Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Greeting fellow Simmers!
Greeting fellow Simmers!
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:56 am
Hello everyone!

I just joined the Hullabaloo. I found the site by “accident” (as most of my good finds are).

I am impressed with how much you folks seem devoted not only to your Sims, but sharing their adventures with the rest of the world.

I’ll be snooping around the boards as I get comfortable, but I’ve been looking for a site like this one. The EA boards are about as user-“unfriendly” as I think could be possible, I’ve never even posted there.

EA's "community site"'s difficulty-of-use / navigation, combined with the lack of intelligent discourse, has distressed me for a long time.

I am looking forward to becoming an active member of this community.

See you all in Strangetown!

Ziggles

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:05 pm
Hi Ziggles! Welcome to the Hullabaloo! :welcomewave: We're glad to have you with us! =)

If you have any questions or troubles with the board, please let me know. :winky:

Otherwise . . . Have Fun! =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:59 pm
Ziggles wrote:
Hello everyone!

Hi, Ziggles, and welcome! I'm pretty much a newbie here myself; it's a really nice place.

I've posted a few things on the EA BBS (I think I'm a Social Bunny or something, even), and found a few good answers there, and read some good stories. But even in the last few months the quality seems to have gone downhill. Lots and lots of wrong-answer syndrome, where people just post the first thing that comes to mind when they read a question, even if it's completely wrong, in hopes that they'll get the sacred Bene. Sigh! And lots of just useless and acrimonious chatter on the forums, and incomprehensible misspelled stories about Sims who are supposed to be some celebrity I've never heard of or something. (Okay, so maybe my standards are too high.)

So anyway! Post some pictures and stories of whatever your Sims are doing, and I'll be happy...

*8)

DC
Re:Greeting fellow Simmers!
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:45 pm
Welcome Ziggles!

If you are looking for "friendly", I definately think you will find it here. Our Carrot keeps everything here very nice and guards against it degrading to Maxis BBS standards.

Jump right in!

-SCG
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:33 pm
Hi Ziggles!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:45 pm
Hello Ziggles!

Here's hoping you'll enjoy being here at the Hullabaloo!

Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:07 pm
Wow! Thanks you folks for the warm welcome. My keyboard isn't cold from registering!

This may sound a bit silly, embarrassed but (given the volume of stuff here at the Hullabaloo ... good work everyone!) where do you recommend I start investigating the boards? :detective: They are massive!

I'm excited to be looking around!

-- Ziggles

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:52 pm
Ziggles wrote:
(given the volume of stuff here at the Hullabaloo ... good work everyone!) where do you recommend I start investigating the boards? :detective: They are massive!

I'd suggest dipping into Happy Valley (and joining the rest of us hoping that Greg gets solid computer and net access back soon, heh heh), and in general reading the story threads in the Sims 2 : Discussions, Help & Stories forum. But that's just because I like stories! *8)

And of course you can start obsessively looking at the "View posts since last visit" page when you really ought to be doing other things, like I do *8), to keep up with the current Hot Topics...

DC
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:05 pm
Ziggles wrote:
Wow! Thanks you folks for the warm welcome. My keyboard isn't cold from registering!

This may sound a bit silly, embarrassed but (given the volume of stuff here at the Hullabaloo ... good work everyone!) where do you recommend I start investigating the boards? :detective: They are massive!

I'm excited to be looking around!

-- Ziggles

Hi Ziggles! =)

Well, I highly recommend the Sims 2 : Discussions, Help & Stories forum (You don't want to miss Greg or DC's stories!) or the rather "new" Nightlife forum (if you're looking for info regarding the NL EP).

We've got some GREAT stories going on here at the Hullabaloo (the BEST I've ever seen anywhere - and I'm not "just saying that.") =D

Also, there's Nihale's story and other interesting "bits" in the "My Sim - Myself" forum.

In a "nutshell" I think the Hullabaloo has (to my delight) become a massive "Imagination Think Tank" . . . =D

I encourage all members to share their Sim stories/pictures (which are things we can't seem to get enough of around here. =) hehe

Even if you don't have a "story" in mind, pictures are just as much fun! :woohoo:

Nevertheless, posting stories/pictures is not mandatory . . . :winky:

Enjoy! =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:17 pm
Hi Ziggles! :wavey:

:welanim:

I'm sure you're going to enjoy the Hullabaloo!
It's great to have you with us! :winky:

nanci2121
Greeting fellow Simmers!