Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Rooms to Let
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
:story: Rooms to Let
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:49 am
Brandi Prospers

(Continuing the Rooms to Let saga that started over in the Danverses' thread...)

Neighborhood One is proud to annouce our second PermaPlatinum Sim, newly-appointed Chief of the Rhinophrenology Staff at Sim City General Hospital, our own Brandi LeTourneau!

Happy forever.
So many important events take place down at the curb, where the lighting is often bad and there's always a trash can or mailbox cluttering things up. And you'd think a Sim that's just made a LTW would at least smile, if not leap into the air with joy. But no...

To celebrate, she went out and bought some new clothes.

Elegant, eh?
Gold Rush Sweaterdress from Sim City Gallery.

(Amusingly, her next LTW is to be a Criminal Mastermind. Which is what she was before she got into Medicine! At least I know she's got the points for it. Housemate Taylor's got the same LTW, and has just started his career at the Smuggler level (no pictures of that yet, since he got the job on a Monday, and everyone knows no smuggling happens on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday); I'm sure Brandi will have some good tips on world domination for him. Maybe it was his enthusing about how exciting a life of crime would be that inspired her to want to return to it.)

Last edited by dmchess on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Re::story: Rooms to Let
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:58 am
Brandi and Sandy

I really had intended to hook Brandi up with some male; I'd wondered for instance if she and Peran might hit if off, both being Knowledge and all.

But she kept spinning up this Want to flirt with her good friend Sandy Bruty (one of the people, I think, that she already had relationship points with when Eleanor moved her in), and finally when she was a little low shortly before her LTW, I said "oh, what the heck" and let her flirt.

They immediately developed mutual crushes, and got to talking:

Girl Talk
via the Peeping Tom Cam

One thing led to another.

Mmm, now I want some chili.
Another Teddies in Action shot for Rose. *8)

So it looks like Sandy'll be moving into Rooms to Let sometime soon, barring upsets. (I restrain myself from looking her up on the Web to see what she's like; I'd rather be surprised...)

Last edited by dmchess on Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:15 am
Keeping in Touch

In other Rooms to Let news, all the inhabitants have become Best Friends with each other, thanks to meals together and the occasional dancing and chatting during skilling breaks. And Jane Danvers (Joan's big sister) has dropped by a few times.

Salmon for dinner
Jane cooked it, too; someone had spun up an Influence want, and she was handy. But it was good!

And this grocery-delivery dude came over once (along with Jane, I think), and kept Ventrilofarting people. They put him to work cleaning to make up for it.

In the background of that shot you can see Taylor getting into bed; Candice is getting into the other side. We'll be moving her in also, as soon as she graduates SSU. With Sandy and Candice (Brandi, Sandy, and Candy?) added it'll get a little crowded. But then Joan'll be off to college before too long (so far she has the A+, the cooking, and the creativity scholarships, I think), and that'll free up a bedroom.

So to summarize, things are good. *8)

Roomies
Does it get any better than this?
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:00 am
Vandalism!

Brandi had the old warehouse cleansed of graffiti and generally spiffed up before she moved in (although in retrospect a scuffier urban look might have been nice), but nothing tempts a tagger like empty brick surfaces at the edge of town:

Should have hired a night watchman.
Brick with graffiti courtesy of Homecrafter Plus and Photoshop's airbrush tool.

(In other Rooms to Let news, Joan is off to college, Brandi has pulled off her first bank job in returning to a life of crime, and Sandy Bruty is probably going to move in at any moment. Endless pictures presumably to follow.)

DC
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Nice touch with the graffiti there, DC!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:53 pm
SimCityGallery wrote:

Thanks! I'm very proud of myself. *8) I started out wanting to do an embedded cement plaque with some writing engraved on it (you know, like those plaques with the year of construction on public buildings and stuff), but I couldn't find anything that looked enough like formal Simlish lettering. So I ended up doing the graffiti, which I like alot. (I'm thinking about doing another modified panel that looks like someone hit it with a steel bat or something, just for more variety! It strikes me that there's lots of potential in this idea of slightly-modified wall panels that can be put in among the normal ones for interesting effects.)

DC
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:22 pm
Try the fonts on this page: http://www.fontcraft.com/scriptorium/arcana/

I think Chaldean could pass for Simlish, don't you?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:40 pm
SimCityGallery wrote:

I agree, nice touch DC! =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:57 pm
miros1 wrote:
I think Chaldean could pass for Simlish, don't you?

Woo, that's fardling brilliant! Next time the idea comes around on the inner guitar, that's where I'll go...
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:49 pm
Transitions
Part I: Adults are gross

"God, Taylor, will you stop with the smuggling stories? You've really got me missing it!"

"So? You keep saying you're gonna call up some of your old henchmen and get back into it. What's stopping you?"

"Ya know, you're right!"

"A bank job, you say? I could get into a bank job."
Although she's a little jealous that Taylor got right into smuggling. In her day a college degree wouldn't have meant a thing in the underworld. How times change. (Wall art from Simsational Sandy's.)

Later that night, Brandi and Sandy get friendly in the living room, and Joan freaks out.

"Ewwwwww!"
Adults are gross.

Then everyone gets dressed, and Brandi's off to work.

Joan: "Ewww!"; Brandi: "Was I that weird as a teenager?"; Sandy: "Mmmmm..."
Note that Sandy is looking the other way, and doesn't notice Brandi's outfit. This is significant.

Last edited by dmchess on Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Transitions
Part II: To an ungrosser place

"Man, it's great hanging out with you guys. You wouldn't believe what the adults around here get into. I wish I was at college or something."

"But talking about important stuff, like space aliens..."
Joan doesn't seem to have noticed that Candice (center, a college student) has just as strong a tendency toward gross adult behavior as Brandi and Sandy. (That's Hermes Zoom on the left; he may be off to college soon himself.)

"That's it! I've got my scholarships, I'm old enough. I'm outta here!"

Leaving again.
If I'd thought about it a little harder, I would have had her parents around for the great sendoff. But she was in a hurry.

Off into the future.

"It'll be great to be somewhere where people are into learning, not smooching!"
Joan is perhaps just a touch naive.
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:19 pm
Transitions
Part III: Sandy moves in

"Darling, please come over. I can't stand not seeing you."

Brandi's been calling for hours, but there's been no answer until now.
What does Sandy do for a living, anyway?

"What do you say? Move in with me? The place is empty without you!"

"I thought you'd never ask."

Awww...
And OMG she's Romance. I should watch what I wish for: now I get to try to keep a Romance Sim happy and relatively monogamous while living in a boarding house. And she's also, well...

Shortly afterward, Brandi had to leave for work.

Could have sworn she was a famous doctor just the other day.
Is there a slight look of shock on Sandy's face when she sees Brandi's work clothes? If so, it's because Sandy is, yes that's right:

Captain Hero!

Up, up, and away!
Not exactly a recipe for domestic bliss, with one Captain Hero and two wannabe Criminal Masterminds in the same house. On the other hand, Sandy's LTW... Well, that's for another story.

What other bizarre twists of fate does destiny have in store for our protagonists? Will Sandy be forced to arrest her lover and her fellow roommate, or perhaps even imprison them on an isolated asteroid under an impenetrable stasis field? Will Joan find herself in a paradise of serious learning, or a den of gross smooching behavior? These questions and more may be answered someday, but not tonight!

*8),
DC
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:28 am
(And when Sandy moved in she only brought 1,000 Simoleans with her; I guess Townie Captain Heros give all their extra income to charity! :shades1: DC)
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:16 am
Tx to Rose's suggestion (I didn't actually use Chaldean 'cause I didn't want to buy a font just for this, but I followed a link-and-Google trail from there to here, whence I snarfed the "Alphabet of the Magi" font which also looks pretty Simish), the old Rooms to Let building now has a nice subtle plaque on the back wall:

Built in oom-gverty-tubwuff
And I think I put it in a place that I haven't photographed (much?) before, to avoid having to retcon.

Detail is fun... geek

DC
Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:58 am
DC,

Thanks for this story! I never, ever thought I could care about Townies so much :yahoo: until I found the Hullabaloo!

Keep it up (and thanks for the link to the fonts wave ... I bookmarked it for later!).
-- Ziggles