Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Family
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fortune
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Grilled Cheese
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Knowledge
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Pleasure
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Popularity
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Romance
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:45 pm
Having played it a bit I find I rather like the Pleasure aspiration too.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:28 am
kelly wrote:
I like the Knowledge or Pleasure aspiration....

Basically I always played w/ Knowledge so my Sims wouldn't
want to WooHoo all the time.. Lol.. And then I don't know what
a Public WooHoo was... but .. umm... I'll stick w/ Knowledge...

I had to tell my son one time that it was the Fourth of July
at the Sims house because he asked where the fireworks were
coming from.. Lol :1eye:

But now w/ nightlife.. I like the Pleasure aspiration...
So whenever I do play it is either of those too...

My least favorite is anything w/ the Woohoo want.. lol..
like Romance!

Kelly

I was thinking about how to play The Sims 2 while young children are around. I think the answer is: Don't.

I've had Knowledge sims who wanted to woohoo, but once they've done it, that seems to be enough for them; at least until they get married.

kelly
Ruler of The Sim Republic
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:57 am
Ya, that is why I end up playing w/ a lady sim and a kid that I create at the CAS....

Make her the Knowledge aspiration, and only talk on the phone... lol..

Also, I learned... shut off Free Will.. LOL... otherwise you have no control over
what they are planning on doing.. :ahhh:

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 pm
Greg wrote:
I was thinking about how to play The Sims 2 while young children are around. I think the answer is: Don't.

Why not? If they're too young to know what's going on they won't think anything of it, and if they're old enough to know what's going on the presentation is so "clean" (all those blankets and giggling) that it's not going to do them any harm. 'course everyone has their own standards for these things... *8)

Greg wrote:
I've had Knowledge sims who wanted to woohoo, but once they've done it, that seems to be enough for them; at least until they get married.

When Brandi LeTourneau (a Knowledge Sim) first fell in love with Sandy Bruty, she was utterly insatiable; she rolloed up the "Woohoo with Sandy" want two or three times in quick succession, on more than one occasion. And she still brings it up at least every day or two. They're quite a pair! *8) So it probably depends on more than just aspiration (although maybe Sandy's being Romance had something to do with it?).

DC
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:49 pm
Ivy loves to watch me play the sims. She has kind of lost interest lately though unless there is a baby being born or growing up, then she runs to the computer. She understands so far that in order to have a baby, they have to woohoo. (She listens for the lullabye bells). She asked my neice how her friend got a baby in her belly, actually she specifically asked "why is Cheyenne pregnant?" My neice replied that they decided to have a baby, to which Ivy replied " Ohhhhh! Did they woohoo together?" My neice about died laughing.

The thing that has been a little harder to explain to her, is same sex couples. My neice is gay but it's not common knowledge in the family, so I can't use that for an example or everyone in the family would know...Ivy is quite chatty.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration? :weee: :lovesic
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:14 pm
Liss wrote:
My neice replied that they decided to have a baby, to which Ivy replied " Ohhhhh! Did they woohoo together?" My neice about died laughing.

Liss, thanks so much for this! I :happyhappy: Laughed Out Loud :happyhappy: (literally!) when I read this!

Liss wrote:
The thing that has been a little harder to explain to her, is same sex couples.

:lovesick: You are so creative I'm sure you'll come up with something loving, informative, and balanced. If it includes the Sims2 as a teaching tool, do you promise to share with us?

Thanks again for this wonderful post!

-- Ziggles

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:58 pm
If my Sims "get that lovin' feeling" while I'm playing (and the kids are awake), I just mute my speakers. If the kids are nearby, I just quickly scroll way off screen and of course I end up across the street in the neighbors yard. They must think I'm crazy for playing a game where I'm "outside in the dark looking at nothing" a lot of the time . . LOL

They've yet to see "woohoo" (and I'm grateful they haven't asked where the babies come from). :ahhh:

=D

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:39 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

Why not? If they're too young to know what's going on they won't think anything of it, and if they're old enough to know what's going on the presentation is so "clean" (all those blankets and giggling) that it's not going to do them any harm. 'course everyone has their own standards for these things... *8)

The difficulty with young children is having to explain what's going on in the woohoo scenes, though it helps if you turn off the cut scenes.

But that's not the only reason I wouldn't want young children to play this game. Sims have very warped values that I would not want to teach to children. They're self-centered and materialistic with no concept of community, honesty, honor, or personal integrity. This is not a good value system for children in a civilized society, though it might work well for Californians. Grin

lionamax
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 pm
I voted for Family! I can't explain why i liked family more than the others aspirations, maybe because they have the easiers wants?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:09 pm
Um, this is LEAST favorite...

My least favorite is Fortune. They keep wanting stuff they can't afford and it gets "stuck" and you can't satisfy any of their aspirations...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:16 pm
lionamax wrote:
I voted for Family! I can't explain why i liked family more than the others aspirations, maybe because they have the easiers wants?

It sounds like you were confused by the question. Carrot ("Sheba") originally asked what aspiration you like the least. That was a polite way of asking which aspiration you dislike the most.

I like family sims the most because they seem to be a little bit less crazy than all the others.

Hmm... I'd say that, in order, from most favorite to least favorite, I like:
    1. Family
    2. Knowledge
    3. Popularity
    4. Fortune
    5. Romance

I know know about the Pleasure aspiration because I've never played it. Pure hedonism, is it?

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:25 pm
Greg wrote:
I know know about the Pleasure aspiration because I've never played it. Pure hedonism, is it?

If you consider, say, bowling to be a form of hedonism. *8)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:25 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

If you consider, say, bowling to be a form of hedonism. *8)

I think that would get into the fascinating subject of what the heck "hedonism" is. I think it means the pursuit of pleasure for its own sake, perhaps elevated to being a moral philosophy.

Since folks derive pleasure from bowling (else why would they do it?), then I'd say it would fall into a hedonistic pursuit for those who enjoy it.

lionamax
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:00 am
oops... I didn't read it well... Well my leat Favorite is Popularity... Because the sims who have the aspiration of popularity want's a lot of friends and i'm bad to make friends :p

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:47 am
Greg wrote:
Since folks derive pleasure from bowling (else why would they do it?), then I'd say it would fall into a hedonistic pursuit for those who enjoy it.

Yeah, I was feebly joking. There are two senses of "hedonism": the literal meaning of the word (which corresponds to what you said, and certainly includes bowling for those who get pleasure from it), and the way the Mrs. Grundies tend to use it (which corresponds more to the Romance aspiration, nudge nudge wink wink). I still haven't played a Pleasure Sim either, but from what I've heard about it many of their Wants are small and innocent and below the radar of the Mrs. Grundy meaning of "hedonism"...
Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?