Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Family
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fortune
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Grilled Cheese
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Knowledge
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Pleasure
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Popularity
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Romance
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:31 am
lionamax wrote:
oops... I didn't read it well... Well my leat Favorite is Popularity... Because the sims who have the aspiration of popularity want's a lot of friends and i'm bad to make friends :p

I don't think Popularity is quite that bad. They usually have lesser wants like "Meet Someone New" so you can just Chat on the computer with someone your Sim doesn't know. You can also get them up to friendship by Chatting or Talking on the phone, so you don't have to supervise their interactions to make sure they aren't poking each other's eyes out.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:32 pm
doesn't Pleasure come with Nightlife? Devilishly Wicked Evil Grin
Eleyia
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:56 am
My least favorite is Fortune. I can handle all the others (but grilled cheese, which I've never had the desire to try). I just hate it when all their wants involve buying things there isn't room for on the lot they live on.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:46 am
Eleyia wrote:
My least favorite is Fortune. I can handle all the others (but grilled cheese, which I've never had the desire to try). I just hate it when all their wants involve buying things there isn't room for on the lot they live on.

Yup! If I could fix Romance, Fortune would be next on my list! Any time a Fortune NPC walks by one of my lots, I change the aspiration to something else.

Now I'm thinking the original poll should have had another category: "All of the above."

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:49 am
I love Grilled Cheese. Come home from work in a bad mood, serve and eat grilled cheese (near constant wants), and presto! Aspiration level high enough to use the Energizer machine!

My Grilled Cheese Sim is getting pretty fat tho, since he eats 4 out of every 6 sandwiches he makes.

Does anyone know how you "make {food} for {another Sim}"?

BTW, Fortune Sims aren't that bad. You stick them on an empty lot and buy everything they want that costs less than 1000 simoleans. This should get them enough Aspiration Points to buy an Energizer machine and their Aspiration Levels high enough to use it. Buy them an easel, whether they want it or not, and work them to 10 creativity, and they'll want to sell masterpieces all the time. They may never get Perma-Plat, but they will have pretty nice lives!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:53 am
miros1 wrote:

That must be one of those things that appears in the terra incognita of expansion packs.

Another pet peeve: How difficult would it have been to have a sim cook only 2 meals when serving food to only 2 people? Or not to put a plate on the table for a toddler who can't eat it? Or put a high chair next to the table so that a toddler can eat it?

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 am
If the toddler is in the high chair when the food becomes ready, the server will give them a bowl of food.

This means either the cook has to put the kid in the chair before cooking or you've got to coordinate with another Sim to get the kid there before the food is done.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:12 am
miros1 wrote:
If the toddler is in the high chair when the food becomes ready, the server will give them a bowl of food.

This means either the cook has to put the kid in the chair before cooking or you've got to coordinate with another Sim to get the kid there before the food is done.

Oh! Well ya learn something every day! Does the toddler socialize with the other folks during the meal?

I gotta try this!

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:26 pm
I'm not sure about socializing. I play with the sound off so all I can report is the toddler doesn't produce speech bubbles.

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:37 pm
miros1 wrote:

Well, I made Nervous Subject a Grilled Cheese aspiration, He Serves (breakfast/lunch/dinner)... Grilled Cheese sandwiches and by the time Loki or Circe eats it, his want gets fullfilled.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:54 pm
lionamax wrote:
oops... I didn't read it well... Well my leat Favorite is Popularity... Because the sims who have the aspiration of popularity want's a lot of friends and i'm bad to make friends :p

Oh, you want JMP's autoyak and macro hacks...

Autoyak lets you "Call... Friends" and it will run through your whole list of friends and call each one and talk til the relationship is up to 100. It's the only way to keep a huge list of friends!

The Macro hack includes an assortment of "Socialize..." choices, such as Friendly, Unfriendly, and Romantic. Each interaction isn't foolproof, but they immediately try another one (usually lower risk) if one "fails." If you get your family Socializing Friendly with different people at a party, each one of them will probably have a new friend by the end of the event. It's also great for repairing relationships that are way low or negative due to some stupid interaction the game caused autonomously.

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:06 pm
I love JMP's hacks. Never had a problem with any of them and they actually make game play so much easier.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
miros1
Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:48 pm
The only "bad" effect I ever had from one of JMP's hacks was an outdated version of the phonehack that I got from someone's house...

Very quickly taught me to run Clean Installer, lol!

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:15 pm
miros1 wrote:
The only "bad" effect I ever had from one of JMP's hacks was an outdated version of the phonehack that I got from someone

Why is it I know who you are talking about?

BTW do the hacks gotten that way show up at your downloads folder?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:37 pm
Yes, but more often than not, the names are weird hex numbers, so you can't even guess where they came from. I got a second copy of Sergeant Cuddles from another download, and it took me ages to figure out what was going on.

That particular one did come through with a name (or maybe I got it from one of the resources, I don't remember), so I was able to track it down.

I now religiously use Clean Installer for houses, and Multi Sims2Pack Installer (I think by Delphy from MTS2) for other Sims2Pack files. It splits them into separate packages with correct or at least reasonable facsimilies of the file names, so you can then drag them into the correct sub-folder in Downloads. No wondering if there's stuff in Teleport or the other Sims2 Limbo where half-way installed stuff goes.

Has anyone ever heard of a similar splitter/unpackager for Sims2Skin files?

Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?