Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
The Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:26 am
Updates from Enderby: Once again, not a sequel.
Not posted in the story because, a) the story has finished, and b) these aren't part of the story anyway...

Let's see.. most recent things to happen which haven't been discussed...

Well, firstly, the Pleasant family moved into Enderby. No pictures available, but Angela and Lillith are currently toddlers.

Secondly, no more snowsuit! Elizabeth grew up!

Elizabeth Bennett - The Childhood Years

Note to self: If Gregsim and She have any more daughters on this point on the Probability Axis, it won't be Hitchhiker's anymore. It'll be Pride and Predjudice...

Currently, Zara is three or four days to teenhood. (Is that even a word?) Marson Wells/DeFacto has two days left as a child. I have plans, but with the increased number of Downtownie children, there seems to be no way that they'll ever meet.

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:05 am
Nihale199 wrote:
I have plans, but with the increased number of Downtownie children, there seems to be no way that they'll ever meet.

That usually seems to work out somehow.

Great name for a thread, btw. Keep the pictures coming!

DC
Re: The Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:41 pm
[quote="Nihale199"]...Elizabeth grew up![/url]

Interesting! I would have expected her to bear a strong resemblance to all their kids in Happy Valley, but her nose and chin seem to be quite unique to Elizabeth.

Nihale199 wrote:
... Zara is three or four days to teenhood. (Is that even a word?)

It is now! Grin

Re: The Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:56 pm
Greg wrote:
Nihale199 wrote:
...Elizabeth grew up!

I would have expected her to bear a strong resemblance to all their kids in Happy Valley, but her nose and chin seem to be quite unique to Elizabeth.

It may be because She's face is a different shape. Because I couldn't quite tell what shape Her face was, I used the first archetype on page 3 of CAS.

Oh, and for "Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash," that comes from Mostly Harmless - or at least the radio version.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:07 pm
Stopping by at the DeFacto residence...

It is now too late. I'll have to play Manse Orleans some more, or get Elizabeth to invite Marson over.

He's a fortune sim (He's a DeFacto. Whadda y' expect?), and he's spun up Become Criminal Mastermind. Which is in character for him. He sort of reminds me of Peran.

Also, Jessica died. Because she was the eldest of the sisters (I think... Jessie, then Cathy, then Leia and Penny... Yep, seems right.), she was spoilt and didn't do anything. But I decided that she should just get married to someone and irritate them instead. So she's now not dead.

Can I persuade anyone to have her in their game? She's black haired and green eyed, and has the same hairstlye as Charlotte. Fortune and medium neat, very shy, all other points quite high.
(For a full breakdown of personality, see HHGE. There's a table in there somewhere. Page four, I think.)
I'd upload her onto the exchange, but it'll only let me use the NL version, which'd be unfair for people like Greg and DC, who either dislike it or haven't got round to installing yet.

Also also, Penny is pregnant. Don't know how many, or what gender(s), but Marson is going to be a big brother.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:06 pm
At Tri-Var House, Crazy Go Nuts... Sorry, Sim State U:
Do we have a code for strikethru?

Anthony Cox: Art, Magna_Cum_Laude
Charlotte Redgrave: Improbability Physics, Cum_Laude
Jackie Redgrave: History, Cum_Laude
Jay Redgrave: Psychology, Cum_Laude
Ophelia Nigmos: Biology, Cum_Laude

Amid Not Much Fanfare

That's it? We should at least get some congratulatory thing other than a silly little corner popup box. In my opinion, sending Sims through college is fun the first time, but after that, well, it's not. This is time number twenty-odd, counting Pleasantview and Old Strangetown.

And on a general note:

Oh My! Things Sure Have Changed Around Here!

Due to passing of resolution ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, 5th Ave. was split in two, with the left half being called Rochester Dr., and the right half being called Darcy St. (Though there's no need to update the map. It's fine as it is.)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:44 pm
Oh my! Houses are popping up like mushrooms!

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:22 am
Hmm.. I think house numbers won't be increasing anymore. There are many more houses than families, and even though I've got an idea for a couple more citizens, I can't think of any surnames.

Five pictures today. Though I think it said something about bandwith. It'll sort itself out tomorrow, it also said.

It has been a day of moving people about. Jay has claimed the Manse. Sim-me and Leia have moved to EverAfter Oaks. The DeFactos are in a mansion, which is the focus of this post. The Coxes are settled down. Gregsim, She, Liz and Zara are in the process of moving to 25 Darcy Street.

Jessie Was a Bit Shocked

This May Be Why

<Continued in next post, due to bandwithy things. Something about limit number of pictures in each...>

Last edited by Nihale199 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:27 am
Two Weddings and A Something-Or-Other

Firstly, Jay and Ophelia. Ophelia has the same pirate outfit which she wears in Happy Valley. This is something to do with the WSOGMM, which I don't want to explain.

--------------------------------------

And, presenting Mr and Mrs Cox. This is in a lovely little house which I'm very proud of.

I like that style of dress. Can you tell?

--------------------------------------

Remember the Retro Screenshot from HHGE? Of EverAfter Oaks? Well, here it is in (almost) all its done-up Enderbian glory.

It just looked too dark and dingy before. Even though it was in a similar decorative style to Manse Orleans. Thing is, that style suits Manse Orleans...

Last edited by Nihale199 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:22 am
Oh neat! I've tried several times to build a house like 25 Darcy Street, but with limited success. I think I see the important technique now--set it back way back from the road and set the middle of the house even further back.

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:38 am
Greg, 25 Darcy Street is the creamy-white house to the right of Manse Orleans. It's something like 150 Sim Lane in Pleasantview.
The large mansion (DeFacto Manor) is available on the exchange.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:34 pm
Re-emphasising a point: This is 25 Darcy Street.

The Bennetts Settle In

I don't know if I mentioned this before (probably have, but anyhoo), but Jay got Manse Orleans' Doppelganger when he left ESSU. Simple reason is: it'd be a full house otherwise.

Oh, and - first time I tried to move the Bennetts into their new home, they froze. No movement at all. Nada. Symptoms of the Bomb That Wiped Out Happy Valley, perhaps?

Anyways, the crisis was averted. Evict. Bulldoze. Place again from lotbin. Edit slightly. It was then safe to move into.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:28 pm
The way you did that roof is very interesting! I'll have to try that!

When the bomb hit, the people didn't freeze; they disappeared! I could enter some of the houses, and nobody was home. Other houses crashed the game when I tried to load them.

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:44 pm
Greg wrote:
The way you did that roof is very interesting!

Misplaced credit. It's a Maxis house.

Greg also wrote:
When the bomb hit, the people didn't freeze; they disappeared! I could enter some of the houses, and nobody was home. Other houses crashed the game when I tried to load them.

Odd. I could have sworn that JM said the symptoms of the Bomb were as I described them. (Though I didn't describe them to him. It was someone else's post.) Maybe he misunderstood what you meant to begin with...

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:00 pm
Nihale199 wrote:
Greg wrote:
The way you did that roof is very interesting!

Misplaced credit. It's a Maxis house.

Good! Then I won't feel guilty when I steal the technique and accept credit for it! Grin

Nihale199 wrote:
Greg also wrote:

Odd. I could have sworn that JM said the symptoms of the Bomb were as I described them. (Though I didn't describe them to him. It was someone else's post.) Maybe he misunderstood what you meant to begin with...

Yeah, we must have had a comm dropout somewhere. Here's the Hullabaloo thread about The Bomb That Wiped Out Happy Valley. In that thread I said that the characters had become disconnected from the houses they lived in, but didn't explicity mention that those houses showed up as completely empty in the game.

It looked as if they'd just moved out, except that all their character files were corrupted.

I haven't seen any reports of anyone else having this experience, so it continues to be a mystery. There's no doubt in mind, however, that it was caused by the first patch that EA released.

The Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash