims2Fanatic
Friend of SimsHost
Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:42 pm
Sorry Greg but i don't get ya

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:35 pm
Greg's Sims tend to have minds of their own.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
THE STRANGETOWN ENQUIRER