Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Family
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fortune
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Grilled Cheese
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Knowledge
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Pleasure
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Popularity
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Romance
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:55 pm

Please vote in the poll and then post and tell us why you voted the way you did!

* scroll up if you can't see the poll =) *

Thanks! =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:09 pm
Quick! Close the polls! With two precincts reporting in, Romance is the unqualified loser! :razz4:

<gd&lrh>

Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:35 pm
Greg wrote:
Quick! Close the polls! With two precincts reporting in, Romance is the unqualified loser! :razz4:

<gd&lrh>

LOL :laughing:

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:44 pm
I voted "Romance" because (in my pea-brain) there is nothing "romantic" (or remotely interesting) about "woohooing the neighborhood".

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I'm "cruel" to my "romance minded" Sims . . . they just don't get a lot of their "wants" filled unless those wants apply to a spouse (their own, not someone elses) OR another single sim (if the romance sim is single themselves).

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:17 pm
Carrot wrote:
I voted "Romance" because (in my pea-brain) there is nothing "romantic" (or remotely interesting) about "woohooing the neighborhood".

Ditto. It's not even a case nymphomania; it's more some kind of ego fulfillment based on scoring.

Carrot wrote:
HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I'm "cruel" to my "romance minded" Sims . . .

I'm not cruel to them, either. I just change their aspirations to something less insane. lol

I'm a big fan of adjusting the parameters so that I'm play my game, not something programmed by a strange bunch in California.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:50 pm
Shucks, I like 'em all! Well, I've never played Pleasure or Grilled Cheese (or, heck, Popularity for that matter). Have to think about it for awhile. I might vote for Romance just because they can cause so much complicated navigation to avoid jealousy incidents (on the other hand sometimes that complicated navigation is fun).

The second CAS Sim that I ever created, before I had any idea what I was doing, was Romance, and I had great fun with her (still do, in fact; she's the Elixir Factory's best customer). Now that her daughter has come back from college and is introducing her to lots of hot Young Adults, she has a much better chance of making some of the higher-numbered goals without causing trouble in the neighborhood! *8)

"Hey Mom, come on over; there's someone you have to meet!
Dawson Day (I think that's his name) is an odd fellow, actually; I think I've seen him doing casual walkbys in both University and normal lots, which I didn't think was possible. He also gets into hot tubs naked.

And in Romance's defense, I will note here that only a smallish fraction of their Wants are "X with N different Sims"; most of them are much more modest: a want for affectionate human contact, whether with someone new and exciting or someone familiar and comforting. I think of them as great people persons (Sim Sims?). Their way of relating to people just happens to involve Eros more than Agape. Nothing wrong with that...

DC
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:24 pm
I hate romance sims. They have been easier to play since I have used insim to turn off jealousy hehe...

Fortune sims follow at a close seconds...I hate the LTW of earn 100,000!!!!!

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Popularity Sims are my least favorite because of the timed parties. I hate anything Maxis has made timed in Sims 2. I'm surprised they didn't make Woohoo and Meals timed too.

-SCG

I haven't tried a pleasure sim yet but I plan to soon.
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 am
Romance sims are my least favourite. When I have time, I'm going to attack Enderby's Vamp with the Renu-Yu Thingy.

My second least favourite are Family sims. They're fine, but the "Honey, I'm home!" yodel is really, really annoying.

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:30 am
So what are Popularity Sims like? I've never played one, somehow. (And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that while there are at least five standard-issue townies of every other aspiration, there's only one Popularity.) I'm currently planning to have Gina Raptor's firstborn be Popularity, but there's no telling how long it'll be before she decides to have a kid. Given that they don't want to fall in love with everyone *8) I'd think they'd be easier than Romance?

DC
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:01 pm
I've played all aspirations except for grilled cheese ... although I've heard it exists, I've never played it.

It seems to me as an aspiration it would only be "fun" seeing how a Sim with "Grilled Cheese" as an aspiration irritates others Sims.

Has anyone actually played "Grilled Cheese?"

-- Ziggles

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:02 pm
Hi Ziggles . . . =)

I've tried it with only one Sim and in a word it's a bit . . . (how shall I put this) . . . . annoying. :doubt: lol

I had one of my elder sims purposely use the "ReNuYu Senso Orb" while under gold aspiration status (using the orb under the gold level will give you the grilled cheese aspiration). He immediately became fat and all his wants/fears changed to grilled cheese related wants/fears. After this, his lifetime want was to eat 200 grilled cheese sandwiches.

In a "nutshell" he became annoying to his family and friends with all the "grilled cheese talk" since only "other" grilled cheese sims can understand/tolerate the want to talk about grilled cheese. lol

Maybe I didn't give the GC aspiration enough of a chance or perhaps there needs to be more than "one" grilled cheese sim around, but I changed him back to the "knowledge" aspiration just to give his family relief. lol =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:13 pm
There are a couple of amusing (not wildly funny or masterpieces, but not awful) stories about Grilled Cheese Sims on the EA BBS (searching on "Grilled" turned up a couple of them just now). And I read something somewhere that said that having two of them on the same lot made it easy to keep them in high aspiration, 'cause they could just constantly eat and talk about it with each other... *8)

DC
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:42 pm
DC,

Popularity Sims love a huge network of friends. Their wants center around having parties, meeting new people, becoming their friend, contacting friends and interacting with friends. I've managed to keep them out of the red without having their parties but I just find other aspirations easier.

My favorites are the family sims and romance sims. A family sim and a romance sim get along wonderfully if you have the romance sim channel all it's romantic wants into the family sim. Makes for a pleasant and easily run household.

-SCG
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:53 pm
SimCityGallery wrote:
My favorites are the family sims and romance sims. A family sim and a romance sim get along wonderfully if you have the romance sim channel all it's romantic wants into the family sim. Makes for a pleasant and easily run household.

Ooh, that's interesting! I've never played a permanently paired Romance sim (Sally and Gina just have lots and lots of evening guests; Eleanor has been serially monogamous (well, oligogamous) with Kaylynn Langerak and Brandi Letourneau (and it looks like soon Kennedy Cox), but it's never a lifetime sort of thing). Maybe next time I find myself running a Romance Sim I'll try a more permanent relationship.

My favorite pairings so far have been Family and Knowledge, and Fortune and Fortune (although in their old age that second pair, Ransom Zoom and Marisa Bendett Zoom, seem to be sort of losing interest in each other; I should remind them to spend more time interacting with each other so as not to Drift Apart!).

And Jane Danvers (Family) and Georgia Bendett (Fortune) are married now and are getting along great with their adopted son (although I admit I haven't been playing that house all that much, just because it's so crowded that it takes me lots and lots of real-time play to get through a Sim day). That seems like it should be a good pairing also, at least in theory (I think the Prima guide recommends it, but maybe they just have the traditional RL "Breadwinner and Homemaker" stereotype in mind).

DC