Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Over at the Danverses'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:05 pm
Another Busy Day
II. Altercation

Pretty much everyone gathered in the kitchen (except the twins, who were miraculously still asleep somewhere). Jean made some endearing remark, and John kissed her (I actually told him to, because I thought the fireworks would be fun). This infuriated Eleanor, who leapt up and slapped him.

"How dare you cheat on me with your wife!!"
Sim Jealousy (especially in Romance Sims) is awfully irrational. But funny!
I cannot figure out who got 2,500 Influence Points here, or for what;
ideas welcome.

John was disgusted, and his love for Eleanor evaporated like the dew under a laser. (I mean, she'd been really cute as a teenager and all, and it was very flattering to be seduced when she grew up, but this was too much.)

Jean, on the other hand, thought the whole thing was hysterical.
My RL daughter notes that John's stance suggests that he's doing the "Attraction" thing toward Eleanor while in the process of falling out of love; these Sims! (I like the symbolism of the cloud covering Eleanor's face.)

Justin, who'd been innocently sitting at the table reading the business section while his Aunt Joan played with whatsisname there on the pinball machine, looked over in fascination. So is that what adulthood is all about?

"Hm, very interesting!"
Note Joan getting all enthusiastic about her grades in the background; she's such a nerd!

What will exposure to all this adult activity do to poor Justin? Tune in a couple of minutes from now and find out!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:14 pm
Another Busy Day
III. Maturation

The combination of spiffy blazer, business news, and nearby infidelity-related behavior suddenly pushed Justin's innocent mind over the edge: into teenagerdom!

Ka-spango!
And this, friends, is why children must be carefully shielded from inappropriate material on the Internet, not to mention Playsim Magazine covers. (Hm, that wall by the pinball machine really needs some decoration.)

Fortunately he survived the transition unscathed.

Hot, or wot?
Who says adopted Sims are ugly? Given the behavior pictured above I should have made him Knowledge or Fortune; but on a whim I think I chose Popularity.

Still to come (but not tonight): the twins enter childhood, Jean finally gets into crime, and Jan (or possibly Jen) discovers the Bubblepipe...

Your turn! *8)
DC
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:09 pm
Jan and Jen into Childhood

As described in way (way way) too much detail elsewhere, Jan and Jen Danvers have grown into adorable twin children,

Huzzah!

and begun showing up as random unaccompanied-minor walkbys on community lots.

"Nice to meet you!"
"Say, isn't your daughter my Grampa John's ex-lover? You must be really old!"

Life is good.

"Pillowfight!"
After I took this picture I went and fixed the missing siding on the house.

In other Danvers news, Jean has entered the criminal underworld, Justin has a girlfriend (na-nah na-nah nah nah!), the Headmaster's been by again, Joan's graduated from college and moved back to Rooms to Let, and, and, and...

DC
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:13 pm
Glp..? Ab..? Which one's which!? Which is why I prefer twins like the Pleasants (different dress styles) and Jay & Jackie (1 of each gender) This is so confusing...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:17 pm
Nihale199 wrote:
Glp..? Ab..? Which one's which!? Which is why I prefer twins like the Pleasants (different dress styles) and Jay & Jackie (1 of each gender) This is so confusing...

Yeah, I think twins come in two styles: the "I want to look as different as possible from my sib" style, and the "We want to look as similar as possible to confuse everyone" style. Jan and Jen seem to be the latter so far (carrying on in the family tradition of just about everyone having nearly the same first name, perhaps!). *8)

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:10 pm
dmchess wrote:
"Say, isn't your daughter my Grampa John's ex-lover? You must be really old!"

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:41 pm
Joan Danvers' College Years

As documented in far too many pictures here, Joan Danvers had a college experience full of scholarship

"Now anti-pollution laws, on the other hand..."

and visits from family

Always gratifying to see a father and daughter getting along

and romance

Hi, there!
How far she's come since she left Rooms to Let. She's as intellectual and focused as I originally imagined her, but she's also turned out to be quite romantic, creative, and self-assertive. Funny how characters surprise you.

As described previously, she inherited the usual off-campus house from Candice Ng (who got it from Taylor who got it from Gina), and after her triumphant return from her last Senior year finals

With honors

she turned the place over to her college sweetheart Damion Cormier.

Moving in hug
Turns out he's a lazy sloppy Romance sim; perfect for a college fling, but I think Joan can do better long-term.

She's now back at Rooms to Let, where the regulars welcomed her warmly.

"You've turned out so well!"
That's Peran in the silly boxers serving dinner. I think he and Joan might hit it off quite nicely...

The full story has about seven times this many pictures, including the usual Secret Society stuff, silly pictures involving streakers and mascots and coaches, and lots of smooching, as well as the first images of the newly-redecorted SSU library.

Further Joan stories will probably be in the Rooms to Let thread. Or not...
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:04 pm
"Why, Jean!"
These Sims never cease surprising me

So the Danverses are one of the few families in Neighborhood One that have never had a hot tub. Jean Danvers just had her first experience of one, and she got quite carried away.

The warm water, the gentle purring of the pumps, the lovely frangrances (it was a Love Tub still in its active period); how could anyone resist the urge to have nothing at all between one's flesh and all of that?

"Oh, Mrs. Danvers! I, um, didn't, uh, do you mind if I...?"
Peran didn't know quite what to say, but Jean paid no attention. Doesn't she look serene, though? Who would have thought that cute innocent faithful forgiving snub-nosed Jean would be one to get into hot tubs naked.

(This happened at Damion Cormier's new bachelor pad; Jean and Peran and Eleanor were the welcoming committee. The story of Damion's SSU career, tentatively titled "Sleeping through College", will be posted as soon as I can winnow down the picture album to less than half a zillion and pass them all through Photoshop for contrast adjustment and resizing and compression and all. But in the meantime this one just cried out to be posted in the Danvers thread...)

DC
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:39 pm
Justin's Growing Up

In the first of a small raft of Danvers updates, Justin has gotten very fond of Olivia Langerak, and vice-versa.

A friendly goodbye.
Note that this is not a kiss, this is just a goodbye. Neither Justin nor Olivia have yet had a First Kiss.

And (difficult as it was to leave Olivia) he has escaped the chaos of the house by heading off to college.

Grampa John sees him off.
I think that's his Mom Georgia coming home in the limo in the background; I don't know where his Mom Jane is. The "come see off the new college student" motive doesn't seem to be very reliable.

He took over the old Raptor place at SSU from Damion Cormier (see "Sleeping Through College"), and now has a big Want for Olivia to come join him. If she moves right in with him, they'll probably have to make up some good story for the parents (there's only one bed in the house, after all).
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:15 pm
dmchess wrote:
Note that this is not a kiss, this is just a goodbye. Neither Justin nor Olivia have yet had a First Kiss.

Ummm... OK, fine!

You must remember this:
    A kiss is not a kiss.
    It's just a sweet goodbye...

Nah. It'll never sell.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:28 pm
Just More Chaos

For whatever reason (mostly I think that Jane constantly wants to invite people over, and also that it's just in character that they tend to grab anyone who passes by and invite them in, and also that their front door opens right onto the sidewalk) the Danvers place is generally full of friends (and casual acquaintances).

A typical lunch party.
Let's see, besides the residents we have the Headmaster guy (currently offduty; I think Jean invited him over), and Joan in the hat visiting from college, and Sandy Bruty (who Jane constantly wants to interact with, and is extremely good although completely platonic friends with), and in the background Taylor who must have been just passing by or something talking to John about the mythical "rain".

Having the house so full of people sometimes leads to little incidents.

Jane forgot to lock the bathroom door.
A day that that kid, whoever he is, will long remember. (Edit: I think that's Aaron Almassizadeh; sorry again, Aaron!)

But in general it's a popular place to meet and greet.

Gabriel tells his gramma about his potty training.
It was a complete coincidence that the two of them happened to be over at the same time. Just goes to show how busy the place is.

And amid all this chaos, Jean was patiently working on her Lifetime Want...

Last edited by dmchess on Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:35 pm
Greg wrote:
Ummm... OK, fine!

The game's idea, not mine! *8)

Greg wrote:

You must remember this:
    A kiss is not a kiss.
    It's just a sweet goodbye...

Oh is that how "list" works in bbcode! I'd never quite figured it out. (If it did sell, you might have a little trouble with certain copyright holders...)
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:47 pm
Jean Fulfilled

One day Jean came home triumphant (she had to walk half a block, because her limo was blocked by various school buses and things milling about in front of the house).

The big two-five.
She maxed all her skills a long time ago, but after I installed University and she decided to switch from Mad Science to more direct World Domination it for some reason took her quite awhile to get there. Maybe because the house is so busy that time passes slowly there. (In the background, Jane the infinitely sociable talks to Sophie whatsername the teen townie.)

It was some days later when she finally got to wear the costume.

Emerging from the bathroom into the usual mayhem.
Visitors today, Sally Raptor again (whose arm is doing that strange arm thing), and Kaylynn from the mansion across the street, talking to Jane about someone's graduation from college.

John found it her irresistable in it (as, I have to admit, do I, if not in quite the same way; she's just so cute!).

Or vice-versa.

And elsewhere in the house, the twins were gradually growing up...

Last edited by dmchess on Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:51 pm
A pair of thoughts

But before we get to the twins, a great little glimpse into the minds of Georgia and Jane their Moms.

Sitting down to a game of chess.
Guess which one's Fortune and which one's Family! Georgia needs the logic skills to continue her climb up the corporate ladder; Jane just likes being around her.

(Through the lefthand window, one of the twins stands mesmerized by the haunted dartboard. I really ought to just moveObjects-delete it, but it has a certain scary charm.)

And speaking of the twins...

Last edited by dmchess on Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:00 pm
More teenagers

One afternoon, suddenly and without fanfare, Jan was no longer a child.

Whoa!
It happened in the bathroom, which would be entirely appropriate for a human woman; but Sims don't have cycles, so it was just a coincidence. I'd lost track of time, so there wasn't a cake or anything. (Jan's top has the mysterious blurriness that we've been talking about in other threads; odd.)

Jen didn't mature at the same time; even though they're twins, Jan's visit to The Other Place that time where she met Sally Raptor had advanced her clock by a day (or something).

Noogie noogie!
They get along very well, but this was just irresistable.

Once was enough for Jen. Who needs an extra day of childhood?

I've got a new favorite color!
I'd never even noticed that teen outfit before. It has a certain appeal.

What was that about noogies?
I love Georgia's fond expression here, watching her daughters tussling.

Last edited by dmchess on Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
:story: Over at the Danverses'