Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: No Age Discrimination!
:story: No Age Discrimination!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:33 am
No Age Discrimination!
Marisa changes careers

Somewhere deep inside, Marisa Bendett Zoom had always (or at least since I installed University) envied her husband Ransom's career as a Criminal Mastermind. But it seemed ungrateful for a Hall of Famer to want more, so she hadn't mentioned it. Until one night, in the course of a very deep discussion, she told her secret, and he gave her an email address.

She was so excited she got up in her undies just after dawn, and wrote the letter.
Ransom warned her about the Mob's age issues, but it was worth a try.

"Hey boss, looka this!"

"Whatcha got, minion?"

"Email from Ransom Zoom's old lady. She wants to sign up for a bank job, har har har!"

"She got the skillz?"

"Well, yeah, looks like she's pretty good. But she's Zoom's old lady, ya know? Ooooold, har har har harrraggggghhhkkk..."

"While Fred there's tryin' ta work his way out of the Choking Necklace of Ravenous Fire Ants, I'll tell youse guys a little story."

(Other minions) "K-k-k-k-kay boss".

"Last week my Dad, youse know my Dad, used to be Doctor Destructo back in the day, got in his head he wanted to get into science, go work for Massive Gadgets in their lab, ya know? An' when he went in ta interview, dhey laughed in his face. In my Dad's face. Said he wuz 'too old'. Bahstahds."

(Other minions) "Is dat dhe same Massive Gadgets dat wuz flattened by dat flamin' asteroid strike t' other day?"

"Yeah, zackly. So I'm thinkin' maybe there'll be alot less Age Discrimination is dhis berg for awhile..."

Marisa's New Look
So my second instance of cheating, this time via a JMP hack rather than via testingCheats, seems to have worked fine, and Marisa's on her way to her LTW. Yay!

And now we're considering getting Ransom a real job again, too, since it seems like getting to 100K after retirement just by writing novels is going to take for-ev-er, and if we'd known in advance that was his lifetime want we never would have had him retire so early...

DC
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:33 am
I like your take on this! Grin
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:22 am
Sita wrote:
I like your take on this! Grin

Thanks! It's made the Zoom house a bit more interesting to play, now that I can shoot for at least one LTW.

(I've also found that if you have a couple of married Fortune Sims who never seem to spin up wants about each other any more, if you have them do a set of social / romantic interactions anyway it can sort of remind them of the old days, and they'll start spinning up other-regarding interactions again. I've been able to keep Ransom and Marisa platinum for long stretches through cuddly marital interactions again lately, just like when they were newlyweds!)

DC
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:17 pm
More Marisa and Ransom

As described in far greater detail here, it wasn't all that long after the events depicted above that Marisa acheived her life's ambition.

Another master criminal in the neighborhood.

Ransom, on the other hand, has been madly writing novels; and since novels and paintings and money are all he cares about these days it's a long time between aspiration boosts. (The happy time I mentioned above, when Ransom would reliably get amorous wants toward Marisa, didn't last all that long.)

Neglecting the guests
That's Peran, who used to board with the Zooms but moved to Rooms to Let because it was so boring, on the pinball machine.

It got so bad I had Marisa painting paintings for Ransom to sell, just to keep him in gold-or-better.

Ho-hum, another masterpiece.

But now that we have Nightlife, they can date!

Dating in the kitchen
Mariss looks scary in that outfit, doesn't she? Very appropriate. Being on a date with her has so far joggled Ransom out of his creative obsessions, and spun up some wife-related wants, so dates build up the aspiration level nicely.

And the bouquets of roses are building up.

Marisa delivers the flowers after Dream Date Number Two.

We'll see if this phase lasts long enough for Ransom to finally get to 100K! (Or if I lose patience first and just get him a job or run him through the Orb or something. But so far the plot is keeping my interest...)

embarrassed ...and apologies to Marisa for my constantly forgetting how many r's and s's there are in her first name (and t's in her maiden name, for that matter)...
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:57 am
It's so sweet that they give flowers to their spouses! I love that. And of course if it is the spouse you can safely put the flowers on display somewhere.

flower flower flower
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:09 am
Neat! At least somebody in dis boig dudn't discriminate 'gainst us ol' folks!

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:14 am
I think we should send some of these OAP Criminal Masterminds to "persuade" Greg that he should have some oldies in his stories too.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:15 am
Hey! I have every intention of allowing my grandparents to grow old again.

I just gotta get 'em back from college first.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:43 am
Sita wrote:
It's so sweet that they give flowers to their spouses! I love that. And of course if it is the spouse you can safely put the flowers on display somewhere.

flower flower flower

Yeah, so far it's my old married couples and my Romance sims who've been dating. For everyone else my guess is that it's a good way to fall in love with someone once, but maybe not such a good way to shop around for a potential life-mate (because it seems like any date with a reasonably good ending score would involve the parties being in love at the end; but maybe I just haven't played with it enough).

Do the flowers cause jealousy reactions from other lovers? The documentation is a little ambiguous about this; it says explicitly that the post-date letters can do that (I've never had a Sim get one of those), but it doesn't say anything about the flowers. I haven't seen any flower-caused jealousy reactions yet (although if it's possible the opportunity has presented itself at both Suzette's and Gina's, and I think at Sally's).
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:26 pm
Not sure, Dave, I tend to keep such things in their Inventory, and play safe. Furious is such a pain.
:story: No Age Discrimination!