Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Family
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fortune
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Grilled Cheese
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Knowledge
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Pleasure
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Popularity
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Romance
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
SimCityGallery
Guest
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:06 pm
Reply with quote
I had that happen with a Fortune-Fortune pairing in my game too, DC. They seem too busy doing their own thing that they drift apart if you don't remind them that the other exists. Mine are now Elder sims and still together but barely above friend level. Had that happen to a Knowledge-Knowledge pairing too. Appears it might be best to mix it up more for better couple relationships.

-SCG
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 63
Location: Area 51, outside Strangetown
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:59 pm
Reply with quote
Carrot wrote:
I've tried it with only one Sim and in a word it's a bit . . . (how shall I put this) . . . . annoying. :doubt: lol


Carrot,

I suspected it might get a little "old," both for the poor Sims as well as for the operator! Grin

After your description though, I would like to see the antics myself. I've only used the ReNuYu Senso Orb to change aspirations once (the orb looks like it holds 6 charges or so).

I suppose I need to make a poor test Sim :ahhh: and try this out.

Thanks!

- Ziggles


_________________
-- This space is reserved for something VERY witty. --
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 689
Location: Self-Imposed Exile
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:03 am
Reply with quote
Ziggles wrote:

The orb looks like it holds 6 charges or so.


I think it's five charges. Aspiration rewards either last a certain amount of time (Love Tub, Noodlesoother, Thinking Cap), have no limit (Money Tree, Counterfeiting Machine) or have five uses (Everything Else).

_________________
I feel I have outstayed my welcome.
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:15 am
Reply with quote
Liss wrote:
Fortune sims follow at a close seconds...I hate the LTW of earn 100,000!!!!!


I'm with you Liss . . . Lol

I especially hate when they keep "wanting" flower beds and/or trees! :sickly: I swear with one I finally spoke to the screen and told him "there's no more room on your lot you dope!" lol

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

_________________
She
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:22 am
Reply with quote
SimCityGallery wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't make Woohoo and Meals timed too.



:shh1: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't say that, a Maxian might hear you and remember they forgot to add timers for those events!

:laughing: (don't mind me Hon, it's late and I'm "slap happy" . . . =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~ :::: tiptoes quietly away :::: hehe

_________________
She
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:25 am
Reply with quote
dmchess wrote:
There are a couple of amusing (not wildly funny or masterpieces, but not awful) stories about Grilled Cheese Sims on the EA BBS (searching on "Grilled" turned up a couple of them just now). And I read something somewhere that said that having two of them on the same lot made it easy to keep them in high aspiration, 'cause they could just constantly eat and talk about it with each other... *8)

DC


Oh! That would be a good idea . . =)

Based on what I've seen (hehe) if they can't talk about it they become depressed rather quickly.

Maybe I'll make a house full of them and see what happens. :hide2: hehe

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

_________________
She
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:28 am
Reply with quote
Nihale199 wrote:
Romance sims are my least favourite. When I have time, I'm going to attack Enderby's Vamp with the Renu-Yu Thingy.

My second least favourite are Family sims. They're fine, but the "Honey, I'm home!" yodel is really, really annoying.


Hehe . . . I have to agree on the yodel, which is just about as bad as a Sim having an MP3 player . . . I REALLY hate that! Lol

~ keep us posted Nihale on how things work out after your "orb attack" . . . :winky:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

_________________
She
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:35 am
Reply with quote
dmchess wrote:
So what are Popularity Sims like? I've never played one, somehow. (And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that while there are at least five standard-issue townies of every other aspiration, there's only one Popularity.) I'm currently planning to have Gina Raptor's firstborn be Popularity, but there's no telling how long it'll be before she decides to have a kid. Given that they don't want to fall in love with everyone *8) I'd think they'd be easier than Romance?

DC


Guess who . . =D lol

Well, Popularity Sims want a lot of "best friends" . . . along with parties, they love parties. They get depressed if they're not meeting new sims or making friends "right and left". Their lifetime want is either related to having "x" amount of "best friends" OR getting to the top of the political/sports/culinary/law enforcement career tracks.

=)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

_________________
She
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 1430
Location: New York, USA
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:31 am
Reply with quote
Carrot wrote:
I swear with one I finally spoke to the screen and told him "there's no more room on your lot you dope!" lol

One thing about Fortune Sims is that they aren't really interested in having stuff; they're most interested in buying stuff (maybe the aspiration should have been called Shopping). So you can always sell off any plants that are more than a couple of days old, and buy identical new ones, to satisfy those Wants. Relatively cheap aspiration points, really... *8)

DC
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 689
Location: Self-Imposed Exile
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:01 pm
Reply with quote
Carrot wrote:
~ keep us posted Nihale on how things work out after your "orb attack" . . . :winky:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~


Rosie has been changed to Pleasure. Darn Perma-Plat. I wanted Cheese! Cheeese!

(Only joking about the cheese)

_________________
I feel I have outstayed my welcome.
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:27 pm
Reply with quote
dmchess wrote:
Carrot wrote:
I swear with one I finally spoke to the screen and told him "there's no more room on your lot you dope!" lol

One thing about Fortune Sims is that they aren't really interested in having stuff; they're most interested in buying stuff (maybe the aspiration should have been called Shopping). So you can always sell off any plants that are more than a couple of days old, and buy identical new ones, to satisfy those Wants. Relatively cheap aspiration points, really... *8)

DC


True, very true DC . . . those WERE easy aspiration points back in "vanilla" S2, but after Uni, it doesn't work. =(

I used to buy the desired hottubs, sofas, chairs, plants, etc. - then shortly after take them away (i.e. - sell them back) and each time I'd sell things back my shopping . . (whoops!) I mean fortune minded sims would go to the location of the "missing" item and sulk! LOL

I sold one guy's hottub when he was at work and when he returned home the very first thing he did was walk over to where the hottub used to sit and sulked. Oh well . . . = \ hehe

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~


Last edited by Sheba on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
She
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 63
Location: Area 51, outside Strangetown
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:04 pm
Reply with quote
It's not that I didn't believe you folks, but I had to experience this myself.:happydance:

Poor little Anthony.

This boy takes his grilled cheese ... seriously.


Wants? :chef: Eat Grilled Cheese, Get Joined to Abhijeet, Influence A Sim to Serve Grilled Cheese, :chatter: Talk About Grilled Cheese.
Fears? Burn Grilled Cheese, Eat Bad Grilled Cheese, Loose a Cooking Skill Point.

The folks at Maxis have to have a good time working on this stuff.

Although Anthony's Platinum, it does seem this Aspiration decays pretty rapidly. An afternoon of Grilled Cheese "Heaven" though can put the Sims in a really good mood.

I just wouldn't want to be there. He he he.

Regards,

-- Ziggles

_________________
-- This space is reserved for something VERY witty. --
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 1430
Location: New York, USA
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:10 pm
Reply with quote
Carrot wrote:
I used to buy the desired hottubs, sofas, chairs, plants, etc. - then shortly after take them away (i.e. - sell them back) and each time I'd sell things back my shopping . . (whoops!) I mean fortune minded sims would go to the location of the "missing" item and sulk! LOL

Heh! Maybe it depends on how shortly "shortly after" is? I seem to recall the Prima guide (or somewhere) saying that you had to wait at least (um, maybe) two days before selling them back, to avoid losing the aspiration points and getting the sulking behavior? I'm pretty sure I've used this method successfully with Uni installed; the things I was selling back were generally pretty old (and so of course I didn't get anything like full value on selling them back).

(Has anyone else noticed that buying a fountain doesn't satisfy the Fortune "Buy a Fountain" Want? I think I saw this acknowledged as a bug by a Maxoid somewhere once...)

DC
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Posts: 6672
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:37 pm
Reply with quote
As I recall, after three days the sims are supposed to stop fretting over your selling something you bought to satisfy an aspiration.

And yup, if I didn't so intensely dislike the so-called Romance aspiration, the /N/e/u/r/o/t/i/c/ /P/o/t/l/a/c/h/ Fortune aspiration would top my list.


Now, as for changing aspirations:
1. boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
2. shift-click on sim
3. select "Set Aspiration..."
4. choose a new aspiration
5. boolprop testingcheatsenabled false.

B'b'but... I though the ReNuYuWhatsit for changing Turn-Ons and Turn-Offs.

_________________
Greg
Webmonster
Moon Sims ~ SimsHost ~ Ultimate Sims List
Re:Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 2191
Location: Happy Valley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:45 pm
Reply with quote
dmchess wrote:
Carrot wrote:
I used to buy the desired hottubs, sofas, chairs, plants, etc. - then shortly after take them away (i.e. - sell them back) and each time I'd sell things back my shopping . . (whoops!) I mean fortune minded sims would go to the location of the "missing" item and sulk! LOL

Heh! Maybe it depends on how shortly "shortly after" is? I seem to recall the Prima guide (or somewhere) saying that you had to wait at least (um, maybe) two days before selling them back, to avoid losing the aspiration points and getting the sulking behavior? I'm pretty sure I've used this method successfully with Uni installed; the things I was selling back were generally pretty old (and so of course I didn't get anything like full value on selling them back).

(Has anyone else noticed that buying a fountain doesn't satisfy the Fortune "Buy a Fountain" Want? I think I saw this acknowledged as a bug by a Maxoid somewhere once...)

DC


I never knew that DC . . . thanks for letting me know! :winky: My definition of "shortly" was most likely too short (think, a few sim hours . . . whoops! lol)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

_________________
She
Which Is Your LEAST Favorite Aspiration?
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 6  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
Design by phpBBStyles.com | Styles Database.
Content © The Hullabaloo