Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Rooms to Let
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re::story: Rooms to Let
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:27 pm
Ziggles wrote:
Thanks for this story! I never, ever thought I could care about Townies so much :yahoo: until I found the Hullabaloo!

Thanks for the thanks! (Love validation blush.) Yeah, I know some people never use Townies, but for some reason I enjoy it. Dunno why; maybe I just like the challenge of playing with randomly-dealt hands... *8)

(It's funny, when I was playing the original Sims I never even thought about having someone move in or marry a townie. Dunno why what was, either!)

DC
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:05 pm
dmchess wrote:
Tx to Rose's suggestion (I didn't actually use Chaldean 'cause I didn't want to buy a font just for this, but I followed a link-and-Google trail from there to here, whence I snarfed the "Alphabet of the Magi" font which also looks pretty Simish), the old Rooms to Let building now has a nice subtle plaque on the back wall:

Built in oom-gverty-tubwuff
And I think I put it in a place that I haven't photographed (much?) before, to avoid having to retcon.

Detail is fun... geek

DC

Glad you liked the idea! There are tons of free fonts floating around if all you want is Windows True Type. Even a lot of the Fontcraft fonts have free versions if you poke around.

BTW, in S1, I started an alternate neighborhood where Ginia Kat would marry the townies and then they'd get trapped in this little room in the backyard... One day Tiffany Burb got trapped in the little room and after nature took its course (visitors die much faster than family members BTW), Ginia started consoling Brad and suddenly... Brad, Johnny and Tucker were Kat family members too! Naturally, Brad got trapped in the little room, and Johnny and Tucker ran off to live with Claire Charming (thank you SE 3D, I didn't want to have to kill them). After 4 or 5 husbands, Ginia now has 40K in cash, and is thinking about remodeling that ugly awkward house of hers. I want the ghosts to stick around, so I can't move her to a new lot.

Rose/Miros

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:25 pm
miros1 wrote:
BTW, in S1, I started an alternate neighborhood where Ginia Kat would marry the townies and then they'd get trapped in this little room in the backyard...

Lol! That's terrifying. :eek:

DC
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:54 pm
I should play that 'hood again... just think of Bob trapped in Ginia's little room!

Maybe I'll put a fireplace in there so they die faster...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
DC
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:16 pm
I bumped up my graphic settings to High for Objects/Sims and Medium for Textures and oh what a difference that made! My Sims have 5 fingers now like yours and my walls and floors aren't so blurry looking. I haven't noticed a big slow down...no slower than it normally is anyway.

-SCG
Re: DC
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:31 pm
SimCityGallery wrote:
I bumped up my graphic settings to High for Objects/Sims and Medium for Textures and oh what a difference that made! My Sims have 5 fingers now like yours and my walls and floors aren't so blurry looking. I haven't noticed a big slow down...no slower than it normally is anyway.

Yay! So now you'll be posting all sorts of pictures! :1eye:
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:34 pm
I did post a picture of one of my oriental Sims. Chang Fong can't dance. He's so funny!

-SCG
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:21 pm
One Less Hero

Neighborhood One is proud to announce its first Double PermaPlatinum Sim, Brandi "the Witch Queen" LeTourneau, and its third (or fourth, depending on how you count) PermaPlatinum Sim, Taylor "Moleman" Almassizadeh:

Two newly minted Criminal Masterminds; demand for minions is high!
I was very pleased when the game managed two simultaneous Platinums emerging from the same car at once without crashing or anything...

Not long after, in the Rooms to Let common room...

A serious discussion.
You'd think if there can be four different Celebrity Chef outfits there could be at least two for Criminal Mastermind...

Brandi: "So are you okay?"

Sandy: "Oh, you know. It's been hard."

Brandi: "I'm sorry. I didn't --"

S: "I mean, I've been passing up the law-enforcement missions, and taking just the humanitarian ones; saving remote villages from landslides, keeping Lima, Peru from sinking into a lake of boiling lava --"

Taylor: "That was completely an accident! The Molemobile just got out of control."

S: "I know. But I can't keep it up forever. The rest of Team Hero won't stand for it. And I can't fight you guys! And you know, it's not like I really care; that's the trouble. If one of you guys wants to blackmail the U.N. by threatening to turn all the world's gold reserves into worthless cardboard --"

T: "Cellophane, actually."

S: "Yeah, whatever, or if you want to use hypnotic laser satellites to convince world leaders to put your hand-picked minions into positions of authority, it's no skin off my nose, right?"

B: "You're sweet to say so."

S: "It's just how I feel. In fact, well..."

T: "What?"

S: "You know what I really want?"

B: "Tell us."

S: "It's silly. But what I really want is to like hang around at home all week, with you, Brandi blush, and then on the weekend, at night, this big black limo would pull up, and I'd get in all dressed up, and the limo would take me out to these amazing parties..."

T: "Cool."

S: "I know, really dumb. Like anyone could make a living like that!"

B: "People do! Where do you think the Raptors get their money?"

S: "Hm. I'd assumed they were all just --"

B: "Well yeah, that too, but their only regular source of income before Eleanor went into the tycoon business was Sally's income as a Professional Party Guest."

S: "You're kidding!"

T: "No really, I heard the same thing. You could do it too, if you really wanted."

S: "I'd love it."

B: "Course you couldn't just pick up the phone and sign up. You'd have to spend time, meet the right people, work your way up the ladder."

S: "When do I start?"

T: "Well, the contacts you'll need aren't really in the criminal area..."

B: "Or in medicine. But I think we could at least get you started. Let me get you a couple of email addresses..."

"Dear CD Universe: I hear you might have an opening for a clerk..."
Is it just me, or might there be a bit of self-congratulatory action going on between Taylor and Brandi there, at the thought that they've just reduced the size of Team Hero by one? Nah...

How will Sandy handle the transition from Wonder Girl to Slacker? And will she manage to keep her hands off of every breathing Sim in sight (at least while Brandi's looking)? Tune in at some future time for some more bits! *8)

DC

Last edited by dmchess on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:47 pm
I love the dress in the second picture! Had to download it for my game. wink Thanks for the link!

-SCG
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:17 am
SimCityGallery wrote:
I love the dress in the second picture! Had to download it for my game. wink

Yeah, that "Sim City Gallery" site has some very nice stuff. *8)

(The Gold Rush color in particular goes great with Brandi's complexion.)

SimCityGallery wrote:
Thanks for the link!

Quite welcome! I try to remember to mention the source of any custom content that occurs in a picture I post (at least the first time it appears), but I'm sure I sometimes forget...

DC
Sandy's New Life
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:05 am
Sandy's new life

Turns out CD Universe wasn't looking for a new clerk, but the owner of a local indy theater whose basement Brandi once used as a secret storehouse for smuggled technology and hallucinogens had an opening for a projectionist. So after one final cuddle as mortal enemies:

Gazing fondly into the future.
"The best parts's going to be meeting people who aren't in distress."

Sandy was off to her new job:

"Does this thing fly at all?"
Since this picture she's become a freelance Web designer; she came with considerable skillz.

Now that she's hanging out with a much looser crowd than Team Hero, Sandy's Romance tendencies are making themselves felt. She visited Gina

"It's nice to be understood."
Hot as two pistols.

And when she invited her old colleague Christy "Lightning Lass" Stratton over one afternoon when Brandi was out, things got a bit out of hand.

Right there in Brandi's bed, too; well, it's not like they're engaged or anything.
I should probably be more steadfast about ignoring Sandy's "X with Y Sims" wants; but I'm just a big softie.

So she's well on her way to her Lifetime Want, and so far her Romanciness hasn't caused any really enormous complications. We'll see!
Peran Checks In
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:13 am
Peran checks in

Brandi invited Peran Nolstovski over the other night, knowing that he'd been somewhat bored at the Zooms, and figuring that as a dedicated knowledge Sim he might fit well into the geeky (if sometimes also musky) atmosphere of Rooms to Let. They got on very well

Best Friends.
Need a song lyric about Dancing on the Lawn here.

and when Brandi asked him if he'd like to move in, he accepted immediately.

The new roomie.
And I was a good boy and moved him in via direct Move In, so he brought about 5K with him from the Zooms', rather than having him move out of there and then into here, which would have gotten Rooms to Let a free 20K out of thin air, which is sort of silly..

He took the hitherto unoccupied south-west bedroom in Rooms to Let; here he is inspecting the setup of the especially studious corner:

Very nice, very nice.
Both of the career devices are actually Brandi's, I think, but she doesn't need them anymore and gladly loaned them to Peran. (Scientific wall art from Sim City Gallery.)

And here he is (looking quite the hunk) getting into bed in the more luxurious part:

After a hard day of scholarship.
Rooms to Let's accumulated quite a bit of wealth by now, and we've been gussying up the bedrooms; have to put some curtains on Peran's windows.

He greatly appreciates the willingnes of his new roomies to help him in his studies.

"Now the technique for extracting TV remote controls from the liver..."
He's spun up a want to two to flirt with Brandi; maybe if she and Sandy ever have a falling out, something might spring up between these two.

And that's the latest news from both Peran and Rooms to Let (except for the story of how Taylor ended up temporarily as a Dinosaur cloner, and...). Expect more pictures of other things later on!

(Hm, these pictures don't really give the layout of the place; so maybe one more picture to come...)
Rooms to Let, aerial view
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:15 am
Rooms to Let, aerial view

Just to lend some extra comprehensibility to the stories in this thread, here's the current layout of Rooms to Let, seen from above:

A: Taylor "Mole Man" Almassizadeh's room (often with Candice Ng as a guest).

B: Formerly Joan Danvers' room; unoccupied since she left for college.

C: Peran Nolstovski's room (and Career Reward Central).

D: Landlady Brandi "Witch Queen" LeTourneau's room, now shared with Sandy Bruty.

The big common room in the center is the big common room *8) with study and dancing spaces, cooking and dining, public computers, and musical instruments. There's a shared bathroom on either side. The street is down the slope off the bottom of the map, and the deck at the top is used for miscellaneous storage of microwaves and coffee machines and stuff. (Peran is barely visible getting into bed, and that's Sandy skilling on the common-room sofa with a cap on; Taylor and Brandi are I think both at work.)

So now you know.

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:17 am
From Captain Hero to freelance web designer? I think the next step involves wearing the chicken costume.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:22 am
Greg wrote:
From Captain Hero to freelance web designer? I think the next step involves wearing the chicken costume.

That's always a possibility. *8)

Actually she's a permaplatinum Professional Party Guest now, I just haven't caught up to that point in posting stories yet. I don't think she's ever actually been to work in that job yet either; it's a sparse schedule...

DC
:story: Rooms to Let