Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Late Bloomer
Late Bloomer
Valeiren
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:59 am
Hello all,
I just started playing the Sims about 2 weeks ago. For several years from '01 - '04 I was heavily involved in drawing Dollz and in the forums for that hobby. Unfortunately, I developed arthritis in my hands and could no longer draw my dollz. When I was a doller, I always said I couldn't start up with the Sims or I would get addicted. Well, I finally let myself get the game, and you guessed it, I'm addicted! LOL Anyway, I just thought I would stop in and say hi.

P.S. If you happen to visit my web site, I know it's a huge mess. I haven't updated it in a year and a half and when I tried to do so today the server was down. So the site is a mess, but feel free to look around. Most of my creations should still be showing up. (Yes I drew my avatar. I know she's not a Sim, but she was all I had on short notice.)

"All the time believing that it all comes down to nothing but this chance!" - Savatage
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:23 pm
Hi Valeiren! Welcome to the Hullabaloo!

Yup! The Sims is definitely addictive! Someone around here wisely observed: "It's not a game; it's a toy!"

Welcome!
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:30 pm
Always nice to have another new face! Do jump right in and tell us about your sims. Did you start with the original Sims or did you join us with Sims2?

-SCG

cat
Valeiren
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:25 am
Oh I started with The Sim Deluxe and added Hot Date, Vacation and Makin Magic a week later. Friday I'll be getting Unleashed, House Party and Superstar. Thanks for the welcome. I just totally deleted my entire game and redid it all. I had messed some stuff up trying to add downloads. It's a bit confusing since most folks have moved on to Sims2, but I'll figure it out eventually.

"All the time believing that it all comes down to nothing but this chance!" - Savatage
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:28 am
Go ahead and ask over in the Sim1 forum! We'll be glad to answer!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:27 am
ooh another one who got started with Deluxe!

Welcome to Hullabaloo, the addicts' forum! It's good to meet you.

I got addicted, like you, when I couldn't do other stuff - I got ill and had to take time off work (turned out to be a very long time smile and my son-in-law gave me (as he often does) games that didn't work on his PC... "try this" he said... well I played Sims 1 nonstop for a week - then the disk broke! So I sent my son out to buy me a replacement as I already knew I NEEDED this game. He came back with Deluxe. I like Deluxe, though not everyone does. Never looked back. Ended up with all the EPs to MM, which I still can't bring myself to uninstall - and now I am hooked on Sims 2 as well lol. Grin

I did so many uninstalls and reinstalls with Sims 1 that in the end I got that nickname - Dancer of the Seven Disks (nine disks? I forget how many it is). If I can help I will - see you in the Sims 1 forum. Bottom line is the checking programs. I finally found things went much better if I used SimEnhancer to check ALL downloads. Every time.
Valeiren
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:11 am
OK! Thanks! Heading over to the Sims 1 forum to ask some newbie questions.

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm
wave Hi Valeiren!
Welcome to the Hullabaloo!
I'm sure you're going to really like being here with us. Grin

nanci2121
Late Bloomer