Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Family
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fortune
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Grilled Cheese
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Knowledge
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Pleasure
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Popularity
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Romance
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:06 pm
I had that happen with a Fortune-Fortune pairing in my game too, DC. They seem too busy doing their own thing that they drift apart if you don't remind them that the other exists. Mine are now Elder sims and still together but barely above friend level. Had that happen to a Knowledge-Knowledge pairing too. Appears it might be best to mix it up more for better couple relationships.

-SCG
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:59 pm
Carrot wrote:
I've tried it with only one Sim and in a word it's a bit . . . (how shall I put this) . . . . annoying. :doubt: lol

Carrot,

I suspected it might get a little "old," both for the poor Sims as well as for the operator! Grin

After your description though, I would like to see the antics myself. I've only used the ReNuYu Senso Orb to change aspirations once (the orb looks like it holds 6 charges or so).

I suppose I need to make a poor test Sim :ahhh: and try this out.

Thanks!

- Ziggles

Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:03 am
Ziggles wrote:

The orb looks like it holds 6 charges or so.

I think it's five charges. Aspiration rewards either last a certain amount of time (Love Tub, Noodlesoother, Thinking Cap), have no limit (Money Tree, Counterfeiting Machine) or have five uses (Everything Else).

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:15 am
Liss wrote:
Fortune sims follow at a close seconds...I hate the LTW of earn 100,000!!!!!

I'm with you Liss . . . Lol

I especially hate when they keep "wanting" flower beds and/or trees! :sickly: I swear with one I finally spoke to the screen and told him "there's no more room on your lot you dope!" lol

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:22 am
SimCityGallery wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't make Woohoo and Meals timed too.

:shh1: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't say that, a Maxian might hear you and remember they forgot to add timers for those events!

:laughing: (don't mind me Hon, it's late and I'm "slap happy" . . . =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~ :::: tiptoes quietly away :::: hehe

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:25 am
dmchess wrote:
There are a couple of amusing (not wildly funny or masterpieces, but not awful) stories about Grilled Cheese Sims on the EA BBS (searching on "Grilled" turned up a couple of them just now). And I read something somewhere that said that having two of them on the same lot made it easy to keep them in high aspiration, 'cause they could just constantly eat and talk about it with each other... *8)

DC

Oh! That would be a good idea . . =)

Based on what I've seen (hehe) if they can't talk about it they become depressed rather quickly.

Maybe I'll make a house full of them and see what happens. :hide2: hehe

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:28 am
Nihale199 wrote:
Romance sims are my least favourite. When I have time, I'm going to attack Enderby's Vamp with the Renu-Yu Thingy.

My second least favourite are Family sims. They're fine, but the "Honey, I'm home!" yodel is really, really annoying.

Hehe . . . I have to agree on the yodel, which is just about as bad as a Sim having an MP3 player . . . I REALLY hate that! Lol

~ keep us posted Nihale on how things work out after your "orb attack" . . . :winky:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:35 am
dmchess wrote:
So what are Popularity Sims like? I've never played one, somehow. (And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that while there are at least five standard-issue townies of every other aspiration, there's only one Popularity.) I'm currently planning to have Gina Raptor's firstborn be Popularity, but there's no telling how long it'll be before she decides to have a kid. Given that they don't want to fall in love with everyone *8) I'd think they'd be easier than Romance?

DC

Guess who . . =D lol

Well, Popularity Sims want a lot of "best friends" . . . along with parties, they love parties. They get depressed if they're not meeting new sims or making friends "right and left". Their lifetime want is either related to having "x" amount of "best friends" OR getting to the top of the political/sports/culinary/law enforcement career tracks.

=)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:31 am
Carrot wrote:
I swear with one I finally spoke to the screen and told him "there's no more room on your lot you dope!" lol

One thing about Fortune Sims is that they aren't really interested in having stuff; they're most interested in buying stuff (maybe the aspiration should have been called Shopping). So you can always sell off any plants that are more than a couple of days old, and buy identical new ones, to satisfy those Wants. Relatively cheap aspiration points, really... *8)

DC
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:01 pm
Carrot wrote:
~ keep us posted Nihale on how things work out after your "orb attack" . . . :winky:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Rosie has been changed to Pleasure. Darn Perma-Plat. I wanted Cheese! Cheeese!

(Only joking about the cheese)

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:27 pm
dmchess wrote:
Carrot wrote:
I swear with one I finally spoke to the screen and told him "there's no more room on your lot you dope!" lol

One thing about Fortune Sims is that they aren't really interested in having stuff; they're most interested in buying stuff (maybe the aspiration should have been called Shopping). So you can always sell off any plants that are more than a couple of days old, and buy identical new ones, to satisfy those Wants. Relatively cheap aspiration points, really... *8)

DC

True, very true DC . . . those WERE easy aspiration points back in "vanilla" S2, but after Uni, it doesn't work. =(

I used to buy the desired hottubs, sofas, chairs, plants, etc. - then shortly after take them away (i.e. - sell them back) and each time I'd sell things back my shopping . . (whoops!) I mean fortune minded sims would go to the location of the "missing" item and sulk! LOL

I sold one guy's hottub when he was at work and when he returned home the very first thing he did was walk over to where the hottub used to sit and sulked. Oh well . . . = \ hehe

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Last edited by Sheba on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:04 pm
It's not that I didn't believe you folks, but I had to experience this myself.:happydance:

Poor little Anthony.

This boy takes his grilled cheese ... seriously.

Wants? :chef: Eat Grilled Cheese, Get Joined to Abhijeet, Influence A Sim to Serve Grilled Cheese, :chatter: Talk About Grilled Cheese.
Fears? Burn Grilled Cheese, Eat Bad Grilled Cheese, Loose a Cooking Skill Point.

The folks at Maxis have to have a good time working on this stuff.

Although Anthony's Platinum, it does seem this Aspiration decays pretty rapidly. An afternoon of Grilled Cheese "Heaven" though can put the Sims in a really good mood.

I just wouldn't want to be there. He he he.

Regards,

-- Ziggles

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:10 pm
Carrot wrote:
I used to buy the desired hottubs, sofas, chairs, plants, etc. - then shortly after take them away (i.e. - sell them back) and each time I'd sell things back my shopping . . (whoops!) I mean fortune minded sims would go to the location of the "missing" item and sulk! LOL

Heh! Maybe it depends on how shortly "shortly after" is? I seem to recall the Prima guide (or somewhere) saying that you had to wait at least (um, maybe) two days before selling them back, to avoid losing the aspiration points and getting the sulking behavior? I'm pretty sure I've used this method successfully with Uni installed; the things I was selling back were generally pretty old (and so of course I didn't get anything like full value on selling them back).

(Has anyone else noticed that buying a fountain doesn't satisfy the Fortune "Buy a Fountain" Want? I think I saw this acknowledged as a bug by a Maxoid somewhere once...)

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:37 pm
As I recall, after three days the sims are supposed to stop fretting over your selling something you bought to satisfy an aspiration.

And yup, if I didn't so intensely dislike the so-called Romance aspiration, the /N/e/u/r/o/t/i/c/ /P/o/t/l/a/c/h/ Fortune aspiration would top my list.

Now, as for changing aspirations:
1. boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
2. shift-click on sim
3. select "Set Aspiration..."
4. choose a new aspiration
5. boolprop testingcheatsenabled false.

B'b'but... I though the ReNuYuWhatsit for changing Turn-Ons and Turn-Offs.

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:45 pm
dmchess wrote:
Carrot wrote:

Heh! Maybe it depends on how shortly "shortly after" is? I seem to recall the Prima guide (or somewhere) saying that you had to wait at least (um, maybe) two days before selling them back, to avoid losing the aspiration points and getting the sulking behavior? I'm pretty sure I've used this method successfully with Uni installed; the things I was selling back were generally pretty old (and so of course I didn't get anything like full value on selling them back).

(Has anyone else noticed that buying a fountain doesn't satisfy the Fortune "Buy a Fountain" Want? I think I saw this acknowledged as a bug by a Maxoid somewhere once...)

DC

I never knew that DC . . . thanks for letting me know! :winky: My definition of "shortly" was most likely too short (think, a few sim hours . . . whoops! lol)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~