Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic What film did you see last?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
What film did you see last?
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 pm
In the vein of what book are you reading now...

We just watched "The Day of The Daleks" - an old Dr Who with John Pertwee. (4 episodes, uncut taken from the TV series from about 1970-umph). Just as much fun as ever, even for hubby who says he doesn't like Dr Who but always ends up glued to the TV.
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:49 pm
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:48 pm
If watching them on television counts, then the last film I saw was Braveheart (one of my favorites). It was on the telly just last night.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:32 pm
Bruce Almighty. Very funny. Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Movie?
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:59 am
If it has to be at a theater, it was the new version War of the Worlds as part of a double feature at the Drive-In. Yes, we still have one of those here.

Danny and Bren saw the new Harry Potter together. I stayed home because I can't stand that series.

-SCG
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:09 am
I think it has to include TV and video, cos I started this thread and I can't GO to the cinema! (peanuts) :sad3:
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:04 am
That defines it, then!

I did go to a movie theater a few months ago but now I can't remember what movie it was. I do remember that it was science fiction and it was pretty good.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:22 am
The last thing I saw in the theater was probably the IMAX "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", back in July: Johnny Depp playing Michael Jackson playing Willy Wonka. Very odd!

More recently on DVD, National Treasure and X-Files: Fight the Future, both of which were Very Silly. And I'm still working my way slowly through Season Three of Babylon 5...

DC
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:58 am
I LOVE B5! <hugs dmchess> we have most of it except the final season. missing some of the later ones. Must have watched it all the way through about five times now....
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:22 am
Sita wrote:
I LOVE B5! <hugs dmchess> we have most of it except the final season. missing some of the later ones. Must have watched it all the way through about five times now....

I seem to be doing a breadth-first survey of the universe, so it takes me forever to get through anything. *8) But I'm really enjoying B5 when I get around to watching it. The effects and general production values were amazing for the time! And I love that after watching an ep I can go onto the Web and read a zillion reviews and discussions and messages from the director about the backstory and so on. It's amazing!

DC
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:03 am
I've not seen Babylon 5 in ages. Dad seems to have gone off the Sci-Fi channel ever since Sky has become the "Non-Stop Shop for All Things Star Trek and Stargate."

That Threshold thingy seems pretty good. Though I don't quite understand it. I know that Data is the doctor-type person and that the "vertically challenged" person is some sort of hypermathematician. (Then again, the "vertically challenged" person I sit next to in Maths is a hyper mathematician.) Darn Politcal Correctness.

I can't remember the last film I saw. I know I saw the War of the Worlds at the cinema, but I know we rented The Magic Roundabout (Hannah's idea) and The Life of Brian from that DVD rental place...

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:11 pm
We don't have SciFi at the moment. I agree with your Dad. FTN seems to always be about ghosts and that's boring too. I don't actually watch much TV, apart from news and the odd film, with a few bits on UKTVHistory or Beeb2 on archaeology. The only channel I really miss is Disc Civilisation, but even there there was so much that was repeated again and again, it didn't feel worth paying the extra . (We have an incredibly cheap deal with cable gives us basic channels, phoneline and all the bandwidth I need. Costs about what a phone line alone would cost, so I don't complain... have no definite income at present - well only 1000 a year for my web contract, if they can afford to pay me.)
I actually sat through 5 minutes of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here... because a friend is a big fan of Kimberley Davis... couldn't stand it hiding ran back to my PC!
Discovery Civilization Channel
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:50 pm
Sita,

When I had my sat. dish hooked up, Discovery-Civilization Channel was my favorite. After they replaced it with Discovery-New York Times Channel it just wasn't the same for me. I went back to regular tv again to cut some costs and to keep from getting so upset while watching C-SPAN.

I thought maybe I was the only one watching that channel is why it got replaced. I rated it really high with the Nielson survey but I guess that wasn't enough.

-SCG
LOTR III
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:46 am
We watched the Return of the King last night (fourth time I think). Very very good. This from a family of long-term Tolkien fans is unsurprising but the specials are really great and I am beginning to accept the changes they made to plotline to make the thing into a manageable length.

I don't usually like films made from books, they lose so much. A good film, IMHO, can equate to a good short story (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep ==> Total Recall) but a book - novel - or particularly something a huge as LOTR... is just too big.

One book can transmute into three film length episodes more comfortably, as in the TNT version of Frank Herbert's Dune - anyone here seen that? (only available on video) - even then it loses some.
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:41 pm
Oh yeah! That one was great!

The theatrical version was a loving 1.5 hour treatment of the first half of the book. Then they had to jam the other half in the last half hour. No fun!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
What film did you see last?